Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlowe78

Can't underestimate the fact that the player just has to adapt quickly. Probably helps that Andreas speaks 5 languages too.
Yes, there's no denying that, as well. He seems to have the personality and mind that can get him places, he just needs time on the pitch and the right handling. He looks like an absolutely top prospect so I hope we keep faith in him.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Can't underestimate the fact that the player just has to adapt quickly. Probably helps that Andreas speaks 5 languages too.
Yea I'd say there is close to zero chance we send any of our youth players on loan to a country they don't speak the language and off the top of my head we don't have any other young players who speak Spanish.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yea I'd say there is close to zero chance we send any of our youth players on loan to a country they don't speak the language and off the top of my head we don't have any other young players who speak Spanish.
I don't think Januzaj spoke German, did he? I think it wasn't too bad because most of their team most likely speak English anyway, and he seemed to gravitate toward Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan who both speak French too (fairly sure Adnan is Walloon- French speaking Belgian).

khoazany

Gomes speaks Portuguese and if I'm not wrong it's quite easy to learn Spanish if you already knew Portuguese. Gribbin seems also know Spanish.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Gomes speaks Portuguese and if I'm not wrong it's quite easy to learn Spanish if you already knew Portuguese. Gribbin seems also know Spanish.
Forgot about Gomes being Portuguese. That's interesting Gribbin knows it, where did you hear that? If he doesn't make it here it would be nice to see him try a move to Spain. Learning another language goes against how is attitude is usually portrayed, shows good commitment.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would be nice to see Gomes get a similar experience as Pereira at some point.

JON.B

Sloop
Fantastic goal, hopefully he comes back in the summer and becomes an important player for the first team next season.

liamp

Anyone know where he's been playing lately for Granada? I saw a random post on Reddit indicating that he's being deployed as midfielder lately for them, but I have no idea how to confirm. Could provide nice depth for us next year...maybe even push Herrera in a #8 role.

Devil may care

Cracking goal but feck are Granada a chore to watch.

Anyone know where he's been playing lately for Granada? I saw a random post on Reddit indicating that he's being deployed as midfielder lately for them, but I have no idea how to confirm. Could provide nice depth for us next year...maybe even push Herrera in a #8 role.
Granada played 3-4-3 tonight and Pereira was one of the 2 CM's.

manunited1919

Was not in Granada's squad today.

Any chance we have recalled him.

Would get plenty of games in midfield in the four competitions imo.

I too would like to see Pereira get games in our midfield. But who will he replace? Martial? Rashford? Mata? Mhikitaryan? All of these players will definitely be ahead of him in the pecking order. So he will have to compete/displace Lingard/Fellaini/Rooney to get some games next year.

Mike09

I too would like to see Pereira get games in our midfield. But who will he replace? Martial? Rashford? Mata? Mhikitaryan? All of these players will definitely be ahead of him in the pecking order. So he will have to compete/displace Lingard/Fellaini/Rooney to get some games next year.
Some of them will have poor games and that's when he will need to take his chances. He's likely to replace Lingard, I think Lingard will be sold or loaned out if he wants to play more games. He hasn't play much at all this season.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Some of them will have poor games and that's when he will need to take his chances. He's likely to replace Lingard, I think Lingard will be sold or loaned out if he wants to play more games. He hasn't play much at all this season.
I hope he comes in at CM as Herrera understudy tbh.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Rooney and fellaini won't be here next season

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I wonder if he has it in him defensively and positionally to adapt to the Herrera role in the team. Offensively he does since his passing and shooting is atleast on par with and likely will be better than Herrera's.

Would be nice to find rotation\competition for Ander in a player we already have so we can make a holding\dm our only midfield purchase in the summer.

criticalanalysis

I wonder if he has it in him defensively and positionally to adapt to the Herrera role in the team. Offensively he does since his passing and shooting is atleast on par with and likely will be better than Herrera's.

Would be nice to find rotation\competition for Ander in a player we already have so we can make a holding\dm our only midfield purchase in the summer.
He'll have to do a 'Fletcher' and completely change his physical training.

Herrera is not strong by any means but he uses his body, weight and height very well (for his style of play anyways). Peirera is probably literally a stone or two lighter and no amount of tenacity and effort can match that in terms of effectiveness.

I don't think it's possible tbh and might be asking too much of him to 'convert' to a more defensive role. He should model his game on prime Oscar (who I rated).

I think I said it earlier in this thread but he should be fighting for Lingard's spot next season. Jesse needs to look over his shoulder imo.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
He'll have to do a 'Fletcher' and completely change his physical training.

Herrera is not strong by any means but he uses his body, weight and height very well (for his style of play anyways). Peirera is probably literally a stone or two lighter and no amount of tenacity and effort can match that in terms of effectiveness.

I don't think it's possible tbh and might be asking too much of him to 'convert' to a more defensive role. He should model his game on prime Oscar (who I rated).

I think I said it earlier in this thread but he should be fighting for Lingard's spot next season. Jesse needs to look over his shoulder imo.
He plays deeper than Lingard though and with good reason. Have you seen his game against Madrid? He played in cm in that game and you can see how he is adapting his game to it.

He won't press and harry as much as Herrera does but he uses his body and balance well when in possession.

Despite originally thinking it would be Herrera he'd be understudy to I'm now starting to think it will be Pogba that he rotates in for.

His game is much more similar to Pogbas than it is to Herreras. It will mean not as many chances but he will be able to play his natural game when he does get on the pitch.

criticalanalysis

He plays deeper than Lingard though and with good reason. Have you seen his game against Madrid? He played in cm in that game and you can see how he is adapting his game to it.

He won't press and harry as much as Herrera does but he uses his body and balance well when in possession.

Despite originally thinking it would be Herrera he'd be understudy to I'm now starting to think it will be Pogba that he rotates in for.

His game is much more similar to Pogbas than it is to Herreras. It will mean not as many chances but he will be able to play his natural game when he does get on the pitch.
On technical ability, he is definitely way ahead of Lingard but to play in CM, his chances would likely be limited to sub appearances and in Cup games. No way (unless Mourinho does a 180 and/or his progress goes off the radar) will he be starting or be the first choice replacement for Pogba, which is why his realistic place in the team would be battling Lingard as the 1st/2nd attacking choice off the bench and in Cup games.

I'd agree though that he has that mix of technique, agility and tenacity to do well in CM if he gets chance and the team is set up in a good way i.e not expecting him to run the central midfield himself and playing in a two (which would expose his limitations and give little chance to succeed) etc.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He's a special talent but I'm not sure he will develop under Jose. I just dont think he trusts young players (especially midfielders)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's a special talent but I'm not sure he will develop under Jose. I just dont think he trusts young players (especially midfielders)
Think he's trying to show this season that he does trust younger players and has a special way of dealing with them.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
I really like the idea of the following midfield next year:
-----herrera-----pogba-------------
------------perrerira----------------
-----------front three---------------

TheSweeper

Think he's trying to show this season that he does trust younger players and has a special way of dealing with them.
By? If you are referring to martial; I wouldn't call him young in term of experience - age Yes.

Rashford has been poorly utilized. Fosu mensah won't get a game in DM. Lingard & Shaw have question marks on them that have multiplied during Jose's tenure. Tuenzebe is all it's & buts.

To be fair - playing youth right now isn't the way we should be going but neither does there seem to be an open door to players that can make a step up when someone like Ibrahimovic doesn't even get subbed for our second best striker in Rashford.

The one negative in this is that we will only be as good as we can collectively as a team. We could never completely surprise the opposition team in to stepping outside their comfort zone.
Maybe that's why we have struggled against the better teams & done magnificently against the smaller ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.