Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Obviously - yes. But this wasn't the case, so it seems unfair to hold a hypothetical scenario against the lad. Our CM situation was remarkable for years under Fergie - but he largely got away with it. If we had struggled severely in terms of results I've no doubt that he would've focused on CM to a far greater extent. And then Ando's situation might've been very different too.
? Hold it against him? Where do I do that? I'm saying fortunately thats not the situation so its not the end of the world

Proud_Lyon

Banned Cnut
I think people are just annoyed that he didn't push on from his initial potential. A lot of it is down to his own lack of discipline when it comes to looking after his fitness.

Indeed, take the likes of Rooney who has had a few injuries, especially one just before the World Cup 2006. It is incredible that he actually tried to get better and tried his best to be match fitr as possible. The likes of Beckham, Ronaldo and Giggs are testament to the trainers and the training regime they followed and it is incredible that these same trainers couldn't get it right for Anderson. Surely the trainers would have said something to Sir Alex about lack of motivation. Whatever happens, I think that Sir Alex kept him on for too long, and now it is up to Moyes to try and sell him. This is not going to be easy because I don't think there are many clubs that will take him, since he is too injury-prone. I wish him all the best of luck should they sell, but I don't think he was ever going to be a good Manchester United player.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Some of the comments are embarrassing. While never achieving the heights we all hoped for him, and struggling for anything resembling consistency, Anderson put in enough good performances and made enough of a contribution to merit being fondly remembered here. Maybe the vitriol comes from those who only see the lost potential rather than the actual contribution. There were times last season when he came off the bench and completely changed games for us. His ability to run through tired midfields and pick a pass won a handful of points at crucial times. He often struggled to have the same impact week in, week out, and had lingering injury concerns but he was far from useless. Modern football is all about the depth of a squad and I think in that regard he has been a very useful player for a number of years. Occasionally hitting giddy heights.

Not to mention that he is just a great character. Love his cheeky spirit. If he is indeed shipped out, I hope he goes on to have a great career elsewhere. But while he remains a United player, I'll retain my faith and support in him. We don't know what Moyes' rationale is right now. Two of our standout performers pre-season, Zaha and Anderson have both hardly played. But he must have his reasons and it doesn't necessarily equate to boot out the door.

psychdelicblues

Some of the comments are embarrassing. While never achieving the heights we all hoped for him, and struggling for anything resembling consistency, Anderson put in enough good performances and made enough of a contribution to merit being fondly remembered here. Maybe the vitriol comes from those who only see the lost potential rather than the actual contribution. There were times last season when he came off the bench and completely changed games for us. His ability to run through tired midfields and pick a pass won a handful of points at crucial times. He often struggled to have the same impact week in, week out, and had lingering injury concerns but he was far from useless. Modern football is all about the depth of a squad and I think in that regard he has been a very useful player for a number of years. Occasionally hitting giddy heights.

Not to mention that he is just a great character. Love his cheeky spirit. If he is indeed shipped out, I hope he goes on to have a great career elsewhere. But while he remains a United player, I'll retain my faith and support in him. We don't know what Moyes' rationale is right now. Two of our standout performers pre-season, Zaha and Anderson have both hardly played. But he must have his reasons and it doesn't necessarily equate to boot out the door.
I suspect it's more laughter followed by indifference then vitriol.

Ekeke

Good performances? Not for an expensive player. From a local lad or someone we picked up at a bargain price, sure there were enough returns there over the years. But thats not the case is it. You have to measure him against the fact he was a big signing, not a stop gap or someone we thought was worth a punt. If we paid half as much for him the jury would still be out on whether we got value for money. Probably did for his first season when he played well for a 19 year old with the potential to develop further. But after that? No, probably not.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
? Hold it against him? Where do I do that? I'm saying fortunately thats not the situation so its not the end of the world
Fair enough - not having a go. My point is essentially that the strange case of Ando has much to do with Fergie's somewhat unusual CM policy over the years. If he had put as much emphasis on having a first rate CM (compared to other top teams) as he did on having first class personnel in other positions, he probably wouldn't have been as patient as he was with Ando.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
I think he has a chance over the next few weeks to pull things round, with Carrick injured there is a hole there to fill and I think Anderson can do it. He had a good spell last year for 5 or 6 games then injury struck a run in the side when we need him most could be the making of him. Hopefully he at least gets that chance to prove himself.
Stop kidding yourself. Hopefully the fat cnut won't ever pull a Utd shirt on again.

I'm glad that Moyes has spotted so soon what a waste of space this twat is

RedRover

Good performances? Not for an expensive player. From a local lad or someone we picked up at a bargain price, sure there were enough returns there over the years. But thats not the case is it. You have to measure him against the fact he was a big signing, not a stop gap or someone we thought was worth a punt. If we paid half as much for him the jury would still be out on whether we got value for money. Probably did for his first season when he played well for a 19 year old with the potential to develop further. But after that? No, probably not.
Indeed.

He'll be remembered as a player who didn't live up to expectation or reach the standard that what was hoped, or expected of him.

Simple as that.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We just need to get rid to be honest. As previously mentioned, it's the potential he showed combined with the injuries which have made this whole situation a disaster. He could have been a great player, but I think he needs a new focus. Maybe we could try loaning him back to Porto or a Brazilian club, but he's still made of biscuit whatever happens. Just an unfortunate case really.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
This thread is fecking hillarious. :lol:

Get rid? He's played about 5 games for us? We've put up with Anderson for 6 years. Young for 3. Stop knee jerking. I swear half of you must be regulars on that Man. United facebook page

Varun

Staff

Get rid? He's played about 5 games for us? We've put up with Anderson for 6 years. Young for 3. Stop knee jerking. I swear half of you must be regulars on that Man. United facebook page

I dont see much wrong with people wanting to get rid of the likes of Ando and young. Both arent good enough. Ando has the talent but there's only so long one can wait.

Lynk

I dont see much wrong with people wanting to get rid of the likes of Ando and young. Both arent good enough. Ando has the talent but there's only so long one can wait.
6 years? I've long said he should've been sold 2-3 years ago. Young should've been sold in the summer. However Fellaini has barely played for us. It's absolutely fecking shocking behavior from these "fans" to slate him already.

Cina

6 fecking years? I've long said he should've been sold 2-3 years ago. Young should've been sold in the summer. However Fellaini has barely played for us. It's absolutely fecking shocking behavior from these "fans". He's made 6 appearances, most of which as a sub, the lot of you (not necesserily you, Varun) are a fecking disgrace.
... what thread do you think you're in right now?

Varun

Staff
6 years? I've long said he should've been sold 2-3 years ago. Young should've been sold in the summer. However Fellaini has barely played for us. It's absolutely fecking shocking behavior from these "fans" to slate him already.

So you agree both young and ando should be off. Who's berating fellaini? Havent been following the thread but cant see anything in the recent posts.

Cina

Referencing earlier comparisons with Fellaini.
Why? When was the last time he was mentioned in here?

You didn't even mention his name in your original post, it was ridiculously confusing.

Lynk

Why? When was the last time he was mentioned in here?

You didn't even mention his name in your original post, it was ridiculously confusing.
Hmmm... I think my thread opened up on the page I last read. Been ages since I've been in here so it could be a while back.

But yeah, what about that Anderson fella eh? *quietly exits thread*

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I struggle to imagine anything I would care about less than if he left.
:D
Can't understand putting Young and Ando in the same level of uselesness. Despite his limitation, you can see the absolute determination in Young's play when on the field. He's a very good squad player that every top team would love to have. Just like Milner or Kuyt.

Rossa

Can't understand putting Young and Ando in the same level of uselesness. Despite his limitation, you can see the absolute determination in Young's play when on the field. He's a very good squad player that every top team would love to have. Just like Milner or Kuyt.

Is he though? Young hasn't even been a good squad player for quite some time. He severely limits our play as he is more or less useless in attack these days. He's good at tracking back, but gives the ball away too easily and dives in such a bad way that it makes ridiculing Suarez that much harder, which in all honesty should be the easiest of tasks.

Ando clearly has the greater talent of the two and being the optimist I am, I still hope, fingers and toes crossed, that he can still show this season that he could be a vital member of the squad. He still has a skillset unlike any of our other midfielders; he's strong, pacey, technical, a good dribbler and can really pass the ball when in form. I know that happens oh so rarely, but it does happen, and when it does it is that little bit of magic injected into our midfield so sorely missed. Unfortunately, it seems he will not reach his talent, nor will he likely be a regular for United, but I still hold my hopes somewhat high.

psychdelicblues

I think he deserves a little more respect from a lot of fans. If you don't rate him, that's fine, if you want him sold, that's fine but I don't think some people appreciate just how good a squad member he has been. Now obviously he didn't turn out the way we wanted him to. Yes, it was a lot of money (not his fault). But we as fans piled and piled the pressure on him from the beginning, wanting him to be the new Scholes and all that.

That first season, he made close to 40 appearances, playing a key role in us winning the Champions League, for a young kid to come over to a foreign country, with so much pressure on him from the price tag and the fans hopes, he was, in my opinion, fantastic in that first season. From then, yes it has been very stop start, moments of promise followed by weeks not noticing him but in terms of what he has offered the squad during his time, I think he has been a decent player. Forget about what he is on a week, that's not up to him, if you got given thousands to sit on the bench for United, would you do it? Yes, so don't blame him for that.

Now I agree, I think his time is up, when a player comes in (and only when), then it's time for him to move on but when he does, I'm not going to slate him, he has been a part of a very successful period and I don't think that should be forgotten in place of people hating him because they want the best CM's in the world.

The way we are treating current players reeks of other clubs and isn't the United way.
He was a good squad player for 1 season followed by 5 average/below average seasons. That in any context is not a good squad player considering the fee of the player, and the reputation he came with. The reason he get's slated is because of the perception that he has not helped himself regarding looking after his body as you would expect a professional footballer would do at a top club, not withstanding his woeful performances. Whatever the 'United way' is, your posts regarding Ashley Young in the Ashley Young thread confirms yourself as a complete and utter hypocrite on this issue.

Ash_G

Personally think both Ando and Young should have been moved on for their sakes as much as ours. Ando needs to take a step down and go to a club that can afford to play him to fitness cause they don't have better options. As a squad player he's not exactly great as you can't really rely on him being fit when you need him.

Young is a good squad player to have but personally as I've said before I'd rather any game time he got be used to develop the likes of zaha, januzaj, lingard etc or to give kagawa, nani, welbeck as much game time as they can get to play in to form. Again as well he could take a step down and play regularly and may well be able to stake a claim for the england squad.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Come to TFC Anderson! You can be fat and still dominate. There's loads of Brazilians and Portuegese here and the season runs through the spring and summer so you won't get cold. Do it!

Ekeke

This is exactly the right mentality for us to win the league under a new manager. We've put up with players who arent good enough for years, so why change now? Perfect

Anderson can still be a last choice squad player CM. But here's the thing - if we want to promote from our youth teams, is Anderson good enough to stand in other players way? Is he good enough to play instead of giving players chances who havent disappointed for 5 out of 6 years? And the answer is obviously no. Thats why his time should be up very shortly

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Anderson would be a crap number 10 unless it was at an extremely lower level. All this talk of how we moved him from his natural position, yet he displays very little creativity, subtly or attacking threat required to excel as a number 10.

Ekeke

Exactly. At his best Anderson's one real stand out ability at any point was playing huge long balls 40-50 yards. When he got them right they were quality. If a number 10 is doing that either the ball is off the pitch or he's too deep to be playing the number 10 role very well.

Not every player has a "natural position". If Anderson's was behind the striker he'd have done a fair bit better on the couple of occasions we've picked him there.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
He was a good squad player for 1 season followed by 5 average/below average seasons. That in any context is not a good squad player considering the fee of the player, and the reputation he came with. The reason he get's slated is because of the perception that he has not helped himself regarding looking after his body as you would expect a professional footballer would do at a top club, not withstanding his woeful performances. Whatever the 'United way' is, your posts regarding Ashley Young in the Ashley Young thread confirms yourself as a complete and utter hypocrite on this issue.
Well, it's a shame you don't understand the meaning of the word 'we'. I Included myself in the cateory that has given in to fustration and given to players unfairly. We are all fustrated with how the season has gone so far. My issue with Young though is soley based around his cheating, that is a completely different issue to an opinion on a players quality, if a player is a cheat, there is no room for him at the club in my opinion.

Kag

:D
Considering that Young has played about 3 reasonable games in 18 months, on what earth is he "a very good squad player?"

Young is unequivocally more useless than Anderson. Contrary to a fair few, Anderson has had some very good games over the same period. Many more than Young, certainly. Anderson has more talent in his little toe than that buffoon. With that said, no top team would have any of them, hence they're out on their arses in the coming months. Anderson leaves with my best wishes, however.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I think he'd have been alright in a three man midfield where you have two midfielders behind a holder.

Not quite a '10', not quite the same defensive responsibility as in a 2 man midfield.

Rossa

Exactly. At his best Anderson's one real stand out ability at any point was playing huge long balls 40-50 yards. When he got them right they were quality. If a number 10 is doing that either the ball is off the pitch or he's too deep to be playing the number 10 role very well.

Not every player has a "natural position". If Anderson's was behind the striker he'd have done a fair bit better on the couple of occasions we've picked him there.

His stand out attribute for me is his pace and dribbling through the middle where he could easily leave two and three men for dead. His long passing is quality too, but slightly erratic.

Ekeke

His stand out attribute for me is his pace and dribbling through the middle where he could easily leave two and three men for dead. His long passing is quality too, but slightly erratic.
His pace and dribbling arent even that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.