Anderson Vs Lucas

Wittmann45

Let's wait and see Anderson consistently perform for half a season before we make the comparison.

Have to say though if he keeps this up there really is no contest.
You're right

I think he has been in this type of form before, but he has been unable to maintain it.

But, at least his stamina has increased to a point where he can actually finish games now

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
:lol: Good old M'n'M....

Haha, if you say so.
If you honestly believe Lucas is a better player you have serious dillusions.

Honestly.
If you honestly believe Anderson is a better player you have serious dillusions (sic)

Honestly
I'm not even getting into a daft arguement. It's as clear as day and will only be made clearer in the future.

If you're happy in your own little World believing such obvious untruths though then so be it. Whatever keeps Merseyside ticking I guess...

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
There's always the possibility that Anderson is only being picked because Fergie is a Man United fan.

I think M'n'M, the wise sage, raised the point that only Man United fans rate Anderson. When it was put to him that Fergie must rate him as well if he keeps picking him in his teams, M'n'M said that Fergie was a Man United fan too.

Can't argue with that level of genius and logic.

fadas

Mediocre footballer indeed.

He has had long stretches of mediocrity in his time with United.

He's looking a lot better at the start of this season.

Maybe if he stays off the pies and the bunga bunga parties all season, we'll all be happy.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's had long stretches of delivering below his level, often following injury. Don't blame Anderson for you lacking foresight or patience.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I am proud that my slagging off of Anderson appears to have resulted in his performance levels increasing by about 400% thus far.

Thankfully, I also derided Ashley Young's signing as a being a bit "meh" & thought Jones was a bit of a big lump & only hyped cos he was English.

I know my shit. I should apply to sit beside that Northie cnut on MOTD2.
So you're the one who's mainly responsible for his great form ...

fadas

He's had long stretches of delivering below his level, often following injury. Don't blame Anderson for you lacking foresight or patience.

I'm sure what a pair of numpties like me and you on the internet think of a footballer has absolutely no import whatsoever in the grand scheme of things.

I always stood up for Fletcher when loads of people thought he was shite. Some people probably still do. That's football and opinions.

If Anderson returns to his previous standards in the next few months.... if not, then happy days.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I'm sure what a pair of numpties like me and you on the internet think of a footballer has absolutely no import whatsoever in the grand scheme of things.

I always stood up for Fletcher when loads of people thought he was shite. Some people probably still do. That's football and opinions.

If Anderson returns to his previous standards in the next few months.... if not, then happy days.
Then you'll instantly forget how good he can be and decide he's a mediocre footballer again? Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people joined you in doing that! I'm sure he will have a drop in form for a few games and all, just because he's maturing doesn't mean it'll be a smooth maturation. Even Nani after he turned the corner still had a regression for a few games, it'll happen. Of course, it means nothing in the grand scheme of things...it's just nice to see a bit of faith in our promising players even when they're going through the bad moments, rather than supporting them when they're flying and kicking them when they're down.

fadas

If Anderson played for Liverpool for the past 3 or 4 years & B9 or one of them came on chatting like several in this thread, we'd be laughing our heads off.

Mediocre may be too strong a term, granted, but he hasn't looked United quality in many instances, and that's not just cos he's been injured a lot.

I always liked him as a character and always hope he does well... but he needs to start doing it consistently for the money he's on and a place in the team. Let's hope he does it. I would gladly eat my words and a big side of humble pie.

johnmufc

Anderson has impressed me, I am not afraid to admit this. However, he still does not look to be in optimal physical condition, this is a concern.

championo

Top Stalker
if anderson played for liverpool for the past 3 or 4 years & b9 or one of them came on chatting like several in this thread, we'd be laughing our heads off.

Mediocre may be too strong a term, granted, but he hasn't looked united quality in many instances, and that's not just cos he's been injured a lot.

I always liked him as a character and always hope he does well... But he needs to start doing it consistently for the money he's on and a place in the team. Let's hope he does it. I would gladly eat my words and a big side of humble pie.
anderson has impressed me, i am not afraid to admit this. However, he still does not look to be in optimal physical condition, this is a concern.
wtf? Tf? Smdfh!
to fadas: What exactly is United quality? Funny how people forget who we really are.

to John: Did you see the last game? Go check from 85th min mark and see some of the runs he was still making in the game. I really don't see any concern here.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
His shooting was surprisingly poor for someone who can make the long passes he's capable of. Though of course he's had problems ballooning a few of those into the stands each game in previous seasons. This might have put some people off.

But he's shown his quality more than enough times during that time as well. Like Welbeck, they have the talent, consistency is what's left between them and becoming top class.

Creative midfield is so demanding, I'm not surprised its taken him this long to play at this level, it's a really high level. I honestly don't think Pastore or Hazard or any of the young talents out there could come in and play any better in our offense. Thanks to his apprenticeship, our quick, incisive football is second nature to him.