Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

this is his performance against us. Made a brilliant assist but overall nothing our Tom couldn't do or at least develop into. Not worth 30 million for me but would be happy to get him.
I agree.. I'm not sure he'd be an upgrade on Cleverley, and if so then not by much - and since Carrick and Cleverley already have a good understanding and proven successful partnership, I'm not sure he's worth 30m at all.

He similarly scores a low number of goals, and last season he had a 10% lower pass success rate than Cleverley and only had 1.3 more long balls per game, and 0.4 key passes per game - I would imagine all of these would be reduced playing too playing in the Premier League - plus he would get less opportunity playing next to Carrick as he would no longer be the main playmaker.

Would rather Fellaini. The midfielders we're going for either need to be a step up on Cleverley, or bringing something different to the table.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
You do need to have a certain amount of Spaniards or Germans to win anything in Europe so we might as well take a punt.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I think he needs a season watching guys like Ando and Jones plying their trade in CM. In that way he'll finally recognise that not every midfielder is as good as Xavi, Iniesta and Thiago.
I don't think anyone has seen Ando play a season in CM.

Dante

Average bang

Here's a match compilation of all Ander's touches during a La Liga game a couple of weeks ago. He looks completely different (and imo superior) to Cleverley. Having watched this I'd love to see us sign him.

Alock1

Here's a match compilation of all Ander's touches during a La Liga game a couple of weeks ago. He looks completely different (and imo superior) to Cleverley. Having watched this I'd love to see us sign him.
He is slightly more productive whilst being 10% less efficient with his passing. I dont think he looks streets ahead thats for sure.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
It still boggles my mind how you can play a 4-3-3 formation in the La Liga like this.

And your three midfielders can be good enough to all play with that amount of time and space on the ball. If you played that spread in the PL you'd be stuffed big time. All three of those players basically have to play an interchanging set of 'Carrick last year' roles. It's a bit crazy that you can get away with it. (Unless Valladolid stuffed them 6-0 or something :lol:).

Alock1

It still boggles my mind how you can play a 4-3-3 formation in the La Liga like this.

And your three midfielders can be good enough to all play with that amount of time and space on the ball. If you played that spread in the PL you'd be stuffed big time. All three of those players basically have to play an interchanging set of 'Carrick last year' roles. It's a bit crazy that you can get away with it. (Unless Valladolid stuffed them 6-0 or something :lol:).
For a start theyve accidently got 3 forwards in goal and a goalie poaching.

also.. teams have set up 433 in the prem and often a 433 is the same as a 451 off the ball.

far more control than the 442 we have donned for most of the prem era.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
For a start theyve accidently got 3 forwards in goal and a goalie poaching.
also.. teams have set up 433 in the prem and often a 433 is the same as a 451 off the ball.
far more control than the 442 we have donned for most of the prem era.
Champagne comedy.

Yeah I know, but when you watch the footage, watch how much distance is between the midfield three. There is no extensive pressing and fullback compensation. It's a totally different dynamic to the EPL because of the physical nature and the constant over the top ball attempt/threat. Still it's crazy to me. These La Liga 'central midfielders' have so much more skill on the ball in the dribble and keeping it. Comparing them to midfielders like Cleverley is completely different. He's a very energetic pass and move and has a quality touch but his ball control and willingness to dribble under pressure is almost non existent. Much like Carrick. The pressing dynamic is different of course.

Interesting little nuances from both leagues at play.

Swaters16

A lot of people dont know how to read players ability
A lot of people just don't like Fellaini. Me included and so obviously oppose his signing. However they, generally speaking, will have see a lot more of Fellaini than they have of Ander so they know where they rate Fellaini. Whereas to most people (I assume) Herrera is an unknown quantity and so spending big is in the best judgement of the club.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Just activate the release clause FFS its just 6m euros more then our initial offer.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Would love this to be true. From the little I've seen of him he looks superb and is only 24. Pay the full whack and just get him here.

QuackQuack

Handy with candles and exhausts
Would love this to be true. From the little I've seen of him he looks superb and is only 24. Pay the full whack and just get him here.
This. We don't have time to negotiate a fee and I would hate it if we missed out for the sake of a few million.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
A lot of people just don't like Fellaini. Me included and so obviously oppose his signing. However they, generally speaking, will have see a lot more of Fellaini than they have of Ander so they know where they rate Fellaini. Whereas to most people (I assume) Herrera is an unknown quantity and so spending big is in the best judgement of the club.
What is your issue with Fellaini?

Siorac

people here don't see fellaini as being worth 20m pounds but don't seem to mind paying 30m euros for ander herrera, weird
Nothing weird about that. We know exactly what Fellaini is good at and his strengths do not add up to a 20m+ player. Herrera is a bit of an unknown but at least he might be brilliant.

Stretch

So we're quibbling over a few million Euros now? Geez, just pay the cash, get him with the Everton Afro man. Baines is not necessary but I won't be against him coming too. We need to get things wrapped up sharpish. Monday is fast approaching.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So we're quibbling over a few million Euros now? Geez, just pay the cash, get him with the Everton Afro man. Baines is not necessary but I won't be against him coming too. We need to get things wrapped up sharpish. Monday is fast approaching.
No idea if there's any truth to this but we always quibble for a few million here or there and often mess up deals because of it.

LR7

Hard to believe that at this late stage in the window there is no urgency and were trying to underpay for a player with a release clause who doesn't particularly want to leave and the club doesn't want to sell. Have we learnt nothing this pase few months/weeks? Just offer the clause and get it done.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Hard to believe that at this late stage in the window there is no urgency and were trying to underpay for a player with a release clause who doesn't particularly want to leave and the club doesn't want to sell. Have we learnt nothing this pase few months/weeks? Just offer the clause and get it done.
I'm beginning to think the Equalizer is the most stubborn man on the planet, and plays hardball not knowing that the transfer window closing is a very different concept to anything he's ever seen before. He's a businessman, but how much does he really know about football finances and dealings?
We've discussed this to death though. Hopefully Gill comes back and gives him some tutorials on proper transfer etiquette.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I literally don't know anything about the player except that he's called Ander Herrera and plays midfield for Athletic Club but I'm still going to be incredibly excited because he's Spanish.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm beginning to think the Equalizer is the most stubborn man on the planet, and plays hardball not knowing that the transfer window closing is a very different concept to anything he's ever seen before. He's a businessman, but how much does he really know about football finances and dealings?
We've discussed this to death though. Hopefully Gill comes back and gives him some tutorials on proper transfer etiquette.
He probably doesn't realise that there's such thing as a transfer window. I'm expecting a Fabregas bid in the middle of September, £32.5m.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
He probably doesn't realise that there's such thing as a transfer window. I'm expecting a Fabregas bid in the middle of September, £32.5m.

32.5m? That's outrageous. No way he'd bid so high.
Every time I hear Woodward's name mentioned, I think of the bakery analogy someone posted a few days back.

RedRover

A new level of speculation.

We're speculating that we're quibbling over the price of a player that no reputable sources are reporting us to have even made any bid for, or have any interest in.

Let's stick the boot into Woodward for not bidding enough for a player he hasnt actually bid for at all. Probably.

Madness.

LR7

It's a bit annoying. Look how quickly Bayern wrapped up Thiago by offering more than the clause despite it being well known that the player wanted to go. I'm not saying throw silly money at this, but at the very minimum offer the fecking clause.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Woodie: "How much is that Herrera lad? Will you take 20m?"
Bilbao "No, his clause which we have stated, is 36m. Take it or leave it."
Woodie: "Hmm. Ok. What about 30m and these three beans?"
Bilbao: "No. He is worth 36m, as his release clause is set at that"
Woodie: "I'm going to go assess my finances, I'll be back."

(What I imagine will happen on last day of transfer season)
Woodie: "So, will you take 30m?"
Bilbao: "No. We won't. Stop wasting our time"
Woodie: "OK,Sorry for the misunderstanding. He's not worth the investment"

Woodie to the press later: "No value in the market."

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I literally don't know anything about the player except that he's called Ander Herrera and plays midfield for Athletic Club but I'm still going to be incredibly excited because he's Spanish.
Not a bad reason to be fair. They do tend to be cracking players.

*cue someone posting a picture of the Spanish heskey

Brophs

The One and Only
It's a bit annoying. Look how quickly Bayern wrapped up Thiago by offering more than the clause despite it being well known that the player wanted to go. I'm not saying throw silly money at this, but at the very minimum offer the fecking clause.

They paid more than the clause to avoid taxation issues, rather than it being their valuation of the player.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Woodie: "How much is that Herrera lad? Will you take 20m?"
Bilbao "No, his clause which we have stated, is 36m. Take it or leave it."
Woodie: "Hmm. Ok. What about 30m and these three beans?"
Bilbao: "No. He is worth 36m, as his release clause is set at that"
Woodie: "I'm going to go assess my finances, I'll be back."

(What I imagine will happen on last day of transfer season)
Woodie: "So, will you take 30m?"
Bilbao: "No. We won't. Stop wasting our time"
Woodie: "OK,Sorry for the misunderstanding. He's not worth the investment"

Woodie to the press later: "No value in the market."
I never get sick of these. Absolutely top shelf comedy.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
A new level of speculation.

We're speculating that we're quibbling over the price of a player that no reputable sources are reporting us to have even made any bid for, or have any interest in.

Let's stick the boot into Woodward for not bidding enough for a player he hasnt actually bid for at all. Probably.

Madness.
I've heard that we bid 79.5m for Ronaldo and Madrid would have accepted if we had paid just 500k more, but Woodward was just too stubborn and we walked away.

Can we get some righteous anger going over this as well?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I doubt it's even remotely true... just doesn't seem like the amount we'd bid for this sort of player.

It'd be good if he were on a radar at the very least though - as it means we'd actually be looking in Europe for decent midfielders. The fact that Andrea Poli went to Milan for 3m Euros this summer means there are talented midfielders/players out there for good prices, it's just a case of finding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.