André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
David is better at shot-stopping but Andre is vastly superior with ball at his feet.
Alisson's addition to that Liverpool won them the 6th UCL and 19th League title.
Virgil's fixed that back line but Alisson was the key ingredient which got them over the line.
Andre's signing could have similar-ish effect kind of effect.
Could. But who knows; luck favors the brave.
You need to be bold chucking out you GK off the back of him winning the golden gloves.

But good gracious me, the way this GK transition being managed is a shamble.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I hope this one is done today and they do all the social media rubbish and then announce tomorrow.

It's always the social media stuff that holds up the announcements. They have to shoot a feature length film with each new signing

Bondi77

Don't have the link, saw the interview right after the match.

He said when specifically asked about signing a number 9:

"When we have news we will tell you, but we don't have at the moment. But the United fans can relax, we are working very hard on it."
No worries :)

Alemar

Many rumours of it being at the “Last Ok is missing”/ “Onana is waiting for a permission to flight to Manchester” stage. Hopefully flight tracker soon

Tiber

He is a top class shot stopper right? All you ever hear anyone talk about is passing. I have very little desire to go from an excellent shot stopper but poor passer to a keeper who lets in a lot of goals but can pass like Bravo

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
He is a top class shot stopper right? All you ever hear anyone talk about is passing. I have very little desire to go from an excellent shot stopper but poor passer to a keeper who lets in a lot of goals but can pass like Bravo
De Gea hasn't been an excellent shot stopper for ages. Onana'll be fine in that regard and the other benefits make him a much better choice.

CM

I don't watch much Serie A anymore but he certainly was in the Champions League last season. He kept the most clean sheets and topped the list for most goals prevented (according to xG):

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Exactly, it's to promote blood flow for recovery. I used one before, they're pretty cool.
Seen it around but never used it before.

What does it do? Like rolling airbags massaging the legs? So it breaks down the lactic acid build-up?

Devil You Know

Better shot stopper AND better with his feet AND better at sweeping.

The only thing he's worse at is unnecessary risk taking.

If he judge his risks wrongly, say, 3 times per season that wouldn't be enough to cancel out his superior shot stopping or sweeping ability. He'd still be a net positive in terms of preventing goals. And that's on top of his contributions to overall possession play.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Seen it around but never used it before.

What does it do? Like rolling airbags massaging the legs? So it breaks down the lactic acid build-up?
So it's like getting your blood pressure taken, feels exactly the same. It inflates in a pattern up and down the legs to just stimulate the blood flow. You can adjust the "pressure" very much like a massage.

It's probably no better than a massage, as they both promote the same thing, but it's the convenience factor. I did it in a gym at lunch near work, but if you're mega rich, can just chill on the sofa doing whatever you want.

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
No idea how he'll settle – if confirmed of course – but having a goalkeeper you can sort of trust to pass to or clear with some certainty, even knowing there will be plenty mistakes while doing so still, will relieve so much pressure. Less pressure might offer more focus on midfielders going forward, but at the least it should absolve some bulldozers from the opposition, which will probably make the defense and defensive midfield feel stronger than they have in ages. Martinez is a very quick thinker, but it will blow his covers way less if the coffee machine wasn't refilled correctly. Think even Lindelof and Maguire will look like much better passers if they stay, with having someone behind them they can use as an extra last man.

Though at Ajax I mostly thought he was an excellent shot stopper. There were only a few of those weird moments and admittedly he was pretty bad after his suspension. The ball playing stuff seems to have gotten better, I think, because in the UCL final he looked a lot more skilled and composed on the ball than I remembered from the years before.

Are there some statistics showing a general improvement of his over the past season? I think I've only seen stats based on the entire season as a whole.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
So it's like getting your blood pressure taken, feels exactly the same. It inflates in a pattern up and down the legs to just stimulate the blood flow. You can adjust the "pressure" very much like a massage.

It's probably no better than a massage, as they both promote the same thing, but it's the convenience factor. I did it in a gym at lunch near work, but if you're mega rich, can just chill on the sofa doing whatever you want.
Surely footballers can afford masseurs. Imagine a pair of hands' much better

Sylar

I hope onana has left Italy and is no longer in Milan considering he had his last meal on Thursday night ...

Status
Not open for further replies.