Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Funny how there is no mention of a potential Herrera move from anyone at PSG or in the French sporting press. Looks like his agent is doing a good job of winding up the media to get his client a better deal.
What are you talking about? French press were the guys who broke this and the usual people dismissed it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Anywayz... so much for loving United. Bye now. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Glad he’s ‘injured’.

deadrevelz

I can't help but feel like PSG are doing it to spite us for knocking them out the champions league.
Either that or they want to start bringing in players with a better mentality, which is Herreras strongest asset really.
Oh I'm sure the PSG loss has factored into this. There were no rumours at all before then was there? Certainly the timing of this shows their intent. A truly despicable and worthless club PSG... :lol:

0le

He isn't a world class midfielder, but he is our second best mdifielder behind Pogba, so it is a loss. Hopefully we have someone lined up to replace him.

Canagel

Damn, one of our most reliable and productive players if rumors are true. Huge loss for United and leaves us in a difficult situation to find a replacement. N’Dombele, Rabiot, are a few names that has been mentioned and they would be great addition to our team if they don’t struggle to adapt to the premier league.

I wonder though, whether we can go a bit offensive in his replacement and get a more attack minded midfielder rather than a box to box. Eriksen would be a great addition, but I can’t see him leaving Spurs for United unless we offer a ridiculous amount of wage or gotten Pochettino.
Adapting to the Prem isn't the problem. The most important is the system and buy players which suits our style. Ole wants to play dynamic and quick attacking football so we need midfielders with skill and good passing . In the past we bought players without plan on how they will be integrated into our squad and tactical plan.

IrishRedDevil

Why shouldn't he want money in his last big contract? No problem with it. He has his family and himself to think about first. They are his priority.
£180k per week offer from United was more than enough. If he loves United as much as he said he does, he wouldn’t be leaving for another £20k per week. Talk is cheap.

Shark

@NotShark
Forces our hand to invest in the midfield, so while we lose depth and a valuable squad player we now have to find a good midfielder to fill the hole.
It’s quite sad that we need Herrera to leave to invest in a good midfielder, we needed one anyway, they’re all dross bar Pogba.

El Zoido

He’s on £80k with Utd, how can anybody blame him for taking a £120k pay rise? If we’d offered him £200k contract people here would be losing their shit.

So you just expect him to stay out of love for the club?

The guy has always given 100% for the shirt, he’s no prima donna. Fair play to the guy for getting a massive salary increase and thanks for the effort during some of our worst years in decades.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
People slating Herrera....the club dropped the ball here ffs. He should have been tied down so this situation couldn’t arise.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Oh I'm sure the PSG loss has factored into this. There were no rumours at all before then was there? Certainly the timing of this shows their intent. A truly despicable and worthless club PSG... :lol:
Pretty much yeah, it seems weird that a player like Herrera would want to go to a club like that. For the wages being suggested though he'd be silly not to go, he'll make a killing from them.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
No hard feelings from me, it's a great deal for him. I also don't rate him nearly as highly as others do and think we can do a lot better.
Probably, but it will cost us as I suspect they weren't expecting him to go. So somewhere else might not be or on the cheap e.g. CB.

0le

If this is the start of us regaining control of our wage structure then I am all for the sale. We will lose good players in the short term, but in the long term it is a much better strategy.

RedDevil5

He's good, but if he doesn't want to be here he can go off. Just like Pogba and Lukaku hopefully if they truly are looking around.

We will need to upgrade big time this summer at many positions.

I thought he was going because PSG were offering him a longer contract?? Disappointing he's gone for money.

Zoo

A sellout and disrespectful to do an interview the day before a huge game. I hope he’s not selected tonight.

There would have been lucrative offers beyond his next contract in China or wherever.

Roboc7

Why shouldn't he want money in his last big contract? No problem with it. He has his family and himself to think about first. They are his priority.
Probably has an ambition to win something of notes as well which isn’t happening here anytime soon.

Turning Utd round is 2-3 year job at least, i wouldn’t blame anyone for looking elsewhere. More will choose to leave whether club wants them to or not, others will be offloaded by choice but this squad will be purged over next 2-3 seasons.

Dec9003

You're not selling him.
He's going for free, but that's besides 0le's point. We need to sort out our wage structure, we have too many overpayed, overplayed players.
Herrera isn't the latter, because he's really good, but we couldn't afford to pay him what he was asking really.

Zoo

He’s on £80k with Utd, how can anybody blame him for taking a £120k pay rise? If we’d offered him £200k contract people here would be losing their shit.

So you just expect him to stay out of love for the club?

The guy has always given 100% for the shirt, he’s no prima donna. Fair play to the guy for getting a massive salary increase and thanks for the effort during some of our worst years in decades.
Why is he even demanding that much? That’s over double his current salary. United would have rewarded him well enough but this is just greed.

DomesticTadpole

A sellout and disrespectful to do an interview the day before a huge game. I hope he’s not selected tonight.

There would have been lucrative offers beyond his next contract in China or wherever.
Who said he did the interview yesterday. It isn't his fault if they decided to release it then.

DomesticTadpole

Why is he even demanding that much? That’s over double his current salary. United would have rewarded him well enough but this is just greed.
I presume he has been offered that. Then went back to United and they wouldn't up their offer.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
No hard feelings, as much as I’d have liked him to stay. He’s not world class but he’s always been one of those pros who would try and do any job given to him with a 100% commitment.

He’s definitely replaceable - so I just hope we replace him well, otherwise it will turn out to be a big loss for us.

Can’t really blame him for accepting the highest wage & a chance to win some trophies - even compete in Europe, & play with some other stars. This is in all likelihood his last big contract.

Those slating him for his “lack of love or loyalty” - get the feck out of here :lol:. Us fans are the most disloyal twats out there.

Dec9003

I don't see how anyone can slate him really.
If PSG are willing to offer him much more than us, then it makes sense to go and get as much money as he can.
Football is a short career.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I don't see how anyone can slate him really.
If PSG are willing to offer him much more than us, then it makes sense to go and get as much money as he can.
Football is a short career.
Yep. We want loyalty from players but the moment a player underperforms or he’s “past it”, we have fans here who’d drive them to the airport themselves :lol:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Longer contract - Check
Higher salary - Check
Better City - Check
Better chance for trophy - Check

I see no reason for him not to join PSG. To replace a player like his quality you need at least 50M+ in today's market though.

Water Melon

Losing Ander is a blow. Unfortunately, we will miss him next season. Matic will be a year older and even more slow, Fred is still erratic, McT is yet to mature. The worst of this all is that we will buy one midfielder at most. Do we have anyone teething in reserves?

Losing Ander is a blow. Unfortunately, we will miss him next season. Matic will be a year older and even more slow, Fred is still erratic, McT is yet to mature. The worst of this all is that we will buy one midfielder at most. Do we have anyone teething in reserves?
Only Garner I think

Wayne's World

BBC reporting it means it's done.

I liked Herrera but he's definitely a player we could upgrade on. Upto the board now to put their money where their mouths is and get us another midfielder along with the one we needed in the first place.

Dec9003

Yep. We want loyalty from players but the moment a player underperforms or he’s “past it”, we have fans here who’d drive them to the airport themselves :lol:
Exactly, posters on here would bend over backwards for players who couldn't care less, yet have the cheek to slate a player who had given his all for us for years.
He's completing his contract, he has no obligation to sign a worse one with us if a team is willing to offer him mega bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.