Andreas Granqvist

Mcking

Lindelof and Granqvist looked solid because they played a formation of 9-0-1 (not far from the truth btw). They had 4 midfielders guarding them and the defenders only job was to disrupt play, not keep possession or build up attacks, just hoof the ball anywhere with all their might. Any defender looks good in that, Lindelof did and look at him here now.
I don't think there's much difference between a 9-0-1 and a 8-1-1 which is basically our current formation. It is just that we are shite.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Giggsyking

he was good in the world cup. He will be a quick fix. He is a leader but he is not young, I have doubts of him coping with the tempo of the league.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Really - why not just recall tuanzbe?
Right now what United needs in defense is someone with experience and that gives confidence to the rest of the team. It would be too heavy of a burden on Tuanzebebe at the moment and you already have Lindeloff and Bailly.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Lindelof are all still at the club, and yet we are having to resort to signing Granqvist on a half a season loan deal. Absolute madness!

AshRK

So let me get this straight, the same board did not sanction the purchase of perisic, willian and others but are happy signing this guy.

Brophs

The One and Only
We’ll have to be quick or one of the many other top teams that are in for him will do the deal first

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Lindelof are all still at the club, and yet we are having to resort to signing Granqvist on a half a season loan deal. Absolute madness!
Granqvist might not be the greatest option and it'll probably won't happen but he's type of centre back that United badly need at the moment, a leader at the back.
Really - why not just recall tuanzbe?
He's too busy warming the Aston Villa bench.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
I had no idea the Swedish second division was that good.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Granqvist might not be the greatest option and it'll probably won't happen but he's type of centre back that United badly need at the moment, a leader at the back.
I get that we need experience at the back. The point I was trying to make is that our board knows exactly which kind of CBs we have, and yet they chose not to do anything about it over the summer, despite options like Alderweireld and Maguire being potentially available, and Jose keeping tabs on Koulibaly and Skriniar. Now we'll have a bloated squad with reduced playing time for the out of favour CBs, and potential for more disruption in the team dynamics, all to accommodate a short term option.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
His best ability was to babysit lindelof. Which means we can look forward to 2 shit Swedish cbs in our team

Stadjer

To be fair you have to be some kind of demi God to make Lindelof look like a good defender and he did do that during the world cup.... so.....

Serious though... never did i ever expect this when he played for FC Groningen. It is kinda sad if it is true though

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Surely if we’re going down that route then John Terry is a more obvious choice?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He has retired and is now Aston Villa’s assistant manager.
He has, but only today. If Jose was going down this road then you’d think he’d have given his old captain a ring at some point in the last few weeks. After all, he was touting himself round Europe looking for a new club.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Since when is 11 starts in 14 games warming the bench? I know the Championship is no top league like the Swedish second division but at least don't make shit up.
I'll retract that and note semi regular starter in one of leakiest defenses in the Championship. I'm sure he's the right man to sort out the United defense.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Surely if we’re going down that route then John Terry is a more obvious choice?
A man who demanded an option to miss games against Chelsea if Villa were to go up written in his new contract?

United Pro

I think many are massively underrating him here, but whether we should be targeting him over others is another question. From what I've seen of him playing for Sweden, he's very good at organising and leading a defence. A 6 month loan wouldn't be the worst deal.