André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

€43m +€5m is a good bit less than I thought it would be if we get it done for that.

OmarUnited4ever

Almost done

Below is the quote on the fee from Laurie's article:-

A compromise is expected to be reached today or tomorrow, with United recently proposing €43m plus €5m in add-ons, although the exact figure is still being negotiated.
I thought it was £43m plus £5m, as in pounds not euros. (£43m = €50m)

If it's in Euros then it just about £36m which is quite a lowish fee

Revan

Assumptionman
Below is the quote on the fee from Laurie's article:-

I thought it was £43m plus £5m, as in pounds not euros. (£43m = €50m)

If it's in Euros then it just about £36m which is quite a lowish fee
Simon Jones had it in pounds.

resimad7

Personal terms were agreed weeks ago. Transfer fee still hasn’t been agreed so basically NO NEWS.

Wezzaldo

Love how EtH is meticulous and has a clear plan. Obviously pushed for this to be done before the tour as it’s going to be totally transformational to the way we play, so needs to be worked on ASAP.

It’s clear to most, but not sure Ole and Co would have even thought about that, let alone have a strategy.

Devil You Know

The first link to United this sumer came on June 12th. If it gets done today, that would make it less than 5 weeks to completion.

The people calling this a saga don't know they're born.

stw2022

Love Romano's bullshit "ETH called him in the last 48 hours to reassure him, whilst wearing blue socks having just finished a shepherd's pie" add-on.

Because if there's anything players want with a relatively short transfer saga the everyone views as an inevitably, is direct reassurance via intervention from the manager. This is a classic example of Romano adding on a bullshit, non-disprovable 'fact' to make it look like he has more insight than reporters he rips information from

Jev

Have we heard any impressions from people who've watched him regularly? He looks pretty bad in his highlights videos – every time there's a slightly impressive save, he seems to give away a dangerous rebound.

stw2022

Have we heard any impressions from people who've watched him regularly? He looks pretty bad in his highlights videos – every time there's a slightly impressive save, he seems to give away a dangerous rebound.
Highlight videos are shite anyway.

Devil You Know

He'll give you a heart attack every now and then by taking a stupid risk. Everything else is top drawer.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Based on the limited amount I’ve seen, I agree that he’s handlind/rebound control is the one area he has a lot of room for improvement in.

He’s very agile with very quick reflexes, seems pretty good at blocking shots with his feet and comes to collect or punch crosses quite well.

Delano

Based on the limited amount I’ve seen, I agree that he’s handlind/rebound control is the one area he has a lot of room for improvement in.

He’s very agile with very quick reflexes, seems pretty good at blocking shots with his feet and comes to collect or punch crosses quite well.
I agree, I said a few pages back it's his biggest weakness. It requires a technique change so his hand is more angled and less square on.

De Gea was also hugely underrated at this part of the game. You would very rarely see him push a ball into danger. It was pretty much a flawless attribute of his during his peak.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If €43m plus €5m in add-ons is the final deal you have to give the club credit that’s a great price.

Of course the usual suspects will switch the currency symbol by way of a conversion, so it becomes £43m plus £5m. Then they’ll stop bothering with the split and just call it £48m. Then they’ll just round it up to £50m for the lols.

Gaidal

I agree, I said a few pages back it's his biggest weakness. It requires a technique change so his hand is more angled and less square on.

De Gea was also hugely underrated at this part of the game. You would very rarely see him push a ball into danger. It was pretty much a flawless attribute of his during his peak.
De Gea often pushed them to corners, which was a huge problem since corners were so dangerous against us with de Gea in goal.

PoTMS

If €43m plus €5m in add-ons is the final deal you have to give the club credit that’s a great price.

Of course the usual suspects will switch the currency symbol by way of a conversion, so it becomes £43m plus £5m. Then they’ll stop bothering with the split and just call it £48m. Then they’ll just round it up to £50m for the lols.
£50m when they could've got him for free last year. Awful deal.

In Rainbows

De Gea learned that in his 2nd season at United (2013) just to add to your comment.

NLunited

He is a very good shot stopper which is backed up by the stats. There are some weaknesses in his game but those are offset by his strengths.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

At his peak maybe, but for the past 3 season, he was pushing them to danger almost every time.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

The thing is though, with the right coach I can see him improving in this area. Not saying the gk coaches at Ajax or Inter weren’t good enough but perhaps they didn’t focus on this as much on other parts of his game. So if he himself and Hartis, Mawson & co. see it as a weakness, I can see him improving on it quite quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.