g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Has the potential to be one of the most transformational signings we've made in a while. That's a very good price too.

Shaw/Rashford - new contracts
Mount and Onana - done.

Good summer so far, now a proper number nine and some departures.
Have to give credit where credit is due. Murtough & team has done a pretty good job since coming in. Lessons learnt?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Biggest single change we could make. So many are going to be gobsmacked at the difference in play.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Could be in Manchester or elsewhere…
Classic United transfer season.

Captmfla

Just hope we have a good backup for when he is off at AFCON
Did it work?
Heaton is definitely a very good backup.

On a good note, it's great that man utd is finally getting a new keeper after 12 long years!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Has the potential to be one of the most transformational signings we've made in a while. That's a very good price too.

Shaw/Rashford - new contracts
Mount and Onana - done.

Good summer so far, now a proper number nine and some departures.
Casemiro and Martinez were pretty transformational as well TBF. But yeah Onana will be up there

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Very excited for this. ETH is the most transformational signing. Everyone he is signing will be capable of playing the football he wants and whilst DeGea for me has been our only truly world class performer since SAF retired he’s regressed and was never capable of ETH ball. There may need to be a trade off in terms of DeGeas shot stopping abilities but overall the impact should be huge with the manager we have.

Strats

When we look back at this signing in a few years time, it will be an absolute outrage over the fact that he wasn’t announced today.

DeGea

I just fear he will be a Barthez.
Lots of hype about playing the ball out etc and then calamitous moments which are costly.
I hope he doesn’t get found out in the PL.
All the best Onana!

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Lots of hype about playing the ball out etc and then calamitous moments which are costly.
All the best Onana!
You would think that though given he’s taking your job.

Captmfla

Onana's playing ability seems to be similar to De Gea but Onana has better dribbling and passing.

suheilsworld

Simon Stone reporting we have agreed to the fee on BBC

Manchester United have agreed a fee of 51m euros (£43.7m) for Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana, with an additional 4m euros (£3.4m) in add-ons.

Bertie Wooster

All the best Onana!
Fair attempt at a limerick.

But it's meant to be an AABBA rhyming scheme, with the 3rd and 4th lines the shortest. :)

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Good price considering the Henderson sale - £25m or so to replace de Gea, which given he has been our goalkeeper for over a decade, could have been a potentially mammoth task. Let's hope he's good enough and for more of a van der Sar - de Gea situation rather than a Schmeichel replacement palaver.

DevTheRed

This is going to be such a game changer for us. It’s ridiculous how many aspects of our game will change just because of this guy coming in.. absolutely buzzing.

Cloud7

Kind of funny that the club is always last to announce deals nowadays.
Isn’t this the case with most clubs nowadays, that it usually breaks via a journalist before the club itself? I don’t actually follow any other clubs transfers to have a point of reference but at least for us it’s been this way for a while

resimad7

Why does the club never officially announce the fact we’ve agreed a fee for players anymore? The only word that officially comes out of the club is after they are signed.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Decent fee, and it looks like we didn’t get fleeced for a change. Thought that might be the case after DDG left.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
All the best Onana!
Be ready to have a completely different experience watching your team. With Onana instead of De Gea you'll be able to push up high safe in the knowledge that Onana is ready to come out pretty far to sweep up, and he's good at it, you'll be able to provoke teams into pressing high and he'll easily pick out a pinpoint pass to beat it. Someone called it a gamechanger. For a team that has had a keeper with De Gea's profile for so long, it will certainly feel like a gamechanger. Brilliant signing.

Donut

Be ready to have a completely different experience watching your team. With Onana instead of De Gea you'll be able to push up high safe in the knowledge that Onana is ready to come out pretty far to sweep up, and he's good at it, you'll be able to provoke teams into pressing high and he'll easily pick out a pinpoint pass to beat it. Someone called it a gamechanger. For a team that has had a keeper with De Gea's profile for so long, it will certainly feel like a gamechanger. Brilliant signing.
Isn’t he the worst sweeper in the world according to the stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.