Andreas Pereira image 15

Andreas Pereira Brazil flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

So he is going to Valencia?
Last thing I saw on Friday was that he's staying.

izec

It's not really much of an extension. By the time his loan finishes he'll be back down to one year on his contract.
Well he doesnt seem daft to sign a long contract. He wants to see how much play time he will get. If he doesnt play much in the next 1 or 2 seasons, he will move away permanently. No point in extending for 5 years, the club has more power over you then.

DannyDee

It's not really much of an extension. By the time his loan finishes he'll be back down to one year on his contract.
If I read the news release right, we added a full year. Instead of having a full season left with an option, we now have 2 full seasons and an option to extend. Not much of a new deal, but gives us another full season before we have to panic. Hopefully, he has a strong year with Valencia and comes back ready to fight for a spot in midfield, although, there isn't really an easy spot to claim.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
No. He will have a full year with an option to extend for a further. Effectively two.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
It's a shame that Jose couldn't give him more game time and that he did not join a PL club.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No. He will have a full year with an option to extend for a further. Effectively two.
Yes, by the time this loan ends, he will have 1 year left on his contract with the option to extend another. AKA, the exact same position we were in last season when he returned from his Granada loan.

Pavl3n

So CBJ thread is closed, coz he's out on loan, but Pereira's thread is still open. Not that I want it closed, just wondering why are the double standards?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
So CBJ thread is closed, coz he's out on loan, but Pereira's thread is still open. Not that I want it closed, just wondering why are the double standards?
:lol: ffs get a grip. It has probably just slipped by unnoticed, I'm sure there is no double standards going on from the mods that give their spare time to look after these boards.

RedDevil@84

Because CBJ is an average player and Pereira is future CR7
Besides CBJ is English and the mods know that Brazilian youngsters are better than English ones

There you have your reasons :D :D

Pavl3n

:lol: ffs get a grip. It has probably just slipped by unnoticed, I'm sure there is no double standards going on from the mods that give their spare time to look after these boards.
;)
Pure curiosity, it's been killing me for days.
CBJ has some promise and just thought that a loan watch thread should be in the player performances forum.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Played 60 minutes.. How did he do?
From what I've seen, nothing special. Had a shot at goal, though. Not sure he should be playing as a (left) winger in 4-4-2, really.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Definitely talented. At the very least, he should be good enough to be in the first 15 or 16 for us.

A good year for Valencia though will put him on the radar of some of the big Spanish clubs I imagine.

izec

Atletico are tough to break down, they dont let you have much space and dont give you a lot of chances. They did alright, think Pereira did ok. Will get easier the next game i imagine

Bwuk

So frustrating to me that he's on loan.

I reckon he'd be perfect next to Pogba and Matic. Pereira isn't a 10 or a wide player to me, it's like when Spurs used to play Modric wide.

He's a CM and he's going to be superb, I just hope it's at United.

Yogesh911

Not sure if Valencia have actually qualified for the CL this year. But I'm interested to know if Periera would be Cup-tied if he played for them & came back to us in Jan

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So frustrating to me that he's on loan.

I reckon he'd be perfect next to Pogba and Matic. Pereira isn't a 10 or a wide player to me, it's like when Spurs used to play Modric wide.

He's a CM and he's going to be superb, I just hope it's at United.
Its hardly frustrating imo. He would be lucky to get 7-10 sub appearances here at a time when he needs consistent full speed, first team football to continue his development.

Bwuk

Its hardly frustrating imo. He would be lucky to get 7-10 sub appearances here at a time when he needs consistent full speed, first team football to continue his development.
I meant more I'd be happy giving him the game time here.

RedDF

With Fellaini rumoured to be out for a long time, we could've really used Pereira now.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
With Fellaini rumoured to be out for a long time, we could've really used Pereira now.
Mourinho didn't want him to go, according to Jose himself, whether or not he made the right decision himself (which at the time he may have done) he's probably fecked himself here, I don't think Mourinho is a forgiving man.

MadMike

Mourinho didn't want him to go, according to Jose himself, whether or not he made the right decision himself (which at the time he may have done) he's probably fecked himself here, I don't think Mourinho is a forgiving man.
Completely inconsequential in this case.

NoPace

I think we'd be fine except we don't have an attacking midfielder I could see Mourinho trusting in a 2, even against easy opposition at home. Mkhitaryan gives the ball away too much and Mata isn't strong enough. With Pogba and Fellaini out, I'm not sure who is #4 after Matic, Herrera and Carrick. Maybe Lindelof, though he'd presumably be a fairly defensive type much like Carrick or Matic.

Next year should be more balanced: Pogba and Matic starting most weeks, Herrera and Fellaini fighting to start when we play 3 proper central mids and Pereira getting whatever minutes are left over.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Fecker should have stayed and fought for his place.

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Fecker should have stayed and Doug for his place.
Don't know who Doug is, but from his point of view I can see why he moved. Only minutes he was likely to get here were in the league cup. Its just unlucky that Pogba and Fellaini are out at the same time but even then he'd be behind Matic and Herrera in the pecking order.

AshRK

Unfortunately, can't see him getting any playing time under jose any more. Jose doesn't like quitters and in Jose's book he will always be a quitter. Not saying that is correct or wrong but I can understand Jose's stance.

Strats

Don't know who Doug is, but from his point of view I can see why he moved. Only minutes he was likely to get here were in the league cup. Its just unlucky that Pogba and Fellaini are out at the same time but even then he'd be behind Matic and Herrera in the pecking order.
My only issue with his loan is going to Spain. Should have gone to a team like Palace or Newcastle to adapt to the Premier League.

Gibb11

My only issue with his loan is going to Spain. Should have gone to a team like Palace or Newcastle to adapt to the Premier League.
my thoughts exactly, although to counter Valencia as a club and thier fans are good for him in terms of getting used to the pressure

rotherham_red

Unfortunately, can't see him getting any playing time under jose any more. Jose doesn't like quitters and in Jose's book he will always be a quitter. Not saying that is correct or wrong but I can understand Jose's stance.
Steady on, he did get him to sign a new contract before letting him go... Hardly the beginning of a KDB/Lukaku-style situation IMO

MadMike

Why is it though?
Because it doesn't alter the result. Mad at him or not, Jose was not really planning to play Pereira. So it changes nothing.

He was behind at least 3 players in every position. And even if there was an injury crisis and he played, that still wouldn't alter his long term situation at the club. Pogba is only a couple years older than him and our main playmaker in MF for the foreseeable future. We have very talented wide players and AMCs. We have great options at DMF (not really Andreas' position anyway). All of them blocking Pereira's path to the first team for a good few years and the lad is 22.

To me, despite his talent, it feels that the timing for him to nail a place here is wrong and he's going to leave anyway in search of more opportunities. So Jose being unhappy with him has no bearing on the situation.

Silas

Steady on, he did get him to sign a new contract before letting him go... Hardly the beginning of a KDB/Lukaku-style situation IMO
We just activated the additional year on his existing contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.