Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Unfortunately, I think United's brass are a bit too enamoured with a player who played well against them in the tie 2 seasons ago. Herrera wouldn't be my pick. Perhaps it's already well known but the Basque club are not easily pressured in transfers, if it's more they're holding out for then it's more they'll get...or the player will remain.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I thought someone may point that out, but couldn't be bothered to change it. 'Little player' is more of a figure of speech than a statement to be taken literally.

Anyway, Herrera, Fellaini and Baines would be a great summer's work. A midfielder would have to leave though, I'd imagine.

Giggs is moving to coach. The fact that we've utilizing him so much is in itself a concern. Carrick is our first teamer defensive minded midfielder with Felliani acting as cover/competitor (something we need considering that at his age you cant expect Carrick to play every single game). Herrera would be our first teamer's attacking midfielder with Cleverley and Ando competing for the cover/competitor's role. Considering that we'll probably play in a 3 men CM for a substantial number of games + there are big questions regarding Ando's fitness levels then I cant see what's the issue about adding two CMs in the team.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Unfortunately, I think United's brass are a bit too enamoured with a player who played well against them in the tie 2 seasons ago. Herrera wouldn't be my pick. Perhaps it's already well known but the Basque club are not easily pressured in transfers, if it's more they're holding out for then it's more they'll get...or the player will remain.

Is the outlet that has reported this reliable?

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Well aren't you a fecking spoilsport or what.

FFS you sold Thiago to Bayern and kept Fabregas, how much more tormenting will you have of us?

devilish

Sign 3 midfielders? Maybe in the next 10 years combined. Until then we'll sign 17 left backs, 23 center backs and 19 strikers.

I agree 3 CMs would be overkill.

walsh

Which of United's brass? Pretty much the entire staff has been turned over. I do agree that it seems a bit risky for such a fee, I personally doubt there is much truth to it at all.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Might as well post Youtube vids, not really a lot in them though:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

So what's your opinion of Herrera generally?

Varun

Staff

Pretty sure our scouting system is a bit more advanced than that.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Would we have been better off going for the other Herrera we were tracking? The one who Porto just bought for peanuts?

Revan

Assumptionman
Would we have been better off going for the other Herrera we were tracking? The one who Porto just bought for peanuts?
Nah, he's shit, this is the real deal. You think you're better than Woody?

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Yes but are we all forgetting that the article is clearly saying that they are going to reject the offer? :lol:
No trouble, Woody'll just wait another week and put in a bid, with 4 million euros in add-ons added to the original sum.

Before, inconveniently enough, forgetting that the transfer window is shut.

devilish

We have to rebuilt CM from somewhere and Herrera is a step to the right direction. Not to forget also that underrated midfielders with a point to prove tend to do well at OT (Carrick, Scholes etc) as opposed to world class playmakers (ex Veron)

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
We have to rebuilt CM from somewhere and Herrera is a step to the right direction. Not to forget also that underrated midfielders with a point to prove tend to do well at OT (Carrick, Scholes etc) as opposed to world class playmakers (ex Veron)

Just would be a shame that when the club finally enters into talks for a CM and are willing to spend the money, they end up with Herrera

devilish

Just would be a shame that when the club finally enters into talks for a CM and are willing to spend the money, they end up with Herrera

Why do you rate him so lowly?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Giggs is moving to coach. The fact that we've utilizing him so much is in itself a concern. Carrick is our first teamer defensive minded midfielder with Felliani acting as cover/competitor (something we need considering that at his age you cant expect Carrick to play every single game). Herrera would be our first teamer's attacking midfielder with Cleverley and Ando competing for the cover/competitor's role. Considering that we'll probably play in a 3 men CM for a substantial number of games + there are big questions regarding Ando's fitness levels then I cant see what's the issue about adding two CMs in the team.
I doubt we need two players competing for the role of cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.