Anderson Vs Lucas

Fred the bin dipper

Don't blame me mate, it's everyone else's fault.
at a novel guess, i'd suggest you Mancs back Anderson, Liverpool fans will back Lucas, and in 10 pages time we'll be talking about who is the better, Torres or Tevez, how many fans you have in Asia.

i havent seen that much of Anderson. Lucas looks quality from what i have seen of him, very solid on the ball, always seems to create space for himself, and is a good passer. but its far to early to tell

reddevilcanada

Anderson won the Golden ball at the U-17 World cup tournament, and pretty much single-handedly brought Gremio to the brazilian top division with that goal of his. Lucas was the best brazilian player prior to moving to Sousers, something Tevez achieved 2/3 times during his times with the corinthians. Both top talents with plenty of potential, but Anderson just seems to have that little magic, and what's more, we have yet to see the real anderson (his attacking qualities), so I'd say our Brazilian. But Certainly, Brazil's future midfield looks pretty good going by that potential.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Brazil's future midfield always looks pretty good, when was the last time someone like Kleberson made the team? Oh wait, they won the World Cup that time... :rolleyes:

The Hairdryer

at a novel guess, i'd suggest you Mancs back Anderson, Liverpool fans will back Lucas, and in 10 pages time we'll be talking about who is the better, Torres or Tevez, how many fans you have in Asia.

i havent seen that much of Anderson. Lucas looks quality from what i have seen of him, very solid on the ball, always seems to create space for himself, and is a good passer. but its far to early to tell
nah despite scouse myths, most United supporter here are fairly objective, they admit that Fabregas is better than Anderson, Gerrard better than Carrick and Hargreaves etc.

Can't say I've seen anything but snippets of Leiva. Anderson has made a very impressive start for a 19-year-old playing in CM, he was very good at Arsenal for about an hour.
Well I've seen them both and they are both good passers and have good techiques. Anderson looks better defending though and looks to create more when he does have the ball. Lucas looks like he just wants to keep the ball moving, although I'm pretty sure that's what Benitez wants from him..

Both need haircuts.

reddevilcanada

Pool have got two quality players in Lucas and Mascherano in the same holding-midfield role, although Mascherano is obviously a more accomplished player atm. Does make you wonder how long they'd BOTH stay there though...

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973

Not seen that much of him either...so I'll say Anderson :smirk:

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I genuinely don't know who Lucas is

Anderson looks the part though

Torres is a better player than Tevez

Davo

I'm surprised Lucas has been given a chance so early with us, he's up against the best CM in the country, although Alonso's injury has helped him. Looked the part an all.

Haven't seen much of Anderson, although I thought he looked decent midweek. Horrible little shit mind

Neither are as good as Torres mind, nor is Tevez, or anyone else really....

Veron

Varun
:lol::lol:

Anderson isn't even playing at 10% of his true potential bar alone not even in his natural position and he's already made it his.

Lucas too seems composed and assured but i doubt he has the dribbling abilities of Anderson.

Time will tell.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Torres

By a feckin mile
Torres is a better player than Tevez
Yeah, and Ferdinand is a better player than Gerrard :rolleyes:

I guess the whole concept of a "sensible footy forum" is dead in the water if people are gonna insist on making comparisons between players who play in different positions and have totally different qualities.

If people really want to compare players from Liverpool and United - as well as Leiva vs Anderson - here's a "sensible" template:

Torres vs Rooney
Tevez vs Voronin/Kuyt
Crouch vs Saha
Gerrard vs Scholes
Ronaldo vs Pennant :smirk:
Babel vs Nani
Hargreaves vs Mascherano
Carrick vs Alonso
Carragher vs Vidic
Ferdinand vs Agger
etc. etc.

Alternatively, carry on with the spastic, caftard willy-waving which once ended up wth Titus Bramble being compared to Zinedine Zidane.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Actually it should probably be Torres vs Saha, rather than Rooney.

Oh, and the answer is Lucas.
Last season, yes.

But Saha is being played as an impact substitute this season (like Crouch) and Rooney is playing in the role that Saha played for most of last season.

And the answer is "far too early to tell but both look very promising"

Alex

Anderson was the superior player when both were @ Gremio, and I have to believe that has continued, not saying Leiva is a bad player, I just havent seen as much from him as Anderson this year

ih8cheatskiscum

I'm surprised Lucas has been given a chance so early with us, he's up against the best CM in the country, although Alonso's injury has helped him. Looked the part an all.

Haven't seen much of Anderson, although I thought he looked decent midweek. Horrible little shit mind

Neither are as good as Torres mind, nor is Tevez, or anyone else really....
Have United signed someone called Lucas?

VP

I'd say Anderson mainly because I've seen him play. Lucas has started only 3-4 games hasn't he?

LizardKing

First Team Regular
I'm the crawling king snake and I rule my den.
After a bit of research, Lucas is 20 years old and moved to Liverpool for about 8 million euros (about £6mill?) His professional career at gremio apparently started in 2005 and played 38 games (according to wiki).

Anderson is a year younger and he also began his professional career at gremio in 2005 where he apparently only played 5 games (according to wiki) before securing a move to Porto. After 2 seasons at Porto (he missed about 8 months with a broken leg though) he was bought by us for £17 million after being touted the best talent in the world.

Anderson certainly sounds the better talent from what I just wrote and the fact that I've seen him play a few times and he's fecking brilliant but I can't say I've seen Lucas play, never even heard of him until now.

Feck it, Anderson is the superior player. Just like Tevez is the superior player to Torres :smirk:

Davo

Yeah, and Ferdinand is a better player than Gerrard :rolleyes:

I guess the whole concept of a "sensible footy forum" is dead in the water if people are gonna insist on making comparisons between players who play in different positions and have totally different qualities.

If people really want to compare players from Liverpool and United - as well as Leiva vs Anderson - here's a "sensible" template:

Torres vs Rooney
Tevez vs Voronin/Kuyt
Crouch vs Saha
Gerrard vs Scholes
Ronaldo vs Pennant :smirk:
Babel vs Nani
Hargreaves vs Mascherano
Carrick vs Alonso
Carragher vs Vidic
Ferdinand vs Agger
etc. etc.

Alternatively, carry on with the spastic, caftard willy-waving which once ended up wth Titus Bramble being compared to Zinedine Zidane.
Torres is better than Tevez though....most of your own fans would agree

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Well i think its fair to say that Anderson has had alot more playing time and he has shown his quality. I havent seen much of Lucas tbh but ive heard good things about him from his time at Gremio.

Davo

You're dreaming with that "most".

Anyone who thinks Torres and Tevez are directly comparable is a spastic. Some United fans are spastics. But not most.
I'm not, not all will admit it but given the high amount of those that do it's fairly obvious. Of course they're comparable, they're both strikers....they don't have to play in exactly the same manner to judge their quality

Mind you, you reckon Saha's as good as Torres....so there's not much hope for you on this.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I'm not, not all will admit it but given the high amount of those that do it's fairly obvious. Of course they're comparable, they're both strikers....they don't have to play in exactly the same manner to judge their quality

Mind you, you reckon Saha's as good as Torres....so there's not much hope for you on this.
:lol:

This from the bloke who was touting Dirk "Shuyt" Kuyt as the best striker in the Premier League, approximately this time last season!

Davo

This from the bloke who was touting Dirk "Shuyt" Kuyt as the the best striker in the Premier League, approximately this time last season!

I didn't, that was a joke that you didn't get.

Whereas you actually think that Saha's as good as Torres and that you can't compare Torres and Tevez. You can, and Torres is better

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Haven't seen Lucas play yet, he's therefore crap

Pogue, why can't you 'directly compare' Tevez and Torres?

Last season the Rubberman claimed something similar... but even he acknowledged that you can compare two players when they play in the same position

VP

I didn't, that was a joke that you didn't get.

Whereas you actually think that Saha's as good as Torres and that you can't compare Torres and Tevez. You can, and Torres is better
That may have been a joke.

But you did say Sissoko was better than Carrick. :lol:

Davo

That may have been a joke.

But you did say Sissoko was better than Carrick. :lol:
He is when he's on form. The problem with Sissoko is that when he's bad he's very bad.....Carrick doesn't have such lows, but also doesn't have such dominating performances that Sissoko is capable of.....he's just averagely bland

Whereas Torres is simply better that Tevez