André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strelok

Doing a Glazer -- Get Onana on the free; sell and then get another -- striker for free.
Imo doing a Glazer is more like get Onana and make him pay for the cost and give them some cash as well. Then sell him.

Btw I always find the opinion because a team get a player for free or a low fee they should sell the player cheap quite weird. If you happen to find a big diamond somewhere would you sell it for half the price because you got it for free?

Highfather_24

I hate the fact that we are only able to work on one incoming transfer at a time. Forget the fact, that we barely are even able to sell players.

GoldanoGraham

Is he back at pre season at Inter? He’s no longer an international so he has been off since CL final - would be good to know that he’s on his way to Manchester ready to join up with the bulk of the 1st team squad that arrive back on Saturday.

Possibly delayed to today/tomorrow as a lot of club and media folk would have been out in Oslo.

Assume something will be announced today and he will have medical tomorrow.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Is he back at pre season at Inter? He’s no longer an international so he has been off since CL final - would be good to know that he’s on his way to Manchester ready to join up with the bulk of the 1st team squad that arrive back on Saturday.

Possibly delayed to today/tomorrow as a lot of club and media folk would have been out in Oslo.

Assume something will be announced today and he will have medical tomorrow.
He did turn up for pre-season, there are vids in the Italian press of him arriving and fans mobbing his car and saying "please stay with us."

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I agree that it isn't guaranteed that Onana will adjust to the Premier League, but if that final against City is anything to go by then I think he's got a great chance. I'm sure if he has a couple of moments early on where his dribbling antics get him into trouble then he and Ten Hag will adapt his game to eliminate these issues.

I just keep going back to this video, in the final of the CL, against City. It's unreal how calm he is on the ball, and watching him come out for high balls and crosses is something I forgot that keepers are meant to do. Plus, some of those long balls up are :drool:

Consoling his team mates after losing the game like a leader, pushing Haaland because he was being a twat. I think his positives will outweigh any negatives he might have.
nice that someone finally answered me about crosses/dominating his area: I haven't seen enough of him to know (couldn't watch the CL final a I knew what the outcome was going to be). I wonder why you forgot that keepers were allowed of their line... :)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I hate the fact that we are only able to work on one incoming transfer at a time. Forget the fact, that we barely are even able to sell players.
I get slaughtered by two (now blocked) people here for saying that this time last year. Right now, we barely seem to be able to one - the Onana deal looks to be in danger of collapsing, if the rumours are anything to go by. The new owner must get rid of the two clowns...

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
He did turn up for pre-season, there are vids in the Italian press of him arriving and fans mobbing his car and saying "please stay with us."

After contracting some of our resident lip readers I've managed to gain some more info about the conversation going on in this photo.

JediSith

The scrutiny Onana is going to come under after his first “playing it out” error is going to be immense especially if it’s early on. Every keeper does it, but going to be even harder for a United keeper. What’s worse is it’ll come from some of our own ex players now on TV.

Yakuza_devils

We need to get this guy at all costs. Even Pep said they can't press Inter high because of him. That's day and night compared to DDG.

OverratedOpinion

The scrutiny Onana is going to come under after his first “playing it out” error is going to be immense especially if it’s early on. Every keeper does it, but going to be even harder for a United keeper. What’s worse is it’ll come from some of our own ex players now on TV.
You'd hope by now people have been through that song and dance enough when Ederson and Allison first came here that they know not to panic. The pundits will still do their whole schtick dragging red circles around their little screen and making serious faces but I think the fans will know.

Trex

They taught Martinez couldn't cut it at center back and were happy with their mate Ole good vibes football. They know about the modern game as much as any keyboard warrior.
If you're a footballer you focus on your game and the managers instructions, there is a reason pundits are pundits and not managers. They were "slaughtering" Martinez after the very first game none of them is talking now.

L1nk

You can't buy his goalkeeper jersey from the Milan store since today apparently

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Another myth that permeates this forum every fecking window.

NLunited

Hope it is not happening. I had him in my fantasy-football team last season and saw him playing often. If news are right, we are willing to overpay for a keeper who is clearly not world-class level.

He has great distribution skills and range of passing. His reflexes are good, but he is average between the goal posts most of times.
And most important, he has no leadership at all, saw him quarreling too often with his teammates. Not to talk about the dispute with the Cameroon coach during the last World cup.

Furthermore, Inter are in desperate need of cash to finance Lukaku's return, reported for 40 million euros.

There are other good keepers out there. We should act smartly and call our price, I mean a reasonable price. Not feeding other clubs up for their desire to get back fat-ass Rom
He is one of the best we can get, and certainly the best with his feet we can get.

Don’t fat-shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.