Ander Herrera is the most complete midfielder in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Anyone else agree?

Dribbling, passing, touch, tackling, interceptions, energy, goals and a big game mentality. He lacks the passing range of Toure, Fabregas, Cazorla and co. but beyond that I don't think there's any real flaw in his game, and his defensive play is much better than anyone who possesses a similar array of attacking qualities.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Quite easily IMO. Wouldn't change him for any other midfielder in the league.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah. I think he needs to increase his long range passing, and he'd basically be adept in every facet of the game. 60 metre man. :drool:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Just absolutely loved this. Bossing Arsenal's midfield today.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
He has had a really good half

I think next season if he continues to improve many will agree with this

RedRevongge

Most complete would make him the best right? I'm not sure about that at all. Certainly very good and possibly in the top 10 in the league in my opinion

Ryan7

Love him. His hunger and desire is fantastic to see. He's always buzzing around.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Yep. Brilliant little player.

We haven't had a midfielder like him since Scholes' prime.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
7.5-8/10 in everything.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Taking the mickey out of Arsenal. Brilliant to watch, great goal. Not sure what Arsenal are doing though. Seriously what the feck are they doing?

Deleted member 78215

Most complete would make him the best right? I'm not sure about that at all. Certainly very good and possibly in the top 10 in the league in my opinion
Possibly?! Name me 3 better CMs. And Matic is a CDM.

thejtrain

It's almost as if he recruited the 3 of them to make it look like a world class move :)

A gem really!

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Anyone else agree?

Dribbling, passing, touch, tackling, interceptions, energy, goals and a big game mentality. He lacks the passing range of Toure, Fabregas, Cazorla and co. but beyond that I don't think there's any real flaw in his game, and his defensive play is much better than anyone who possesses a similar array of attacking qualities.
He's certainly got the fight in him that Kagawa never had. But describing him as the "most complete" is a bit weird. You've already pointed out his weakness. He's very much an attacking midfielder, or maybe 10, who can tackle a bit.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Absolutely agree, there aren't many midfielders that have such a rounded game in world football.

the hea

Fantastic player and if we can find someone of similar quality to play next to him our midfield will be up there with the best

Shark

@NotShark
He's fantastic, but needs to be more influential in the games we need to break down a defence. When he has the space to do this thing though, he's magical.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Interesting player as he has an unusual mix of qualities.

I think he's the closest thing we've had to a young Roy Keane since Keane left. Passing ability, defensive work rate, strong mentality, excellent shooting technique, mobility, proper box to box player etc.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Definitely. Fabregas is the best playmaker, but in terms of box to box midfielders, he's head and shoulders above the rest IMO. One of the best around as well, not quite Vidal level but he's class.

Castia

Brilliant little player, he's been great since day 1.

kps88

He's fantastic, but needs to be more influential in the games we need to break down a defence. When he has the space to do this thing though, he's magical.
Yeah that's where his limited passing range holds him back.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I don't think it necessarily means he's the best.

His skill sets are solid 8s. While some players might do certain things that bit better, Ander can do them at an acceptable level without sacrificing other useful qualities a centre midfielder must have.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
I love the idea of building a team around Herrera and Mata.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It would be interesting to see how he performs in the "10" role if we were to get another box to box mid. Or we'd probably play 1 holding and 2 box to box CM's?

On topic, he definitely is. He's such an intelligent player. Very similar to scholes in how quick they think & use the ball.

RedRevongge

Possibly?! Name me 3 better CMs. And Matic is a CDM.
I'd include Matic, Fabregas, Toure, Ramsay, Carrick off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others too. Like I say....it's difficult to say for sure but he is playing really well I agree. Could easily become one of the best in the near future.

By top 10 I mean he could easily be sixth or seventh....I'm terrible when trying to rank players

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
I love the way he slides and within a millisecond gets back on his feet. He done it today and many times this season. Any GIFs?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Top 10 overall players or midfielders? Because you could say possibly top 10 overall players, he's definitely one of the top 3 just midfielders though, only behind Fabregas and Matic overall IMO (though he's got a bit of everything unlike them)

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
It's an interesting one. I wouldn't describe his as totally complete, but then very few midfielders are or need to be, and I can't think of any others in the league that are moreso than Herrera.

I think he has everything required to be a great #8, which is exactly what we need him to be. I don't think he is as good as a #6 or #10 however.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not really, it just makes him maybe the best all rounder. The likes of Matic and Cesc are better than him but less well rounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.