André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Mistelroum

Over £50m would surely be too much? I think with a very tight budget we should be walking away at anything over £50m. Really not sure he'll be good enough at actual goalkeeping.

crossy1686

career ending
The tour starts in a week? I'd imagine they'll try and get him to join with the rest before they jet off to the states or just before
Reckon he'll be confirmed by this weekend. Everything points to this being done sooner rather than later. No point in meeting today to discuss the details then coming back next week to talk again.

Idxomer

Don't ever doubt Romano and Di Marzio on Italian deals.

They said the end of next week last Saturday and that's exactly what's happening.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You know this is literally our side waiting for the Glazers to wake up and give the green light to spend.
That's pretty normal for us under the Glazers. Florida are probably ready to go ahead with the deal now.

Around £42m with add ons is about right if Di Marzio is anything to go by. And he's normally on the money when it comes to Serie A.

crossy1686

career ending
Over £50m would surely be too much? I think with a very tight budget we should be walking away at anything over £50m. Really not sure he'll be good enough at actual goalkeeping.
Ederson and Allison cost more so make from that what you will.

He's a great goalkeeper, people are going to be surprised with just how good he is.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I am desperately begging sports journalists to try to comprehend the concept of exchange rates

crossy1686

career ending
By Monday?!? Are these meetings so strenuous that a workday & a full weekend need to be taken off to recharge & do something as strenuous as tasking a lackey to type up the contract?
Probably the contract guys making amendments and re-writing shit that takes time. Then getting the go ahead from whoever has the funds and the finance guys signing off on the potential outlay.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Probably the contract guys making amendments and re-writing shit that takes time. Then getting the go ahead from whoever has the funds and the finance guys signing off on the potential outlay.
Wouldn’t as many of these admittedly time consuming tasks as possible be accomplished proactively? I get the rewrites, but amendments are just that, a short add on.

Wouldn’t the ‘go ahead’ be given proactively if the negotiations stay within certain parameters? A ‘go ahead’ is only one word after all if such an arrangement wasn’t already in place.

Just seems unnecessarily sluggish at this potentially late stage.

e - what the feck do I know? The deal appears imminent! :lol:

Just needed a rant today due to personal shit in my life currently. Sorry!

crossy1686

career ending
Wouldn’t as many of these admittedly time consuming tasks as possible be accomplished proactively? I get the rewrites, but amendments are just that, a short add on.

Wouldn’t the ‘go ahead’ be given proactively if the negotiations stay within certain parameters? A ‘go ahead’ is only one word after all if such an arrangement wasn’t already in place.

Just seems unnecessarily sluggish at this potentially late stage.

e - what the feck do I know. The deal appears imminent! :lol:
I would have thought so but my girlfriend works in finance for a hedge fund on the purchasing side of properties, and the amount of manual working out of rates she has to do on various different things takes up to a full week to complete, and you have to wait around for a bunch of other people to get back to you with their calculations based on their area also. I think there's probably a lot of moving parts in these deals that we just don't understand unless you're on the inside.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I would have thought so but my girlfriend works in finance for a hedge fund on the purchasing side of properties, and the amount of manual working out of rates she has to do on various different things takes up to a full week to complete, and you have to wait around for a bunch of other people to get back to you with their calculations based on their area also. I think there's probably a lot of moving parts in these deals that we just don't understand unless you're on the inside.
Glad I’ve been able to eke out a career in a field that isn’t so jammed up when it’s close to progress. Seems quite stressful for those rowing the oars.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pretty much everyone predicted that to be the price like 2 weeks ago. Just glad it's getting over the line!

Status
Not open for further replies.