Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

He wasn't bad to be fair.

I thought Young was the worst. He saw a lot of the ball and did nothing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm usually a big fan of Anderson but he was shite today. Did nothing of note and fell over the ball a few times when he had the chance to do something. I always thought he had plenty of potential and he has very good games in him, but today he seemed like he knew his time was coming to an end here. A shame his injuries ruined what he could've been.

December_16

OK I just decided that I dont like our Lardee anymore. He's not really serious about claiming a place here. Adios amigo whenever possible.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
didn't see most of the first half so would feel wrong to comment on his overall performance, but I've been saying for quite sometime he needs to find a new club once we identify the players needed to take our CM forward. Too many are expecting to see the player we all thought he was shortly after he signed from Porto. That player is gone as far as his OT career goes and will never return unless he can rediscovers him elsewhere.

Ash_G

Poor, in fairness though it can't be easy for him not having played much at all beyond a few pre-season games and I think one sub appearance.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Played a couple of nice cross field balls, but other than that did himself no favours. Fellaini should be comfortably ahead of him in the pecking order.
This is his last season, our lack of midfield options rescued him from being sold this summer.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Poor, in fairness though it can't be easy for him not having played much at all beyond a few pre-season games and I think one sub appearance.
Needs to play week in and won't get that here so needs to move on.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Just doesn't get his game head on. He's an average player 90% of the time, and only shows what he is capable of 10% of the time.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He must be the most un-Brazilian, Brazilian man in the world.

In fact, can someone check his passport?

Ash_G

Yep, I said that at the start of the summer, if we brought in an established player and either another player or promoted someone else then Ando should move on for his own sake. At a weaker team even with his fitness issues or injuries he'd probably get back in the team sooner and it will only help his development.

dave2528

The problem is that he has far too much competition to be afforded the opportunity to stink it up on the pitch waiting to get in form. You either use the opportunity you get here to your fullest, or at lease show a glimmer of something special (which he most certainly did not today), or you sit on the bench or move along.

Being allowed to play yourself into form in this squad is a luxury very few have, and Anderson definitely hasn't earned that right in the last 6 odd years he's been with us.

Name Changed

weso26
This was his chance to put down a marker, especially with Fellaini after being brought in. He did not take it, at all. I'd be amazed if the main midfield partnership is not Carrick & Fellaini. Really poor today.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Anonymous today against a poor side. That said, he's another that's had no football.

Keep him fit and he'll come good.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Well we have no option but to keep him awhile now. He's basically a 4th choice central midfielder who will do a decent job when he plays. I'm not expecting much. Hopefully cleveley steps it up this season so that we at least have 3 good options.

Canuckred64

This is what happens when you sign a player after they break their leg. They will continue to have injury problems all the time. See Hargreaves. Yes, there are exceptions (Valencia) but typically a devastating injury like Anderson's will plague a player for a long time.

Anyway that's my take on this. Many people think he is just fat and lazy but perhaps the fitness issues all stem from niggling injuries that won't go away.
Van Nistelrooy ruptured his cruciate knee ligaments just before we bought him.

However Anderson was terrible today. looked slow and sluggish. Just didn't look the part. I cant see him getting many more chances with Felliani, Cleverly and now Fletcher back in training.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The problem is that he has far too much competition to be afforded the opportunity to stink it up on the pitch waiting to get in form. You either use the opportunity you get here to your fullest, or at lease show a glimmer of something special (which he most certainly did not today), or you sit on the bench or move along.

Being allowed to play yourself into form in this squad is a luxury very few have, and Anderson definitely hasn't earned that right in the last 6 odd years he's been with us.
Agree and like Rooney (in body shape) if he doesn't play he suffers fitness.

DevilRed

Almost a comical performance highlighted by him tripping on the ball right before he was taken off. Not sure whats wrong with him. Maybe injuries have taken their toll. He is capable of so much more yet just seems off the pace.

Silent_Running

Dr. John Hammond
He clearly had a bad game, as anyone can. Those who saw him in pre-season will attest he was one of our better performers. We all know by now what Anderson's game is about, and to be fair Palace's packing of the central zones probably frustrated him as he had little opportunity to dribble through the middle as he likes to.

He was restricted to pass and move football, which unfortunately revealed the deficiencies that still exist in his game.

I'm sure he will perform much better on average over the course of the season.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
He looked like he could not give a shit today, let the play pass him by a number of times instead of imposing himself on the game. Hope he took a long hard look at how Fellaini played.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
He wasn't as bad as people are making out at all. Wasn't great at all, but he didn't stand out as shit to me.

Rossa

You know the caf is all about being negative when summing up ando's performance is that he is slow. I mean what the f***. He had anan average performance, but the shit on here is just plain stupid. That pass to Young was sublime and should have been an assist. Give him a few more games before slating this hard - and ando slow? Seriously! !

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In the big matches it will most definitely be a Carrick-Fellaini combo, however i think Ando might now be slightly ahead of Clev as a backup.
Probably right on the first part, as you don't spend 27.5m on a player just to be a squad man.

Cleverley has started the games up until now though, and Anderson was simply starting the easiest game of this 4 games in 12 days period. Helps when he's one of the few who hasn't had an international game.

Siorac

You know the caf is all about being negative when summing up ando's performance is that he is slow. I mean what the f***. He had anan average performance, but the shit on here is just plain stupid. That pass to Young was sublime and should have been an assist. Give him a few more games before slating this hard - and ando slow? Seriously! !
He was terrible. Yes, that was one peach of a pass but that hardly excuses 60 minutes of shite.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
He wasn't as bad as people are making out at all. Wasn't great at all, but he didn't stand out as shit to me.

No mate he was terrible. One great ball but literally everything else was crap. His time with us is nearing an end I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.