Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
Why so, Revan?
Because as we know from Martinez case, signing a player by using his release clause it is a difficult and lengthy process.

In Thiago's case, Bayern gave more money to Barca only because using the clause isn't as straightforward as people think.

In that article, it says that Bilbao aren't interested to negotiate and the only way for the signing is if we use the clause. With only 4 days in transfer market, I guess it will be difficult.

walsh

Ander Herrera ? What a surprise that would be... I totally forgot about him.
We all did. Most of us, including me, probably haven't seen him play since we were in the...ahem...Europa League.

I've seen him play for the U21s and was impressed, I believe that was when Thiago really shone for the team at the U21 tournament a few years ago.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Well, is anyone gonna translate that article then?

sajeev

Well, is anyone gonna translate that article then?
Google translate for you :)

The Manchester United coming for Ander Herrera
Cope.es
Thursday 08/29/2013
The English would be willing to pay 30 million for Athletic midfielder, as has been told Sports COPE.
[+] [-]
Manchester United have made ​​a formal offer to sign Athletic Ander Herrera. The English club would be willing to pay 30 million euros.

Anyway, following the precedents of Javi Martinez and Fernando Llorente, Athletic not negotiate the transfer of the player , so the only option for the Manchester United can win the midfielder is to disburse 36 million euros of the clause of the player. player has a contract with Athletic Bilbao until June 2016.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Honestly don't think he's progressed the way he should've since that Europa League tie.

Thought he was a bit average last season from the games I watched (albeit didn't see Bilbao too much). 30 million would be a massive gamble on him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Illaramendi cost about 30 millions.

Could be a risky signing, could be a good choice, could be a bullshit, too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Honestly don't think he's progressed the way he should've since that Europa League tie.

Thought he was a bit average last season from the games I watched (albeit didn't see Bilbao too much). 30 million would be a massive gamble on him.
He's impressed me when I've watched Bilbao. Bilbao as a whole do not always look like the team that blew us away, so perhaps people may feel disappointed when they watch. He's a superb little player though.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
At this stage of the summer, with the deadline looming, we don't have the time to make inferior bids so we should simply bid the amount required.

My other concern it takes Woody 4 weeks, and sometimes 2 months as seen with the Baines, to make a second bid....

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Where's jojojo when you need her?

Revan

Assumptionman
He's impressed me when I've watched Bilbao. Bilbao as a whole do not always look like the team that blew us away, so perhaps people may feel disappointed when they watch. He's a superb little player though.

He's not little at all though. He is 6 foot.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's not little at all though. He is 6 foot.
I thought someone may point that out, but couldn't be bothered to change it. 'Little player' is more of a figure of speech than a statement to be taken literally.

Anyway, Herrera, Fellaini and Baines would be a great summer's work. A midfielder would have to leave though, I'd imagine.

walsh

I thought someone may point that out, but couldn't be bothered to change it. 'Little player' is more of a figure of speech than a statement to be taken literally.

Anyway, Herrera, Fellaini and Baines would be a great summer's work. A midfielder would have to leave though, I'd imagine.
Us signing 3 players :lol:

:(

Revan

Assumptionman
For a tall lad, he's a cracking little player though.
What does this mean?

Is Fellaini little (despite being a giant) too?

walsh

This is a link I found on the first page of search results when I searched Ander Herrera. Wouldn't get too excited yet. The same radio station was linking him with Barcelona a few months back

Link
Barca have come in for him? Maybe that means we're signing Fabregas? I'm off to submit this into the twitter rumour mill!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Not really, Giggs would just get played less I'd imagine. Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini, Cleverley and Anderson. Five players for two positions, no more overstocked than we are up front. It would be nice to have actual options in midfield for once.

Revan

Assumptionman
Can he be cover for Carrick in case you know something bad happens?

If yes, then feck Fellaini.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Only one player outside of Barcelona made more passes in La Liga last year, he made the 6th most tackles per game and he was one of the best players on the pitch v Barcelona at the Nou Camp despite his team losing 5-1, so I think he still represents everything we need in a midfielder. Skill, intelligence, tactical awareness, personality and fight - he shows it all almost any time I see him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Sign 3 midfielders? Maybe in the next 10 years combined. Until then we'll sign 17 left backs, 23 center backs and 19 strikers.
You can always loan Barkley back to Everton.

With Macheda and Henriquez we probably have 19 strikers, already.

Status
Not open for further replies.