Anderson Vs Lucas

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
The disgraced Brazil manager whose team just flopped at the Copa America? :lol:

Nice advocate, you bellend.

Sad that this is what you're reduced to redman5. #19 has really taken its toll.
Number 19 has always been coming matey. I've become somewhat immune to United's successes over the years. I wouldn't have survived for so long on here if it bothered me that much.........You, on the other hand, seem to be intent on pissing against the wind with this Lucas v Anderson debate.

Let it go. You'll feel so much better in the morning.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Erm, Anderson played and starred in plenty of games?

Deluded u are. :houllier:
So there I was googling. Is it correct he played in (not sure how many he started) 18 prem league games? While having competition in centre mid from the likes of Gibson, legless Scholes and Bebe?

Is that 'plenty'?

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Lucas is similar to Fletcher (whom I rate), could become a better player, though perhaps Fletcher could/should have become a better player than what he is as well.

Anderson could be better than both, has a bigger mountain to climb before he is though.
Maybe, though I don't think he's even that close to matching the player Fletcher was in 08-09 when he was putting in brilliant performances against all sorts of teams consistently. It was devastating when he couldn't play against Barcelona. I remember vividly how massive a loss that felt at the time.

I'm always right

So there I was googling. Is it correct he played in (not sure how many he started) 18 prem league games? While having competition in centre mid from the likes of Gibson, legless Scholes and Bebe?

Is that 'plenty'?
Well it's half aint it :lol:

So yeah, Plenty, you scousers struggle with English I know. Since when was 18 not plenty?

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
The fact that Fergie hasn't got rid tells you that he believes the lad will come good. So the odds are he probably will. But there are no guarantees in football. & I reckon Kenny wouldn't swap our Brazilian for yours.
I actually reckon he would.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker

Is that 'plenty'?
What are you on about? Bebe?

Anderson was injured for a good portion of last season. He also had Carrick and Giggs to compete with. Scholes was magnificent at the start of the season.

18 performances is good considering.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict

Is that 'plenty'?
He was injured.

And it was 19 games he played. Nice number isn't it?

Only 3 less than Scholes, and 6 less than Giggs.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Number 19 has always been coming matey. I've become somewhat immune to United's successes over the years. I wouldn't have survived for so long on here if it bothered me that much.........You, on the other hand, seem to be intent on pissing against the wind with this Lucas v Anderson debate.

Let it go. You'll feel so much better in the morning.
As I touched on before, pissing in the wind would be trying to compare Anderson favourably to a real top level midfielder, who plays for a top CL club.

Not a water carrier who struggles in the Europa League. That's like pissing with a gale force wind behind me. :D

I'm always right

I've just rang him. After he stopped laughing, he said, "get to feck".
No doubt, hence why you will continue to win feck all under his reign.

Andy Carroll though, now there's a player worth spunking money on?

I wonder if Kenny would've swapped Lucas for Carroll? probably. :lol:

I'm always right

pissing against the wind with this Lucas v Anderson debate.

So now Lucas isn't just "better", he's that much better that it's "pissing against the wind" to disagree... :lol::lol:

The delusion of you feckers never ceases to amuse me.

Just because he was the best of an extremely shite bunch last season means feck all, he's Lucas, he's the definition of average.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
fecking hell. I didn't think anyone really believed Lucas is better than Anderson. Lucas is a decent player for a completely average side, while Anderson has, at times, been immense for the second best team in the world. Not really an argument.

Lucas might be more consistent at the moment, but if Anderson stays injury free and gets a run of games, he'll piss all over Lucas. As far as talent goes it's not really even close.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
So now Lucas isn't just "better", he's that much better that it's "pissing against the wind" to disagree... :lol::lol:

The delusion of you feckers never ceases to amuse me.

Just because he was the best of an extremely shite bunch last season means feck all, he's Lucas, he's the definition of average.
Would you consider Fletcher average?

I'm always right

Would you consider Fletcher average?
In most games yes I would. Over Fletch's United career he's been generally average and has peaked in big games. He had had just one season where he was an excellent midfielder, truly brilliant, and that season he was much much better than Lucas was last year. Lucas last year was Darren Fletcher from other years, average vs. the West Brom's and West Ham's but excellent in a couple of big games.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Not really an argument... just fecking bollocks.

Stop throwing a tantrum. Anderson has been immense for us at times, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. No one is saying he's our best player or most important. But he's had some fantastic performances and shown that if he becomes consistent, he'll be a fantastic player.

Secondly, we are the second best team in the world. If you want to argue Madrid are better then go ahead, but that's just being a bit of a pedantic cnut, isn't it?

So, as has been pointed out, none of it is bollocks. Lack of trophys must be frying your brain.

Nanderson

I ♥ Neymar
Immense is what Roy Keane was - puny by comparison and ridiculously overrated is what Anderson is.

Ah, so you're nitpicking over the choice of word. That makes your argument much better. Either way, Anderson has been, at times, excellent for us. As I've said.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Lucas is a good player and has come on a lot over the past couple of years. He is good at what he is. But limited.

Anderson for me it’s obvious, he can be as good as he wants to be. He can become a complete midfielder.

At this moment of time though Lucas is ahead, he has established himself a certain amount. Anderson has been too inconsistent and also has had far fewer chances to establish even when fit.

But when we have seen Anderson at his best over the past few seasons he is comfortably better than Lucas at his best.

buckooo1978

Lucas is a good player and has come on a lot over the past couple of years. He is good at what he is. But limited.

Anderson for me it’s obvious, he can be as good as he wants to be. He can become a complete midfielder.

At this moment of time though Lucas is ahead, he has established himself a certain amount. Anderson has been too inconsistent and also has had far fewer chances to establish even when fit.

But when we have seen Anderson at his best over the past few seasons he is comfortably better than Lucas at his best.
spot on - end of debate

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Based on his obvious talent.

I am glad we have Anderson. Sir Alex is probably too, and I doubt he would swap him for Lucas.
I asked earlier, and it doesn't seem like anybody would... bar the oppo fans on here, and in fairness they may just be talking out of their arse as per usual...

Sam

Anderson has a far far higher ceiling then Lucas. But at the moment he lacks the consistency. Therefore Lucas atm is clearly the 'safer' option. He'll pretty much guarentee doing his job, a solid 6/10 every game player if ever I saw one. Will Anderson find that consistency needed to become a top top player? Who knows...but one thing is for sure, if there is one manager out there that can get the best out of him, it's Sir Alex.

So you can take your Lucas and his consistently average to decent 6/10 performances for a mid table side, and we'll take a chance on our Anderson who has the potential of consistently fantastic 8/10 performances for a Championship winning side. And, sadly, I think thats what seperates United from a lot of teams. We'd rather take the risk with a player that has the potential to be brilliant, rather then settle for the 'safe' option. It's all about risk and reward. And we all know Fergie loves a gamble.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Anderson has the potential to dominate midfields and dictate play due to his ability on the ball, drive, and phsyical presence.

Lucas has shown more consistancy than our brazilian magician, and is a good player at what he does. He is limited though, and his passing will never be great even though he's improved a lot since his early days. Does an important job for Liverpool, and shouldn't be dismissed. But I feel Anderson will go on to become a far better and more influential player if he can catch a lucky break with regards to injuries and staying fit over this next few seasons. He's been immense in pre-season, although it's difficult to judge anything by that. More mature in his playing style.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
And, sadly, I think thats what seperates United from a lot of teams. We'd rather take the risk with a player that has the potential to be brilliant, rather then settle for the 'safe' option. It's all about risk and reward. And we all know Fergie loves a gamble.
Interesting...

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.

It was quite interesting reading through the Anderson thread, & taking note of a lot of the comments from United fans regarding the lad. This is just one of the many negative remarks after his performance against Arsenal a few months ago - 'Anderson in having a stinker away from home shocker. I really don't understand why he keep getting games away from home. I'd sooner have O'Shea in the middle' - That's not an isolated post, because there is a theme going back over 18 months in regards to his 'hot & cold' style of consistency. The thing that caught my eye though, is that there was a criticism from quite a few regarding his passing ability. Then after his 2 goals against Schalke, someone joked that The Germans must be shite if Anderson can score against them. So it got me thinking. If his passing ain't up to scratch, & he's not a prolific goalscorer ?. What exactly is it that constitutes the hype that some people on here seem to lap up ?

A lot of Manchester United fans have expressed their concerns over the past 2 or 3 seasons regarding the apparent weakness in the midfield area. Yet this is the area where your man is supposed to be making his own. I'd even go as far as saying that United's successes in recent years have come about, in spite of, as opposed to, because of, your midfield. Far too often, the attackers have bailed out your midfielders, in fact some of them could be accused of riding on the back of people like Giggs, Rooney, Hernandez, Nani, Berbatov, along with a solid back-four.

We paid a very modest fee for Lucas. In return, our expectations were very modest. Therefore, despite a turbulent couple of years in which the club has gone through something of a nightmare, he's come through, & more than exceeded expectations. In short, it was £5.5 million well spent. & unlike Anderson, Lucas has never really had the luxury over the past 18 months or so, of playing alongside players such as those mentioned above. That said, I'm very confident that with a settled management structure now in place, & better players around him. Lucas has it in him to take his game up another level. I suppose the big question is though. Will we be here in 12 months time talking about Anderson's potential, & saying how he 'could be' a great player ?. Or will the lad finally take advantage of the many great things he has going for him at Old Trafford, & become the player that so many on here want him to be - Whatever people might think of the differing levels of ability between the 2 players. Lucas has won the strength of character stakes hands down. It's now up to Anderson to show he's got the bottle to take on one of the toughest jobs in the world.

I'm always right

Taking red cafe posters opinions on our players is well.... retarded. Half of the feckers on here haven't got the first clue about football, some of them still wanted/want rid of Nani and think he's still inconsistent, in fact my fave ever redcafe retard post was a claim that Nani, despite scoring or creating a goal in pretty much every game he played for 10 months was "inconsistent within the game" :lol:

Many (like Pogue) took forever to rate Ronaldo.

Many redcafe posters think Sneijder wouldn't improve us.

That O'Shea comment is typical of the match day caftards, completely unquestionably retarded.

etc etc.

As for "strength of character"... that's also a crock of shite, Anderson has come through a broken leg and a ruptured cruciate ligament as well as coming through an injury caused by a serious car accident. In the biggest test of his career his did this: