g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedOpinion

It feels weird to be this excited for a Goalkeeper signing. I really think this is one of the biggest steps in us really starting to play Ten Hag's football in a dominant fashion.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Based on the recent di Marzio Tweets, the sale isn't yet a foregone conclusion, but it's advanced enough to the point that Inter will be going after both Sommer and Trubin now. One can say that we've got our man, but United have yet to formally submit that satisfying offer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Based on the recent di Marzio Tweets, the sale isn't yet a foregone conclusion, but it's advanced enough to the point that Inter will be going after both Sommer and Trubin now. One can say that we've got our man, but United have yet to formally submit that satisfying offer.
It's almost there..

dinostar77

This is done. Really good signing that will have a positive impact on our build-up play and stop us being so vulnerable to crosses into the box.
You really should watch @Raees video if you think thats the case. The stats are suprising (not in a good way)

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Di Marzio is saying that the clubs are only discussing bonuses. Inter have come down to 55m and United have gone upto 50m. Almost everything is ready, and it's just a matter of time before Onana is a United player.

€50m + €5m in add ons, which is around £42m + £4m in add ons if we convert €€€ into £££ sterling.

WPMUFC

Di Marzio is saying that the clubs are only discussing bonuses. Inter have come down to 55m and United have gone upto 50m. Almost everything is ready, and it's just a matter of time before Onana is a United player.

€50m + €5m in add ons, which is around £42m + £4m in add ons if we convert €€€ into £££ sterling.
There's going to be a "number of goals scored" clause isn't there? :drool:

saivet

Thank for sharing, found it an interesting watch even if it has made me a bit worried about how he will be with the traditional goalkeeping things. I suppose if he can transform the way we play and limit the errors then it will overall be a big plus, even if he isn't the best shot stopper or dominant in the air.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I think the 'aerial duel' numbers didn't make sense because it's not really a goalkeeper stat. I think it's only headed duels that count, so for keepers, that would only be situations where they've left their box to sweep and try to get their head to the ball before an oncoming striker. That's why all the keepers only have 1 of those 'duels' per 4 games or something in the stats you had in the video.

A better metric for a keeper's aerial ability is the percentage of crosses stopped, which you can see on fbref. For example, this has De Gea 9th percentine (crap), Courtois 91st percentile (elite) and Onana 59th percentile (decent) - which makes a lot more sense with the eye test.

El-Manos

Thanks. Feels like a poor signing for the money.

Doesn’t seem like he is considerably better than DDG at anything other than sweeping. Hopefully the ball playing ability is worth it.
The only thing De Gea has over him are his reflexes.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm not bowled over by this one. Have a feeling he'll be ok, not great.

Obviously hope I'm wrong, and having said that I can see him starting really well regardless.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
My one conclusion from video highlights is that he parries almost every shot, many of them back into dangerous positions. This makes me a lot more nervous than the passing/risk taking does.

Todd

Glad this is done. It'll be very interesting to see just how much of a difference he makes in terms of us being able to play out from the back and clear safely when under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.