André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Good signing. But you obviously need good cover as he spends most of his time building the stadiums for the AFCON. It might have been wiser to get him on a free.

cafecillos

Good signing, probably one of the best keepers in the market that were somewhat attainable. In United terms, he's a massive improvement and you're going to be a much stronger team from day one with him.

SoCross

I’m personally very worried now that since I’m 34 and my body has been declining the moment I hit 30, I’m not sure I’ll be around to see Onana sign for us.

Riz

Ten Hag was confirmed manager in April 2022 and started preparations early after Ajax won the league. Onana signed for Inter in July 2022?
Onana would have agreed the Inter contract long before the summer, probably signed a pre-contract agreement back in January 2022 when he was eligible to speak to other clubs outside of the Netherlands.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ten Hag was confirmed manager in April 2022 and started preparations early after Ajax won the league. Onana signed for Inter in July 2022?
No July is when his contract started and when Inter announced it officially but it's not when both parties agreed. The reports of the agreement between Onana and Inter were in November and confirmed by the likes of RMCsport early January 2022.

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football...de-cinq-ans-avec-l-inter_AV-202201040135.html

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Agreed to join Inter on January 2022 as a free agent.
Confirmed to have joined Inter on 2nd July 2022.

NLunited

I came here to say something precisely like this, we can't keep finding ourselves in situations where we buy a new GK AFTER our #1 leaves. It's been clear as day since a few seasons now that we're in need of a "modern" (for lack of a better word) GK, we planned nothing and ended up spending 50m on a keeper. I'm not unhappy about it, but ideally you want a keeper to displace your #1, not replace him after he leaves.

Hope we improve here, we're going to need our scouts to pull up their socks.
We are lucky we got Onana for what we are paying for him.

We were not going to get an expensive gk to challenge DeGea who was on 375k a week.

Letting DeGea go was the right move.

Onana would not have been signed by us in Jan 2022, nor would he have signed for us. 0% chance.

Superunknown

Bit worried that he'll be 30 soon. Hope he comes with a walking stick. Those 60 flights a year to the AFCON can't be good for the knees either.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Can we please please please now go and get a centre forward. It was disgrace not to have one last season - to stretch that to a second is totally unacceptable.

Would be nice to make one phone to Levy just to make sure he won't sell to us. I do get the feeling Kane would prefer to say in the PL

Golden Nugget

Bit worried that he'll be 30 soon. Hope he comes with a walking stick. Those 60 flights a year to the AFCON can't be good for the knees either.
It is definitely concerning. Keepers are known to be the most physically demanding position. He’ll last 1 year tops

Superunknown

I'm more worried about the cataract, at his age it's fairly common.
So, that's the cataracts, dodgy hands from long range shots, season ticket to the AFCON + nearly drawing his pension soon.

That should be more than enough to knock £3million off the asking price. We should walk away if that's not agreed.

Fox outside the box

Can we please please please now go and get a centre forward. It was disgrace not to have one last season - to stretch that to a second is totally unacceptable.

Would be nice to make one phone to Levy just to make sure he won't sell to us. I do get the feeling Kane would prefer to say in the PL
What makes you think we haven't? The club don't exactly brief the press after every conversation. What we feed off is crumbs and stretched/made up stories. We won't know of 99% of the conversations and goings on day to day.

It seems to me like we had genuine interest in Kane (and who needing a striker wouldn't?) but that it was put to bed pretty swiftly and we've decided to crack on rather than waste our time. Seems like we wanted the midfield option, keeper and now a striker to be sorted before going on tour. Any others will likely be less key in terms of getting them embedded or will rely on sales, so we've accepted we likely won't have any others for the full tour.

I expect we will go in hard for a striker and try to wrap that up before we go on tour, or at least have them join and only have missed a game or so.

surf

He's still got 3 years left to serve on his 5-year drug suspension. Good signing, though, as we can play Henderson or O'Shea in the meantime.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ok I am out. Last couple of pages are so random, not sure if its right place to discuss our new signing.

NLunited

Worried about this signing, he isn't as good of a shotstopper as DDG and DDG also knew the league well. So Onana needs time to settle in, think it could take him like 2 seasons to adjust and at this point he will be almost 30. And when you hit 30 your body naturally declines, so we won't ever get the best out of Onana.

Should have signed him on a free last season.
Don’t forget he will be gone for 2 months playing for his national team.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Here we go is such a basic statement, how come it becomes so popular? it's like you saying good morning that's not special at all because let's be honest it's most likely a shite morning anyway.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The signing of Andre Onana makes him the first ever player to play for Manchester United who's surname is 5 or more letters long but is only made-up of 3 letters*

Really makes you think doesn't it.

*I have no idea if this is actually true or not.

PSV

The signing of Andre Onana makes him the first ever player to play for Manchester United who's surname is 5 or more letters long but is only made-up of 3 letters*

Really makes you think doesn't it.

*I have no idea if this is actually true or not.
There's like a super obvious one.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i never feel comfortable with a left-footed goalkeeper between the sticks. they don’t push off correctly and it often means they concede goals that right-footed keepers save.

Superunknown

It is definitely concerning. Keepers are known to be the most physically demanding position. He’ll last 1 year tops
I'm worried he'll get injured during the signing of the contract. Best hope he doesn't use Tiktok or Twitter, since that isn't good on the thumbs either.

Status
Not open for further replies.