André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarstoolProphet

Probably, going into next season as Martial main striker there's problems, unless EtH has some other plans? Striker needed first work on the rest after that.
ETH said post-match Leeds that they are working hard on signing a striker and United fans should relax.

Frasbul

everclear is a cool band. yeah they still exist.
He is though. His stats show he's a perfectly good keeper. For some weird reason all the focus on him being a good ball playing keeper has already created a myth that he's shit at actually saving shots
The stats really don't show that. The stats for the last CL campaign do, that is true. But that's about it. Statistically his last season at Inter in Seria A was very average. As were his Ajax seasons. I also get the impression from a simple eye test.

Hester_manc

I am not sure if Onana is an up-grade to De Gea. My impression is that De Gea is better at saving shots, which is kind of important for a goalkeeper. But Onana is clearly better with his feets.

steve88

The stats really don't show that. The stats for the last CL campaign do, that is true. But that's about it. Statistically his last season at Inter in Seria A was very average. As were his Ajax seasons. I also get the impression from a simple eye test.
So you dont rate him then, I think he will make mistakes as all players do nut he will make hod saves and his passing game will help us dominate games

OrcaFat

I am not sure if Onana is an up-grade to De Gea. My impression is that De Gea is better at saving shots, which is kind of important for a goalkeeper. But Onana is clearly better with his feets.
I think you will remain “not sure” until you see him play for us or, more pointedly, until you’ve seen us play with him in the team.

steve88

He will be as in style of
I think you will remain “not sure” until you see him play for us or, more pointedly, until you’ve seen us play with him in the team.
Agree he may mot be as hood at shot stopping as de gea but ain't bad jinsrlf plus he will allow us to play further forward

Eric_the_Red99

I’m going to wager he doesn’t make an individual error with his feet all season.
I’ll take that bet. (Mainly because if he makes zero mistakes all season it will mean he’s not doing anything risky, which kinda defeats the purpose of a player like Onana)

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Picture of Onana seemingly having a medical.
doesn't say anything - it's him on a chair seemingly undergoing exams. The implication being potential medical for a move
Looks like he’s in a medical facility.
here's the post:

Apologies. Like others have said he’s on a chair and it looks like a medical type thing is going on.
Thanks caftards. Can't remember this many replies this quickly :D

Ted Lasso

Fck his medical. Just saw his latest formal IG post about the Onana Foundation which is an incredible NGO. Helping get pediatric surgeries to kids among other things. It looks like one of the most impactful philanthropic efforts from a footballer I've seen. I love this guy already.

https://andreonana1.com/en/foundati..._ctOCnCYo0ozeV7hdIl2et7vSkyU_yCL05hG3Pd_6GMhA

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
It might even be the ice/compression recovery. Either way its not a medical so no point getting excited.
The normatec legs he has on are to help circulation and decrease inflammation apparently so not a medical, people get too excited

BarstoolProphet

I did not see that in his post match interview...do you have the link?
Don't have the link, saw the interview right after the match.

He said when specifically asked about signing a number 9:

"When we have news we will tell you, but we don't have at the moment. But the United fans can relax, we are working very hard on it."

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Maybe it's a photo of when he had the medical with Inter

Status
Not open for further replies.