André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

stw2022

There's also this bizarre **** built around him. The Andrew Tate of transfers. Normally people wouldn't give a shit if someone else thought one reporter was a bullshit grifter.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ever occur to you that he does it because people are constantly on his case to give updates?
You're right he must be the only journalist to face this issue and be obligated to just give updates :lol:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Because he's every fecking where. He's posted 16 times and Onana in the last 72 hours. Every update posted here. Each one saying feck all the previous one hadn't.

He's IndyKilla but smarter and better at it
Pretty much, just with a face.

goalscholes

Romano knows where to look and is a tap in merchant for news. What’s he’s clearly underestimated is our ability to take forever on a single transfer, even when everything seems signed.

We’re probably still haggling over parking expenses or fruit consumed in lawyer meetings.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Seeing as we seem capable of only conducting one transfer business at a time, given how much it has already taken to close this one I doubt we will have enough time for another acquisition once it’s done.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Romano is, for the most part, a hack. Most of his “breaking news” tweets come after a story has broken elsewhere yet people hang on his every word.

He’ll even quote tweet a club announcement and somehow people will post his tweet as if he’s the one delivering the news.

He plays the same “throw enough shit at the wall” game the other journos do.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Romano is, for the most part, a hack. Most of his “breaking news” tweets come after a story has broken elsewhere yet people hang on his every word.

He’ll even quote tweet a club announcement and somehow people will post his tweet as if he’s the one delivering the news.

Bollocks.

Nero

He has a legion of acoloytes in his back pocket, all too weak at the knees to realise they are being played.

DevilRed

He is a tap in merchant of the highest order. But its 2023 and he is definitely making a decent living just by having his twitter notifications on lockdown.

However, I'll say that when it comes to Italian clubs, he has broken some transfers and he does have some inside info.

Leftback99

But if he's the first you'll ignore it, right?
I might put my own tweet out now and then I'm ITK.

"Exclusive. Onana, done dealio! Other goalkeepers were on the the list but Ten Hag only wanted Andre. He'll be in Manchester at some point"

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’m not precious over anyone. Just bored reading the same moans in every thread.
Why are you so precious about moaning about his business model?
It was being discussed so I joined a conversation. You understand this is a discussion forum, right?

I’m not precious about it at all and definitely don’t exert as much emotion as you and a few others seem to.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I might put my own tweet out now and then I'm ITK.

"Exclusive. Onana, done dealio! Other goalkeepers were on the the list but Ten Hag only wanted Andre. He'll be in Manchester at some point"
Da feck are you on about? You've just contradicted your own point. Any numpty can claim to be an ITK but nobody cares. When Romano posts it, it's legit and people react accordingly. If he was just making shit up, nobody would care when he finally gives the confirmation of the transfer.

IrishRedDevil

It was being discussed so I joined a conversation. You understand this is a discussion forum, right?

I’m not precious about it at all and definitely don’t exert as much emotion as you and a few others seem to.
My contribution to the discussion was telling you to go and do it better.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What's bizarre is the spoilt brat attitude of some on here when he tweets an update that isn't enough of an update for them so they start labelling him a fraud.
You’ll struggle to find any examples of me doing that, but he brings it on himself by posting the same empty nothing “updates” multiple times when there’s nothing to actually say.

Teja

Yess super psyched to see him in the Arsenal game. Going there next weekend! Hoping for something close to full strength for a little while at least.

Onana, AwB, Varane, Martinez, Shaw, Case, Mount, Bruno, Antony, Shaw, Rashford.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Yess super psyched to see him in the Arsenal game. Going there next weekend! Hoping for something close to full strength for a little while at least.

Shaw’s fit but is he that fit?

Leftback99

Da feck are you on about? You've just contradicted your own point. Any numpty can claim to be an ITK but nobody cares. When Romano posts it, it's legit and people react accordingly. If he was just making shit up, nobody would care when he finally gives the confirmation of the transfer.
So do you genuinely belive that he has inside info and access to every club and agent across the world in order to break this news?

Don't you find it odd that despite this unprecedented level of access to the inner workings of football across the world, he only has any news during transfer windows?

The_Midfielder

One question ..
Is he a better shot stopper than Ederson?
From the YouTube highlights, Onana's shot stopping doesn't look good.. All he has is passes..
Ederson is an average shot stopper but amazing with his feet.. Is Onana as good in shot stopping ..
How do you think oppositon teams will tackle us now ? Will it be long balls?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
As someone who doesn't care too much about it so perhaps I'm missing something, but I feel Romano's somewhere in the middle. He has got some legit sources and that's what allowed him to make his name, but he's somehow become 'the' ITK that people go to for everything, and because of the attention (and money) that brings he pretends to be ITK about all of it. Sometimes it's stuff that he's got legit sources about, other times it's him just pretending or copying what others (who he thinks might actually have a proper source) are saying while he pretends to be the one breaking it.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Romano won’t be there. Or maybe he will. Boom!

Status
Not open for further replies.