g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertie Wooster

As with the Mount deal, it's felt inevitable for a few weeks - and at pretty much that fee - but will only relax when this officially gets signed and sealed.

I'm expecting some anxious moments, and maybe some high profile errors - gleefully discussed by the media - but definitely want him to come as we need this kind of keeper for ETH's style of play and always like to see our manager get their #1 choice.

I also much prefer a keeper who is quick off their line and can dominate their box, even if they make the occasional noticeable error, rather than one who plays it safe staying on his line and costs goals more under the radar by allowing opponents close range chances.

Levi1

Think this will be wrapped up tomorrow.
I don't see how. Romano said that Wednesday and Thursday would be the most important days in this transfer. So I suppose that if it isn't done by midnight, it'll be called off

Unam333

The number 24 is still vacant or is he going to wear the no. 1 shirt? :/

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Another player signed to suit the managers’ vision. What’s not to like? World class by many modern keeper metrics, and top class by more old school metrics. Certainly the change in goalkeeping style needed to implement ETH’s way of playing. So an essential signing.

47m for your number one target between the sticks. Only 27 too, which is young for a keeper. Can be first choice until he is 33-35 if all goes well. Very positive character too. Vocal and decisive. Has much of the leadership and personality qualities that DDG lacked. Not a slight on Dave, who had his own qualities, but more of what we need right now. And fundamentally unlocks our ability to press much higher up the pitch with confidence.

Onana, Varane, Martínez and Casemiro as that central defensive spine, is very, very good. Go back 24mos and that was De Gea, Maguire, Lindelof and McTominay. Serious upgrades in every position.

Mailo

Not knowing anything about him, but I'm afraid he'll turn out like an Eric Bailly in goal.

AndySmith1990

on Saturday he wrote that Tuesday/Wednesday will be decisive. Absolutely nothing happened till Thursday
He said Wednesday/Thursday since last week

It is really strange how angry people get whenever Romano posts. He obviously does have legitimate sources. And even if he were a bullshitter on the level of indykali, making up transfer rumours is hardly reason to induce anger in a person. As I say, very strange behaviour

OverratedOpinion

People seriously having a go at Romano on here? Have a word - he's been 100% on Onana.
I really don't get why it's suddenly become trendy to hate Romano. He is right so much more frequently than most Journos. People call him a "tap in merchant" because he only says things difinitively when he's 100% sure.

I'd much rather that than 90% of Journos who just wildly speculate to get clicks. At least you can generally trust when Romano confirms something.

Cantonagotmehere

Another player signed to suit the managers’ vision. What’s not to like? World class by many modern keeper metrics, and top class by more old school metrics. Certainly the change in goalkeeping style needed to implement ETH’s way of playing. So an essential signing.

47m for your number one target between the sticks. Only 27 too, which is young for a keeper. Can be first choice until he is 33-35 if all goes well. Very positive character too. Vocal and decisive. Has much of the leadership and personality qualities that DDG lacked. Not a slight on Dave, who had his own qualities, but more of what we need right now. And fundamentally unlocks our ability to press much higher up the pitch with confidence.

Onana, Varane, Martínez and Casemiro as that central defensive spine, is very, very good. Go back 24mos and that was De Gea, Maguire, Lindelof and McTominay. Serious upgrades in every position.
Great post mate, my thoughts exactly.

PSV

Can he save penalties
Yes, this was answered about 50 pages ago, there's stats somewhere that show he's pretty decent.
Think over his career he is basically average or slightly above average.
Don't know what the average is, but Onana has a save percentage of 12%, while De Gea has 14% (entire career).

It's been 4,5 years since Onana's last penalty save, so my guess is that it'll be more of the same in that department.

Status
Not open for further replies.