Ander Herrera to PSG? | Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Losing Ander is a blow. Unfortunately, we will miss him next season. Matic will be a year older and even more slow, Fred is still erratic, McT is yet to mature. The worst of this all is that we will buy one midfielder at most. Do we have anyone teething in reserves?
Something was posted either on here or M.E.N. that they would also let Matic go if they got Declan Rice. Matic might not be great, but we are losing a hell of a lot of experience in that midfield.

ash_86

One of the players we can never hate. Loved the club to bits. Let's get it straight, he's replaceable.

lsd

The Oracle
No hard feelings from me, it's a great deal for him. I also don't rate him nearly as highly as others do and think we can do a lot better.

Yeah that's how I feel . I don't hate him for leaving he has got a good deal fair play to him .

However he is just so overrated on here and we need someone a lot better to get to the next level

Something was posted either on here or M.E.N. that they would also let Matic go if they got Declan Rice. Matic might not be great, but we are losing a hell of a lot of experience in that midfield.
Matic doesn't play like he has experience tbh constantly loses the ball etc the same goes for Young as well.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I said afew weeks a go it was obvious he was in talks with PSG after RMC reported a agreement was close.

This departure might even be a blessing in disguise, depending on who we bring in to replace him.

SirAF

Ageist
Can’t blame him for going for one last big contract at his age. Hopefully the recruitment in the summer will be up to scratch..

frookydinho

Always gave 100%. Showed passion for the club and bought himself closer to the fans. But we need to upgrade, wish Ander the best of luck he deserves it. A few more MOTM never say die performances before you go please Ander, we are going to need it in this run in

DomesticTadpole

I said afew weeks a go it was obvious he was in talks with PSG after RMC reported a agreement was close.

This departure might even be a blessing in disguise, depending on who we bring in to replace him.
That's the point, it could be beneficial or they might mess it up again.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
You read that today?

SapperBRed75

Why is he even demanding that much? That’s over double his current salary. United would have rewarded him well enough but this is just greed.
He's put in some great performances for us, he's shown a tremendous amount of heart and not a small amount of leadership during a period we've been sorely lacking both. I really hoped he'd stay, but we shouldn't expect him to out of altruism, if there is significantly better money and potential to win things on the table. He can look across the dressing room at players clearing 3 or 4 times his weekly wages who haven't contributed anything meaningful on the pitch for us. We had an opportunity to retain him - we didn't take it. It's nothing to do with loyalty. Good luck to him.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Exactly, posters on here would bend over backwards for players who couldn't care less, yet have the cheek to slate a player who had given his all for us for years.
He's completing his contract, he has no obligation to sign a worse one with us if a team is willing to offer him mega bucks.
Spot on

Rooney1987

Who said he did the interview yesterday. It isn't his fault if they decided to release it then.
Isn’t it though? Ander signed a the contract whenever they release it, still his fault. He could have either waited to sign it or at least asked to keep it quiet as part of his deal. Maybe he tried both, guess we’ll find out.

Don’t begrudge him, at 30 wages almost tripled who wouldn’t do that. I think it’s more the fact it’s PSG just feels dirty to some.

deadrevelz

Pretty much yeah, it seems weird that a player like Herrera would want to go to a club like that. For the wages being suggested though he'd be silly not to go, he'll make a killing from them.
Yeah I don't blame Herrera for this. He has shown more passion for the club than almost any player since SAF retired. He doesn't owe us anything and he's not even home grown or a United fan. No hard feelings to Ander, just gutted it's come to this.

0le

I'm not convinced experience means as much as it used to, because our team is full of OAP's and is still rubbish. I think quality always trumps experience. We've also got plenty of older players around the team (general issues) as well as Carrick as a coach (for midfield issues), so it won't be an issue for us.

DomesticTadpole

You read that today?
Yes, but I have skipping between that many things I cannot remember where. I just worry the overhaul might be too much. If we get two midfielders, will we get that RW, or will it be Mata and Lingard. Dalot pushed up with Young still stinking out the RB position. Are we going to get that CB? Ole future is going to depend on what we do this summer and I just hope they don't let him down.

DomesticTadpole

I'm not convinced experience means as much as it used to, because our team is full of OAP's and is still rubbish. I think quality always trumps experience. We've also got plenty of older players around the team (general issues) as well as Carrick as a coach (for midfield issues), so it won't be an issue for us.
Just think we could do better than Declan Rice or have we been sucked in by the hype?

DomesticTadpole

Isn’t it though? Ander signed a the contract whenever they release it, still his fault. He could have either waited to sign it or at least asked to keep it quiet as part of his deal. Maybe he tried both, guess we’ll find out.

Don’t begrudge him, at 30 wages almost tripled who wouldn’t do that. I think it’s more the fact it’s PSG just feels dirty to some.
That's the only problem I have, that it is PSG. Until we played them it wouldn't have been, but their behaviour has been despicable. I would have been happier if he had gone back to Bilbao. I might get my wish in a years time.

Ban

Nice of the board to be cheap, I beat they'll save money on buying another mid instead of him..
Will be sad to see him go, total blunder by the club. Now watch us renew Matas contract.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Longer contract - Check
Higher salary - Check
Better City - Check
Better chance for trophy - Check

I see no reason for him not to join PSG. To replace a player like his quality you need at least 50M+ in today's market though.
Better city? Paris is a dump and is on fire most weekends these days.

deadrevelz

That's the point, it could be beneficial or they might mess it up again.
It's in no way beneficial. Not having a go at you but I'm really fecking sick of this being repeated on here. We need to replace our crap players, not the ones who perform for us. We've already sold Fellaini, now we've lost Herrera. Mata may (should) leave, Pereira is crap, Matic old and crap. Fred is pointless. Not going to buy that many new players.

Anyone who thinks we will 'replace' Herrera is deluded. We are simply one midfielder down.

crossy1686

career ending
Ah well, feck him then. Can't blame him but he could have been a big part of Solskjær's revolution. At least we have to sign a new midfielder in the summer now, so there's a bonus.

I'm all for ripping the squad apart and starting again, some of these players have failed under 2+ managers now, time to get shut.

Ban

Ah well, feck him then. Can't blame him but he could have been a big part of Solskjær's revolution. At least we have to sign a new midfielder in the summer now, so there's a bonus.

I'm all for ripping the squad apart and starting again, some of these players have failed under 2+ managers now, time to get shut.
Now we need 2 mids instead of one.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Meh, i've always maintained that we'd never challenge for serious titles with Herrera and Mata as first team players.

Can't blame the player either and good business by PSG, replacing Rabiot with an experienced player for free.

From Utds perspective, there's no way we should be losing a 29 year old first team player for nothing!

Negotiate extensions once a player has 2 years left. If its not sorted within a year get rid, regardless of who it is.

crossy1686

career ending
Nice of the board to be cheap, I beat they'll save money on buying another mid instead of him..
Will be sad to see him go, total blunder by the club. Now watch us renew Matas contract.
He's not worth the contract he's getting at PSG and we definitely don't need to tie down more players to long term expensive contracts when they're approaching 30.

DomesticTadpole

It's in no way beneficial. Not having a go at you but I'm really fecking sick of this being repeated on here. We need to replace our crap players, not the ones who perform for us. We've already sold Fellaini, now we've lost Herrera. Mata may (should) leave, Pereira is crap, Matic old and crap. Fred is pointless. Not going to buy that many new players.

Anyone who thinks we will 'replace' Herrera is deluded. We are simply one midfielder down.
I am inclined to agree with your last point, they will renew Pereira who like you, I don't really rate, keep Matic and get one midfielder. I adore Herrera by the way. Mata will likely stay as he is good for the clubs image and gives away his wages and gives toys to children.

crossy1686

career ending
Now we need 2 mids instead of one.
That's absolutely fine by me. We need some better players in there anyway, we don't move the ball quick enough. Hopefully Fred and McTomminay will step up next season also with better players around them. 2 midfielders, a winger and a forward would be nice.

sugar_kane

Still surprised he’s going there, surely he’s already got enough money to give his family the best possible life and never has to work again.

I’m not shocked he’s leaving us but more shocked he’s going there

Ban

That's absolutely fine by me. We need some better players in there anyway, we don't move the ball quick enough. Hopefully Fred and McTomminay will step up next season also with better players around them. 2 midfielders, a winger and a forward would be nice.
No FBs or a CB?

I don't think we'll sign a forward if we sign a winger.

Skills

Snitch
Big work to be done this summer in the midfield then.

We needed to re-think the entire RCM-RM side of the pitch anyways, but I felt Herrera still had a role to play here instead of Matic. Ideally we would've moved Herrera into DM and got a RCM or see if Fred was good enough for it. I'm only concerned that Matic might now, get another free season in our midfield who for me is the player we need to be upgrading.

Shark

@NotShark
Fred and McTomminay should only be backup squad players next season. Matic needs more time on the bench also. Let’s being two quality CM’s in to start with Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.