Ander Herrera - When will he get a game?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He's definitely not been that bad, he had more good moments than majority of our players, but he's had same amount of bad moments too, mostly because he is too nervous to prove himself, whoch isn't surprising. I don't think Januzaj is helping him or Rooney too, he's been absolutely terrible.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It's been unfortunate.

Is he feeling the pressure or trying to hard too impress or just rusty?

For his first game was it a good idea to have him playing so deep?

If he was to make a change I would give Herrera more time in place of adnan and bring on Morgan

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Poor today but it takes time to get into match rhythm .... he's barely had any minutes.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don't think Herrera can perform that badly. People are exaggerating regarding his performance today too. It's hardly been some horror show. He's had a few careless moments/slips, is all.
He's been horrible this half, a complete one off though, players have games like this.

Sam

In fairness, he's not a deep lying midfielder in the slightest. That much is obvious.

Can't excuse the performance, though. It was horrible.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I don't think Herrera can perform that badly. People are exaggerating regarding his performance today too. It's hardly been some horror show. He's had a few careless moments/slips, is all.
He's looked completely out of his depth. Clearly not suited to that role in this team.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He's trying too hard, bless him. If we were 2 up I'd keep him on and try and build some confidence, but we're not, and I'm petrified he's going to get himself sent off. He's been throwing himself into tackles and clipping peoples heels on a booking, whilst we're relatively comfortable. Stop it man!

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Why is he playing on the left of the two when he had such good link up play with Mata on the right? I get that Carrick wants to be on his stronger side, but I hope that's taken into account when reflecting on Herrera's performance (though it has been poor, no excuses)

m1y2

both center mids have been dire, Carrick after top class 30 minutes last term really needs to impose more on the game tonight, he's like zombie nowhere need for a pass, hiding, Herrera's opposite but rather hit and miss, I think he will go down after half time, after 12 minutes he received needless yellow card it was clear..mins into game receiving yellow, it is clear that he won't finish the game..

Also Fellaini for Januzaj I expect after some time, it will allow us control the game more, Adnan's not in the game and we need someone for a long ball when we are pressed, the pitch is absolutely horrible but down to rain mostly I guess..

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Has barely played since last season, so it was expected he'd be ropey. It's a tough game, as they are pressing hard. The home game against Newcastle would have been ideal for him.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He needs to go off. Too erratic at the moment and that yellow hanging over his head is dangerous.

Sereques

Are you not a fan?

Were you not impressed by him last season? He looked like one of our most accomplished players at times
I like him but am not part of the "Vangle play him, we are shit because he benched our best player, oh my gawd Vangle is anti football" bullcrap.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Oh please, we've seen worse performances from Januzaj and Rooney already this season and they keep starting.
The difference is you can't have someone giving the ball away so cheaply in the midfield. You can tolerate more risk in the attacking third.

Herrera has a terrible habit of passing it sideways and then sprinting up the pitch, out of position.

I don't want to be too hard on Herrera as I really rate him and hope he makes it here. But he was given a big opportunity today and didn't take it. Hopefully he turns it around in the second half if he's not subbed.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Oh please, we've seen worse performances from Januzaj and Rooney already this season and they keep starting.
But when they have a mare it's merely inconvenient, rather than dangerous. He's leaving the midfield wide open, and only a heel clip away from putting us down to 10 men.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
It's very obvious he's not been getting much game time recently. Very rusty. Especially his touches.

jeff_goldblum

Really? He's done something bad almost every time he's touched the ball. If he's this bad in the second half (or if he gets hauled off) it'll be up (or perhaps, down) there with any of the performances which saw Fellaini get no end of stick. I don't really want to get into Fellaini vs Herrera mode though, I like them both too much for that.

Anyway, if he hadn't picked up that stupid booking I'd keep him on and let him try and play through it but given that he's always had a tough tackle in him I'm worried about him getting a second yellow. He could have been sent-off already when you consider his fouls + the hand-ball

SirAF

Ageist
We almost deserve this performance after crying about him starting for weeks :lol:

comlag

Desperate to impress, not playing with his head. Giving Van Gaal every opportunity not to pick him again for a while.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
But when they have a mare it's merely inconvenient, rather than dangerous. He's leaving the midfield wide open, and only a heel clip away from putting us down to 10 men.
True, not his natural game to be playing where he is. Still, people are going over the top. He probably wont play for ages however.

Unlikely lad

He's going to get sent off as well if he keeps on playing like that. He's clearly pissed and out there to impress, but it's not coming off for him and he's getting frustrated. Please take him off.

prath92

Thing is this would have been seen as a decent performance of it was not for the zidane level that people built him up with.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
The difference is you can't have someone giving the ball away so cheaply in the midfield. You can tolerate more risk in the attacking third.

Herrera has a terrible habit of passing it sideways and then sprinting up the pitch, out of position.

I don't want to be too hard on Herrera as I really rate him and hope he makes it here. But he was given a big opportunity today and didn't take it. Hopefully he turns it around in the second half if he's not subbed.
So he has 45 minutes to prove himself?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
@jeff_goldblum @Brwned yeah he's been very poor. They just showed the highlights and there were even more unnecessary turnovers than I thought.

But what's wrong with his "role" today, brwnd? Seems to be playing as the more attacking central midfielder.

kps88

Different system actually accommodates him if you play him in the trio of mata and Memphis
Think LVG wants someone there with pace who can dribble and make runs in behind to compliment Rooney. Hence why we've tried both Depay and Januzaj.

Edit: Think you might be getting your wish now.