Anderson Vs Lucas

DJSpaz

Incredibly Stupid Bitter Biased Embarrassing Caf C
Like Nottingham Forest...you've won it two times..
Anderson won the Golden ball at the U-17 World cup tournament, and pretty much single-handedly brought Gremio to the brazilian top division with that goal of his. Lucas was the best brazilian player prior to moving to Sousers, something Tevez achieved 2/3 times during his times with the corinthians. Both top talents with plenty of potential, but Anderson just seems to have that little magic, and what's more, we have yet to see the real anderson (his attacking qualities), so I'd say our Brazilian. But Certainly, Brazil's future midfield looks pretty good going by that potential.
So Tevez was the best brazilian player too? :houllier:

Tabata

Likes threads entitled 'Torres Signs' & welches on
Anderson

By a feckin mile

:smirk:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
:lol:

I didn't, that was a joke that you didn't get.

Whereas you actually think that Saha's as good as Torres and that you can't compare Torres and Tevez. You can, and Torres is better
If I'm ever outed as talking utter bollocks about a United player I might use your "it was a joke" get out clause.

Of course, I won't expect anyone to believe it either but, hey, at least I'll be able to delude myself (and whoever else is gullible enough to believe me) that I'm more "sensible" than the average poster.

VP

He is when he's on form. The problem with Sissoko is that when he's bad he's very bad.....Carrick doesn't have such lows, but also doesn't have such dominating performances that Sissoko is capable of.....he's just averagely bland

Whereas Torres is simply better that Tevez
No he isn't. Carrick is simply better than Sissoko.

Yes, Torres is better than Tevez.

REd FUn DevIl

Lucas hasnt played much, what can we say about him?

In the few games of him he didnt look amazing at all

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Pogue, why can't you 'directly compare' Tevez and Torres?
Because they play slightly different positions and are completely different players.

Tevez plays extremely deep for a striker. More or less "in the hole" but, as often as not, he does a lot of stuff that you would expect from an attacking midfielder. He works incredibly had defensively, only rarely sits on the shoulder of the last defender and his game is often more about creating goals than scoring them. He's a real team-player, he's not selfish enough, in front of goal, to be a real predator like Torres or Ruud.

Torres is an out an out striker. Does feck all defensively and constantly looks to get beyond the defensive line, almost never coming deep to get the ball and when he gets the ball he only has one thing on his mind.

They are both excellent strikers, of course. I think comparing any two players from different teams is an inexact science, tbh, unless one is clearly miles better than the other (e.g. Ronaldo vs Pennant) but comparing Tevez and Torres really is comparing apples with oranges.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Sissiko, dominating?

Is this thread a competition to see who can be the biggest spastic?

twitter thread suggester
Sissiko, dominating?

Is this thread a competition to see who can be the biggest spastic?
Davo won that competition a few weeks ago when he said Evra wasn't in the top 5 among left backs and then failed to mention 5 players who is better than him.

But the second post of this thread - made by Fred described this kind of thread perfectly. It was bound to end n a meaningless, pointless and biased discussion as to who's got the better players

The Hairdryer

Comparing Torres to Keira Knightly is possible. They both look the same.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Because they play slightly different positions and are completely different players.

Tevez plays extremely deep for a striker. More or less "in the hole" but, as often as not, he does a lot of stuff that you would expect from an attacking midfielder. He works incredibly had defensively, only rarely sits on the shoulder of the last defender and his game is often more about creating goals than scoring them. He's a real team-player, he's not selfish enough, in front of goal, to be a real predator like Torres or Ruud.

Torres is an out an out striker. Does feck all defensively and constantly looks to get beyond the defensive line, almost never coming deep to get the ball and when he gets the ball he only has one thing on his mind.

They are both excellent strikers, of course. I think comparing any two players from different teams is an inexact science, tbh, unless one is clearly miles better than the other (e.g. Ronaldo vs Pennant) but comparing Tevez and Torres really is comparing apples with oranges.
I don't see any reason why playing in different positions or styles or teams means you can't compare players. For instance, Wayne Rooney's much better than Gareth Barry... that's not controversial. He's just clearly better at football, which is reflected in things like price-tag.

It's possible for two players to be roughly equal, of course, and in your view that's the case with Tevez and Torres, but I don't see why you need recourse to the idea that they're like apples and oranges. They're both footballers.

I've not seen that much of Torres, but from what I have seen he looks better... quicker, more dynamic, more dangerous, he just looks the business, a top-class striker. Tevez is a very good, strong, clever player though.

Bape

Anderson has outshone Lucas so far this season, mainly because he's played more games, but before they both came to the Premier league this season, Anderson was definitely praised by world football as the bigger talent out of the two.

Time will tell, but bias aside, I honestly reckon Anderson will be the better player in a few years, early signs are promosing.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I don't see any reason why playing in different positions or styles or teams means you can't compare players. For instance, Wayne Rooney's much better than Gareth Barry... that's not controversial. He's just clearly better at football, which is reflected in things like price-tag.

It's possible for two players to be roughly equal, of course, and in your view that's the case with Tevez and Torres, but I don't see why you need recourse to the idea that they're like apples and oranges. They're both footballers.

I've not seen that much of Torres, but from what I have seen he looks better... quicker, more dynamic, more dangerous, he just looks the business, a top-class striker. Tevez is a very good, strong, clever player though.
Agree with you about the Rooney-Barry comparison, obviously. But I think Tevez and Torres are a lot closer, in terms of quality, so the subtle differences in position and what they bring to the team make comparisons more tricky.

That's just my opinion, of course. But I'm basing it on watching them both over the last few years, not just this season. Torres has had hot streaks before, then played poorly for long periods. At one stage, the Spanish press were wondering if he would ever fulfil his early promise.

I would agree that Torres has definitely had a better start to this season and seems to be perfectly suited to the Premier League (the cnut) But I think Tevez will surprise a lot of doubters, before the season's out.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
If Tevez wasn't so clumsy in front of goal, and had half a yard more pace, he'd be more or less unplayable. As it is he's a very good player. Can't think of many teams who wouldn't want him.

Torres is the business though. Wastes chances, but he's just so sharp, and not afraid to bully players. Look at the difference he makes to Liverpool when Sven Benitez actually plays him

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Sissoko is dominating games noods. I rate Tevez as a better player than Torres but Torres is a much better goalscorer. Just what Liverpool needed. The cnut.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Agree with you about the Rooney-Barry comparison, obviously. But I think Tevez and Torres are a lot closer, in terms of quality, so the subtle differences in position and what they bring to the team make comparisons more tricky.

That's just my opinion, of course. But I'm basing it on watching them both over the last few years, not just this season. Torres has had hot streaks before, then played poorly for long periods. At one stage, the Spanish press were wondering if he would ever fulfil his early promise.

I would agree that Torres has definitely had a better start to this season and seems to be perfectly suited to the Premier League (the cnut) But I think Tevez will surprise a lot of doubters, before the season's out.
Well, I hope you're right.

For the record, I also think you can compare apples and oranges. I would say a really top-class apple is nicer than any orange, but your average orange is far better than your average apple.

Count Duckula

For the record, I also think you can compare apples and oranges. I would say a really top-class apple is nicer than any orange, but your average orange is far better than your average apple.
Kanchelskis14 will be in here in a second saying he knows a really decent young watermelon who's just going to blow your preconceptions away. And if we don't get it, we're spastics.

twitter thread suggester

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Well, I hope you're right.

That's a fair point. You know what you're getting with oranges. Apples are deceptive bastards. They can look blinding, only to feck you over with their tasteless, floury flesh (+/- random brown bits).

Bananas are the most consistent of the lot. But they taste gak.

Chapster

bythe way a youtube search of lucas leiva gets 26 vids

anderson abreu gets 39

so anderson wins :)

Spammy

Being watched; will learn to post in the correct f
Gloves are worn for traction primarily. Someone li
Last season, yes.

But Saha is being played as an impact substitute this season (like Crouch) and Rooney is playing in the role that Saha played for most of last season.

And the answer is "far too early to tell but both look very promising"
Fair enough.

He is when he's on form. The problem with Sissoko is that when he's bad he's very bad.....Carrick doesn't have such lows, but also doesn't have such dominating performances that Sissoko is capable of.....he's just averagely bland

Whereas Torres is simply better that Tevez
Yes.

Davo

If I'm ever outed as talking utter bollocks about a United player I might use your "it was a joke" get out clause.

Of course, I won't expect anyone to believe it either but, hey, at least I'll be able to delude myself (and whoever else is gullible enough to believe me) that I'm more "sensible" than the average poster.
If you can't see the obvious joke in the whole Kuyt thing then I'm not sure what to tell you....

This isn't a sensible football forum...we should have one though. That's a great idea