Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erentz

Knows everything! 5 years later.
Why do you rate him so lowly?

He doesn't rate Fabregas as a midfielder either tbf, he was sure they would keep Thiago instead. Hererra is a very good player, but it makes to much sense for us to sign him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I doubt we need two players competing for the role of cover.

What's the point in selling Ando? We would either not find any buyers for him or else we end up taking peanuts for him. Having 6 midfielders (which include a nearly 40 year old Giggs) isnt tragic especially when one consider the fact that we'll probably be using a 3 men CM quite regularly this season.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Because he's a fecking Barcelona fan!

I think he needs a season watching guys like Ando and Jones plying their trade in CM. In that way he'll finally recognise that not every midfielder is as good as Xavi, Iniesta and Thiago.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
What's the point in selling Ando? We would either not find any buyers for him or else we end up taking peanuts for him. Having 6 midfielders (which include a nearly 40 year old Giggs) isnt tragic especially when one consider the fact that we'll probably be using a 3 men CM quite regularly this season.

Exaclty. In 2007-8 We had Carrick,Hargreaves,Scholes,Anderson,Fletcher.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
So what's your opinion of Herrera generally?

Well I'm sure most of you got a real good look at him when Bielsa's side played United recently. I don't like the player's attitude or demeanor, I find him to be a prick, tbh - which doesn't sound like much but when you consider the personalities of most of the Spanish midfielders, it's odd. Plus, he's a player who can come undone fairly quickly, IMO.

Skilled, good vision, good workrate and very physical CM that will happily get stuck in. Suited to a counter attacking team more than anything, IMO. He is not, however, a premier talent in Spain atm from the midfield - there are several ahead of him

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Well I'm sure most of you got a real good look at him when Bielsa's side played United recently. I don't like the player's attitude or demeanor, I find him to be a prick, tbh - which doesn't sound like much but when you consider the personalities of most of the Spanish midfielders, it's odd. Plus, he's a player who can come undone fairly quickly, IMO.

Skilled, good vision, good workrate and very physical CM that will happily get stuck in. Suited to a counter attacking team more than anything, IMO.

Unless Moyes has plans for changes, that sounds like us...

Dante

Average bang

Skilled, good vision, good workrate and very physical CM that will happily get stuck in. Suited to a counter attacking team more than anything, IMO.
Sounds perfect.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

:houllier: Sounds like he has a good attitude. Seems to me its you have a grudge against him as opposed to not rating him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Skilled, good vision, good workrate and very physical CM that will happily get stuck in. Suited to a counter attacking team more than anything, IMO. He is not, however, a premier talent in Spain atm from the midfield - there are several ahead of him
I doubt you have put anyone off with that assessment.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle

So he's got every attribute we need in CM, and got a bit of a nasty streak about him as well?

Well I guess since you don't like him we'll better sign another LB or a striker and loan Rooney out to Sociedad or something. Or sign Fellaini.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
:houllier: Sounds like he has a good attitude. Seems to me its you have a grudge against him as opposed to not rating him.

No, I don't like him but that wouldn't preclude me from rating him. There's just a long line of talented midfielders in Spain. I think he's a good midfielder, I just think there are or have been better ones out there.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I still think Iturraspe would be the better signing overall. But yes please in any case.

marjen

No, I don't like him but that wouldn't preclude me from rating him. There's just a long line of talented midfielders in Spain. I think he's a good midfielder, I just think there are or have been better ones out there.
Meanwhile, I'll take Herrera rather than place our trust in a 40 year old coach and Phil Jones.

If you've lost your home in a hurricane you ain't complaining when someone offers you a couch to crash on.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Ha, sounds like exactly the type of player the caf has wanted all summer.

The fact that there are several players ahead of him in the Spanish team is hardly that worrying, Spain are blessed in midfield. How do you think he'd compare with other PL players? The way you've described him makes me think he's around the level Arteta was at his best...

marjen

Get him in. Whoever he is.
I've heard he's played in midfield.

As I said last summer: I wouldn't be completely against the accquisition of Shaun Derry at this point. And at the age of, what, 78 or something like that, what does one more year really do?

Mainoldo

Bloody Expensive aint it! Him and Fellaini would do.. He can pass abit

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Ha, sounds like exactly the type of player the caf has wanted all summer.

The fact that there are several players ahead of him in the Spanish team is hardly that worrying, Spain are blessed in midfield. How do you think he'd compare with other PL players? The way you've described him makes me think he's around the level Arteta was at his best...

The Arteta comparison is not bad actually, minus the personality. Considering Moyes is the one who turned Arteta's career around then it might make some sense.

Steven Seagull

Reverse psychology eh. You crafty bugger

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Is midfielder. Does not compute. Will not happen.

walsh

To be fair to what FCBarca said about him being a twat, that was the main impression I came away with from watching about 3 Youtube videos :lol:

I don't think I've ever seen a player compilation video ever show so many clips of the player arguing with the ref or the opposition!

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
So he's down in the pecking order of Spanish midfielders. So what?

This is the country that has such an embarrassment of riches that one of the best keepers in the world, De Gea, has never even played for them, and the likes of Mata, Martinez, Soldado etc struggle to get in the side. I don't think we should be overly concerned.

Dante

Average bang
We need more pricks in our team if anything. If Rooney goes, who's left? Kagawa - no; Welbeck - no; Carrick - no; Cleverley - no; Valencia - no. Probably only RVP out of our front 6. Every great team in history has been stuffed full of pricks.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
I've heard he's played in midfield.

As I said last summer: I wouldn't be completely against the accquisition of Shaun Derry at this point. And at the age of, what, 78 or something like that, what does one more year really do?
We've missed out, he's gone to Milwall. Says he wants to triumph there.

Tibs

I think we will sign him

Lol jokes we want Baines

Dominos

Have we seriously opened with the same bid as we did for Fabregas? :houllier:

Will wait to hear something from our papers on this, not entirely convinced this is true. No idea why this couldn't have been done weeks ago if it is..

Dominos

No evidence for that so far, especially with 4 strikers, 4 wingers and Kagawa to fit in (and I'm not including some other players here).

I thought the (ideal) plan at the start of the summer was 2 new CM's, one defensive, one attacking, Anderson sold which leaves us to play around with Carrick, Cleverley and 2 new arrivals for the 2 midfield spots with Giggs, Fletcher, Jones, Powell floating around for back up.

Having left it so late right now we're in 1 big cluster feck where we can either be left unbalanced in terms of options, short on quality, understocked or overstocked but never really in a ideal situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.