Andreas Granqvist

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Smart signing he could be our new Khalid Boularhouz. Give him the number 7 shirt while we are at it.

Devil may care

Coincidentally Mourinho is also the third manager under whom our players seem to be unrested, Mourinho meanwhile won titles at Real and Chelsea even if he got sacked, whereas ever since SAF has departed we haven't won a single title. So there's a clear pattern that ever since SAF has departed we fail to win the titles and sooner or later our players lose their shit and are discontent with every manager's approach.

And again, our players are not the ones to question him playing Pogba as a semi-CB, especially given that it has won us the game in the end and even more so when they obviously fail to execute his orders (which is, i.a., playing it from the back). People are discontent when we hoof it from the defence but at the same time seem to have a problem when Mourinho picks a drastic measure such as playing Pogba as a ball-playing-semi-CB-what-is-this type of role to play it from the back. You really have to make up your mind on that.
The large bulk of this team that are unsettled aren't even from Moyes time though, we've changed so many since then, I mean the bench on Saturday had 3 of his own buys on it, players he picked out to come to the club yet he doesn't deem good enough to start, it was his £200M spent on midfield and striker that were getting smashed by one of the worst teams in the league at half time, to me the players at our club have yet to be under a manager that brings a positive, attacking approach with them, you look at City, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and now even fecking Chelsea and their players look like they are enjoying their football when they step onto the pitch, ours looks like they are punching their ticket in the Bruce Springsteen song 'The Factory'. However if you insist of blaming them as well maybe the answer if to get rid of the whole lot, manager, big chunk of the players and of course Woodward, but my view is Mourinho can't change, ultimately he is the bus from Speed, under a a manager with a different approach I think this team can be much better, can be lifted, can be inspired and can compete, I truly believe the last 2 managers have fostered hostile atmosphere's and prioritzed negative football at the club and that doesn't help anyone.

As far as whether they are to question him, none of them did, secondly I know they are bad playing out from the back, I've never said otherwise, but then why did we sell Blind who was a better defender than Lindelof and Rojo and can stay fit unlike Jones and actually play out from the back? That aside my point wasn't about the why of making the change, it's the interview after where he publicly says he did it because none of the CB's can play out from the back, that to me is classless and just bad management, it serves nothing, we won, all he had to do was accenuate the positiveness of the spirit and comeback, highlight the performances of Pogba, Martial and Mata, talk about being pleased for Sanchez to get off the mark after a rocky start this season, instead he digs out his already shaky CB's again, to me it's just bad man management and serves no purpose other than Mourinho using them so he can take another shot at the board for not getting him a CB in the summer, same way he's using McTominay as a pawn to do this by playing him as a CB.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
If woodward won't give mourinho the money to sign a better centre back why are people freaking out we are going for a stop gap?
I've seen stop gap transfers stepping up to become quite solid players. I can remember a few of them from the top of my head. Jonas comes to my mind. he came as a stop-gap hiring at 2014/15 due to our lack of depth in striker position. 99 goals and 31 assists on 112 league games.

Crashoutcassius

Because apparently he’s shite.
Nobody has seen him play except in wc when he played fantastic.

Agree its wierd that we are after a player playing at this level. Just don't get the comments that he isn't top class - we can't afford a good defender. Should we just persist with what isn't working or sign a player that we are allowed to sign

spwd

Agree its wierd that we are after a player playing at this level. Just don't get the comments that he isn't top class - we can't afford a good defender. Should we just persist with what isn't working or sign a player that we are allowed to sign
I’ve no idea how good he is, I’m just going off this thread. We can afford a good defender as long as he fits Eds profile and I’m sure there are better options out there by the sounds of it.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

He is shite

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Really - why not just recall tuanzbe?
He's not tall enough. ;)
In all seriousness, I believe Jose is looking for someone with experience and will make immediate improvements to our defence.
Asking a youngster to step in and make instant impact would be unrealistic and unfair on the youngster.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Joe.co.uk? is that the website who created Van Gaal dancing video before He got sacked?
Yep.
They made some brilliant videos.
Remember the "I need £100M to implement my philosophy." Only for Jose to come from behind to say, "Millions are lost to this type of fraud.".