Television Andor (Star Wars series) - Disney+

decorativeed

Just watching the first episode. It appears to be very dull so far. Only think of note is the huge amount of accents so far. Is this the first Manc accent on the SW universe?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Remember that if you watch as many as three episodes, you're actually legally required to watch all the way until at least the 6th episode. If you don't like that one, you can safely stop watching forever.

Spoony

The People's President
Just watching the first episode. It appears to be very dull so far. Only think of note is the huge amount of accents so far. Is this the first Manc accent on the SW universe?
Who's got the Manc accent? I'll have to rate it tad higher now.

Sylar

Think this is why they released three eps at once before making it weekly. Was a good move by them in that sense

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The last episode, after the heist, with zero action - I'm surprised it was as good as it was.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The 6th episode is a goddamn masterpiece. Almost inarguably the best piece of Star Wars media since...Empire?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The 6th episode is a goddamn masterpiece. Almost inarguably the best piece of Star Wars media since...Empire?
Personally that episode looked to me as Rogue One quality which is very decent thing to watch imo.

Empire level ? It will take some effort, perhaps it will happen in nearer future than distant, but definitely great, straightforward episode that was.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Just watched the first 3 - I'm in.

Old Trevor from Eastenders has put on some timber - sure it was him.

Hamnat

This episode was the weakest so far for me personally. It had way too much of the prison minutiae. They could have cut whole sections of that. I get it he's in prison its monotonous and unfair. Speed it up. They need to get the prison break going or that part will drag in other episodes too.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'll be honest, I thought the "getting arrested as a tourist" stuff was a flashback until the other prisoners asked about the law that was definitely happening now.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I like how they're taking their time to show the extent of the injustice, abuse & brutality the Empire imposed on ordinary people. You get a real sense of just how evil everyone in the Empire is with this show, beyond Palpatine & Vader.

Hamnat

I like how they show the darker side of the rebellion too. How they know that regular people will suffer with what they are doing and face harsh retaliation. Regular people getting rounded up etc , increased military state. But, obviously they are doing it before the Empire gets too powerful to ever change anything. That part is done really effectively here.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The concept of the prison is excellent. Love how well thought out it is, the electric floors, the open plan cells, the factory concept with a Squid games style competitive edge. Very interesting, very Imperial. They really have nailed the Empire in this show, terrifyingly brutal.

Sylar

I'll be honest, I thought the "getting arrested as a tourist" stuff was a flashback until the other prisoners asked about the law that was definitely happening now.
Same :lol:
Thought they were showing what he did before and how he came to the place etc but then thought nope, it's real time

Thought the prison scenes were pretty good at showing how evil the empire are. Imagine having to survive there?!
It was the best part of the episode imo. The stuff away from the prison wasn't as interesting to me

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
This episode was the weakest so far for me personally. It had way too much of the prison minutiae. They could have cut whole sections of that. I get it he's in prison its monotonous and unfair. Speed it up. They need to get the prison break going or that part will drag in other episodes too.
I thought the prison was fantastic. Though they could’ve cut a bit for longer scenes with Bix, maybe in slo-mo to extend them. :cool:

I didn’t even spot Gollum until he was pointed out to me, which was another cool bit from another very good episode.

Hamnat

I thought the prison was fantastic. Though they could’ve cut a bit for longer scenes with Bix, maybe in slo-mo to extend them. :cool:

I didn’t even spot Gollum until he was pointed out to me, which was another cool bit from another very good episode.
I liked the look and idea of the prison scenes. My complaint was it was too much of the little details. I get what I was supposed to narratively . Empire is evil, basically slave labor where a mistake could get you tortured and killed, sentence can be extended to infinity for no reason pretty much. I got all that.

Some of the later bits of it I was thinking ok come on start showing me hints of the potential breakout, or recruitment to Rebellion, start picking up the larger story. Not like the episode was trash or anything but I would like to see that pick up next episode not more compete for the best table in the room for 15 minutes of the running time.

Sylar

I liked the look and idea of the prison scenes. My complaint was it was too much of the little details. I get what I was supposed to narratively . Empire is evil, basically slave labor where a mistake could get you tortured and killed, sentence can be extended to infinity for no reason pretty much. I got all that.

Some of the later bits of it I was thinking ok come on start showing me hints of the potential breakout, or recruitment to Rebellion, start picking up the larger story. Not like the episode was trash or anything but I would like to see that pick up next episode not more compete for the best table in the room for 15 minutes of the running time.
Theres another 4 or so eps left.... right?
I wouldnt mind another ep and a bit in the prison.

I know they did a time jump (something like 40 shifts later) but im glad they didnt start resolving it straight away.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
They already showed a few hints though no? One of the prisoners was using sign language to communicate with people in different areas of the prison. Then we had the bit at the very start where an officer complained about being short staffed and someone being late. Also the hint of two people not being allowed in a cell together as I imagine Andy Circus' character is going to be a stumbling block to any escape plan.

Bobski

This is a really good show, expected very little, thought Mando was kinda shit really and the less said about that risible Obi Wan pap the better but this is genuinely good, nay excellent TV, shocking I know.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Love this show, it’s brilliant. By far the best Disney have done with Star Wars, along with Rogue One. Both Tony Gilroy projects.

Oh, and I am in love with Adria Arjona.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Started slow, but 4 episodes in, this is fantastic. Finally something that feels gritty and lived in instead of the endless fan service, merchandise focused Disnry crap we've seen the last few years.

I have A new hope (ha!) for Star Wars.

dinostar77

Posted in Star Wars Universe thread. "Tales of the jedi" was alright. All abuot Ahsoka Tano and Count Dooko's fall from jedi to sith.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Probably the best thing Disney Star Wars has done. The Mandalorian definitely has its niche and positives and Rogue One was the best movie but something about Andor makes it the most compelling for me.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I think it's because it's an espionage thriller in the Star Wars universe, as opposed to Disney/Star Wars attempting an espionage thriller. If that makes sense.

Sylar

I think it's because it's an espionage thriller in the Star Wars universe, as opposed to Disney/Star Wars attempting an espionage thriller. If that makes sense.
And nobody is hiding children under their massive coats.

Love this show, it’s brilliant. By far the best Disney have done with Star Wars, along with Rogue One. Both Tony Gilroy projects.

Oh, and I am in love with Adria Arjona.
I was trying to think where ive seen her recently and it was Morbius. Shes defo better in this but then the script just seems better.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Best Star Wars thing since Rogue 1, which was the best thing since Empire.

Diego Luna saving Star Wars.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Who knew that final line in the episode would bring so much adrenaline! Next weeks is going to big.

I need to watch part of the episode again though as I didn't quite understand (putting it in spoilers as the episodes not been out for long)
What the reference was too the rebel pilot / trap. They briefly mentioned a group name in reference to the Alliance, is that part of the Whitaker group? Or just a random Rebel faction?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Who knew that final line in the episode would bring so much adrenaline! Next weeks is going to big.

I need to watch part of the episode again though as I didn't quite understand (putting it in spoilers as the episodes not been out for long)
What the reference was too the rebel pilot / trap. They briefly mentioned a group name in reference to the Alliance, is that part of the Whitaker group? Or just a random Rebel faction?
Yeah, the floor manager grimly relenting and answerring the question was fantastic.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Terrific episode. Gollum realising the he inevitability of the situation at the end was nicely done.

nimic

something nice
Scout

I think it was either Whitaker's group, or the group that Whitaker refused to cooperate with when the Swedish Capitalist Revolutionary suggested it.

Spoony

The People's President
Prison segments are fantastic. Very intense and aesthetically beautiful. Still can't get into the rest though.