Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Just on a side note from Moscow, I think next season, we may quite possible see a lot of Hargreaves/Carrick/Anderson as our first choice midfield. With Scholes being used more sparingly, and in the bigger matches, ala, Makalele at Chelsea.

I think the combination of the 3 would look something like this...

-----------Carrick---------
Hargreaves-------Anderson

Carrick will sit in his deep playmaking role, picking passes, mopping up danger etc, Hargreaves will run round and harry the opposition, putting them under pressure, and adding the much needed steel and bite to the midfield, and Anderon will be the one driving forward...

Spoony

The People's President
I'm worried Scholes is going to put pressure on the midfield by giving away needless free-kicks. He deserves to play, though, and I wont begrudge him a final spot. One things for sure, it won't be an easy game.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Just on a side note from Moscow, I think next season, we may quite possible see a lot of Hargreaves/Carrick/Anderson as our first choice midfield. With Scholes being used more sparingly, and in the bigger matches, ala, Makalele at Chelsea.

I think the combination of the 3 would look something like this...

-----------Carrick---------
Hargreaves-------Anderson

Carrick will sit in his deep playmaking role, picking passes, mopping up danger etc, Hargreaves will run round and harry the opposition, putting them under pressure, and adding the much needed steel and bite to the midfield, and Anderon will be the one driving forward...
It seems likely, but every single time we've played Carrick, Anderson and Fletcher this year we've put in a stunning performance, barring one game. Fletcher's work rate allows Anderson to push further up, whilst Carrick is still able to do what he does best in both halves of the pitch.

I would like to see this a bit more often, assuming Scholes is used in moderation.

jim

In most joy
I would like to see him coming on later on in the game just to inject a bit of pace and energy into the centre of midfield.

I can't help thinking playing him from the start is asking for trouble though, he would never last the full 90 minutes, and we've got far more experienced players who have a better ability to play more 'economically' in terms of possession, which will be crucial.

Godfather

Hard to tell whether Fergie will give him minutes to play. I really doubt that he will start, although I would like to see him starting.

Thing is that he showed great attitude and fighting spirit against big teams, on the other hand I really dont know instead of whom he should start, because although I havent been too much impressed by Carrick's last performances I think he should start.

I would consider a Anderson- Carrick- Scholes partnership.

Godfather

I would like to see him coming on later on in the game just to inject a bit of pace and energy into the centre of midfield.

I can't help thinking playing him from the start is asking for trouble though, he would never last the full 90 minutes, and we've got far more experienced players who have a better ability to play more 'economically' in terms of possession, which will be crucial.
Actually I think he certainly is able to play full 90 minutes when fit. The question is if he is fit.

Furthermore I think that a young, explosive midfielder with great pace like him could be as crucial as experience in this game.

Sam

Actually I think he certainly is able to play full 90 minutes when fit. The question is if he is fit.
How can you possibly think that, when he's not once been able to last 90 minutes for us yet. In fact, he's barely been able to last past 60 minutes.

Seriously, these Anderson fanboys are really starting to irritate me.

Cupid Stunt

"In that, Anfield is unbeatable. Put a shit h

Furthermore I think that a young, explosive midfielder with great pace like him could be as crucial as experience in this game.
Anderson has a good first half and poor second half, it's been the story of the season for him, but this is a good thing. It tells us all that he has what it takes mentally and technically to be a United player but not physically. He is behind Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves and Fletcher in the pecking order to start and rightfully so, Anderson is not ready. How can you say you are certain he is able to play 90? If you watched our games you would have seen he's been practically stretchered off after 60.

twitter thread suggester
That's rich coming from you, your blind love towards Tevez and constant defending of him is no better than people defending and praising Anderson.

I'd personally also rather listen to people praising a player like Anderson, than listen to you stating how much you dislike Nani and how you will continue to do so no matter what he does on the pitch in the future.

brez

I'm a big fan of Anderson but just wondering why our 19 year old midfielder is unable to last 90 minutes? At that age he should be able to run around all day. Anybody got any idea why?

Cupid Stunt

I'm a big fan of Anderson but just wondering why our 19 year old midfielder is unable to last 90 minutes? At that age he should be able to run around all day. Anybody got any idea why?
He broke his leg for Porto last season and went to the Copa America with no match fitness, and due to going to the Copa America he missed our pre-season. He had very little preperation for this season, next season I would go as far as saying expect a different player as far as fitness goes.

Cupid Stunt

I agree at 19 he should be able to run all day like Rooney. Another factor maybe that he has been playing a central midfield role with box-to-box demands (Not what Brazilian players are used to). Before joining United he was a Number 10 playing in the hole with a free role, not concentrating on defensive duties. His work load at United from a positional point of view must be at least 3 times more and if you add the pace of the premiership on top of that you can see why he's found it hard to cope with.

bergen

Author of gayest thread 07/08
What's the worry?

He's played a lot more than he was supposed to this season. He's done his ability justice. He has a lot to learn, and he has years ahead of him to do that. He's only 19 FFS, with four massive midfielders in front of him... He's never really played a full competitive season either.

Why the feck anyone has any worries about him. I love the guy, but I'm not surprised if he doesn't play in the final, and I certainly don't expect him to start.

If all goes to plan, he'll have plenty of opportunities to play in CL Finals for us in the coming years.

INF-AMOS

We are not saying Scholes shouldn't be starting in the final. The thing is Anderson hasn't been playing at all, not even 5 mins since the Chelsea game.

That's pretty bad if you consider the lad is fantastic in creating chances and assists.
That's the point, i feel he should of had some pitch time considering he was arguably our best player against Chelsea.

He has power and tenacity as well as drive going forward, he mixed it in his last game against the Chelsea midfield and put fabregas in his pocket amongst others this season.

Sam

That's rich coming from you, your blind love towards Tevez and constant defending of him is no better than people defending and praising Anderson.

I'd personally also rather listen to people praising a player like Anderson, than listen to you stating how much you dislike Nani and how you will continue to do so no matter what he does on the pitch in the future.
I defend Tevez when he gets and unfair cop (something he's got a lot this season, from certain posters), but I'm also happy to admit that he has his flaws.

With, Nani, I don't like him that much, but I have very rarely 'stated' this (In fact I think only once have I said this), as it makes no difference to my opinion of him as a player, and, as I've said time and time again, and will continue to do so, he's a quality player. If you have a problem with me, so be it, I really couldn't care less.

kanchelskis14

Not sure. To e honest, i think the fitness thing is overplayed. When we first signed Rooney, it was a while before he got a full 90, or it was very few and far between.

Often when Anderson's number has come up, i've been disappointed as he was playing well. I think it's generally more a case of Fergie not wanting him to play 90mins too often, as opposed to him being incapable.

INF-AMOS

exactly. Yet another thread is not needed. Please just update existing threads or what happens is that we lose previous good comments
Ye, we distinguished that Blunder but as i said, it was 19 pages back.

So I wasnt aware of any recent Anderson threads but merging them is furrymuff.

INF-AMOS

Oh dear Sam, here we go again.

I just read through the whole thread and with the exception of Veron who was being daft and Spooney just giving an honest opinion I don’t think I can see any one getting an erection over Anderson.

The majority consensus seems to be that Scholsey should start but that Anderson should have at least had some pitch time considering the attributes he brings to the table.

I.e, if we need to defend bring on Hargreaves and if we need to put some attacking bite into midfield, bring on Anderson.

Sam

Oh dear Sam, here we go again.

I just read through the whole thread and with the exception of Veron who was being daft and Spooney just giving an honest opinion I don’t think I can see any one getting an erection over Anderson.
I wasn't talking about this thread. Well, apart from Godfather's ridiculous comment.

twitter thread suggester
I wasn't talking about this thread. Well, apart from Godfather's ridiculous comment.
I can see how all of these fanboys are beginning to irritate you, especially the only one in this thread, who only said that he thinks Anderson is able to play 90 minutes when fit.

Silly me, that's an outrageous comment made by Godfather and his blind love for Anderson is obviously blocking all rational thinking. Fanboy indeed, thinking Anderson is able to play 90 minutes, what a loon!

What's next? Will this fanboy say that Anderson is able to score goals in the future?
When will the madness end with these Anderson fanboys!?

twitter thread suggester
Good, good.

At least we are now signing from the same Hymn sheet. ;)
Have you looked at the back of the sheet?
Where it says that Sam#1 is acting like a child calling people fanboys just because they think Anderson is able to play 90 minutes when fit?
If you don't see that on the sheet then I'm afraid we don't quite sing the same hymn.

Ps. I think I saw someone in another thread saying that Carrick normally hits the target when he's clear on goal, quick go get him, that Carrick fanboy!

Sam

Have you looked at the back of the sheet?
Where it says that Sam#1 is acting like a child calling people fanboys just because they think Anderson is able to play 90 minutes when fit?
If you don't see that on the sheet then I'm afraid we don't quite sing the same hymn.

Ps. I think I saw someone in another thread saying that Carrick normally hits the target when he's clear on goal, quick go get him, that Carrick fanboy!
You're the only one acting like a 'child'.

I simply pointed out that it is irritating that everywhere I look on this forum there is people going over the top with their praise of Anderson, and these people are usually the same people, over and over, hence they are bit like fanboys. Ok, Godfather's wasn't that bad, but it was just one in a long line of his comments that are OTT when it comes to talking Anderson.

And I'm not the only person who has noticed this trend.

twitter thread suggester
You're the only one acting like a 'child'.

I simply pointed out that it is irritating that everywhere I look on this forum there is people going over the top with their praise of Anderson, and these people are usually the same people, over and over, hence they are bit like fanboys. Ok, Godfather's wasn't that bad, but it was just one in a long line of his comments that are OTT when it comes to talking Anderson.
I'm pointing out that your argument is flawed and your accusations are stupid - you found the need to express how so-called fanboys irritates you, you then say there's actually only one fanboy in this thread and now, after I pointed it out, you're saying that he wasn't actually that bad.

In fact Godfather's comment wasn't even over the top, nothing wrong with thinking that Anderson is able to play 90 minutes when he's fully fit.

So your small rant on fanboys seems pretty silly now considering there's actually no fanboys in this thread.

And I'm not the only person who has noticed this trend.
Ah, so that's why - you saw someone else using the term 'Anderson fanboy' in this thread and thought you'd give it a go yourself - with limited success.

ps. someone said that Giggs is able to play another season, what a fanboy!

Sam

I'm pointing out that your argument is flawed and your accusations are stupid - you found the need to express how so-called fanboys irritates you, you then say there's actually only one fanboy in this thread and now, after I pointed it out, you're saying that he wasn't actually that bad.
There are tons of them, Godfather, being one. Now, only he has posted in this thread, and therefore, I responded to him. If someone else had, I probably would have responded to them.

And no, this comment wasn't that bad, although it was rather stupid, but, as I said before, it was just one in a long line.

In fact Godfather's comment wasn't even over the top, nothing wrong with thinking that Anderson is able to play 90 minutes when he's fully fit.
Considering that every game he has played, after about 60 minutes, his performance just drops, saying he'd be able to last 90 minutes in a Champions League final, is actually a little bit stupid, and typical of an Anderson fanboy going OTT with their analysis of him.

So your small rant on fanboys seems pretty silly now considering there's actually no fanboys in this thread.
Errr, yes there is.

Ah, so that's why - you saw someone else using the term 'Anderson fanboy' in this thread and thought you'd give it a go yourself - with limited success.
I don't think anyone else has used the phrase 'Anderson fanboy' in this thread, have they?

ps. someone said that Giggs is able to play another season, what a fanboy!
And you say I'm being 'childish'. :lol::lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The thing is Top, a few are demanding that he should play ahead of the likes of Scholes and Carrick in the final, even though he's clearly been unfit

now, if he manages to get fit in the next few days he will still lack match fitness so at best should start on the bench IMHO. A CL final is not the place to gamble

twitter thread suggester
I don't think anyone else has used the phrase 'Anderson fanboy' in this thread, have they?
Yup, GB used the exact phrase earlier today in this thread, then you used it, and then you said other people were of the same opinion as you.

That could explain why you used the phrase in such a shitty way.

And you say I'm being 'childish'. :lol::lol:
Hopefully you're not missing my point regarding these tongue-in-cheek end-comments. Saying Anderson is able to play for 90 minutes when fit is no more ridiculous than saying Giggs is able to play another season or that Carrick is able to hit the target when a few yards away from goals - none of those claims should ever warrant a "fanboy"-tag.

twitter thread suggester
The thing is Top, a few are demanding that he should play ahead of the likes of Scholes and Carrick in the final, even though he's clearly been unfit
I'm purely defending the Godfather here after he was being accused of being a fanboy - I'm not taking sides in the Anderson discussion.

Fact is, it wasn't the people saying that Anderson should play in the final that made Sam use the term fanboy - in fact he doesn't consider them fanboys, as there's only one person in the thread who's a fanboy according to Sam, and that's Godfather - and all Godfather said was that Anderson would be able to play 90 minutes once he's fit.

It was Sam's strange use of the word "fanboy" which made me participate in this thread, not the actual Anderson/final discussion - I probably should have had the discussion with Sam by PM.

Sam

Yup, GB used the exact phrase earlier today in this thread, then you used it, and then you said other people were of the same opinion as you.

That could explain why you used the phrase in such a shitty way.
Ah, I must have missed that.

I know he's used it before, same as me, but I didn't see it in this thread.

Hopefully you're not missing my point regarding these tongue-in-cheek end-comments. Saying Anderson is able to play for 90 minutes when fit is no more ridiculous than saying Giggs is able to play another season or that Carrick is able to hit the target when a few yards away from goals - none of those claims should ever warrant a "fanboy"-tag.
You're the one totally missing the point.

It's the same people, over and over, going OTT with their analysis of Anderson, that irritate me. Not just odd comments on him.

Sam

and all Godfather said was that Anderson would be able to play 90 minutes once he's fit.
As I say, in wasn't just that one comment, it was that, along with a whole host of others from him.

And that's why he warrants the term, 'fanboy'.

AttackingFlair

How long did he play against Arsenal in the FA Cup? I think he got subbed off but he pretty much ran the show and for more than 60 mins at least I think.

"I'm worried Scholes is going to put pressure on the midfield by giving away needless free-kicks. He deserves to play, though, and I wont begrudge him a final spot. One things for sure, it won't be an easy game."

The likes of Ballack/Essien should be able to skip past him without too much of a problem considering the sheer difference in athleticism. I'm only worried about things defensively but I'm sure Ferguson will get it right.

twitter thread suggester
As I say, in wasn't just that one comment, it was that, along with a whole host of others from him.
But when you were explaining to INF-AMOS why you were using the word "fanboy", you said that it wasn't based on this thread except for "Godfather's ridiculous comment" referring to his "90 minutes" post, which wasn't even over the top.

But I guess we have separate ideas of what a fanboy is, and I'll stop now as this is not going anywhere.

Sam

But when you were explaining to INF-AMOS why you were using the word "fanboy", you said that it wasn't based on this thread except for "Godfather's ridiculous comment" referring to his "90 minutes" post, which wasn't even over the top.
Yes, it wasn't based on this thread, except for that one comment. It was based on a succession of comments from him.

Anyway, if you want to leave it, then ok, it's a pretty pointless argument, and I'm sure we've both got better things to be doing with our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.