5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

You're kidding yourself if you don't think Matic plays every game he's available.
I dont think he'll play every game, but the majority yes. However hes a big reason why we play the way we do. So I'd prefer us to move on from that

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I dont think he'll play every game, but the majority yes. However hes a big reason why we play the way we do. So I'd prefer us to move on from that
I know. But it's Jose innit. I like Matic, but he offers next to nothing when we're at home against the likes of West Brom. Especially in a 3 man midfield.

tedketterman

:lol:

Matic is class! Oh wait, he's not a young Brazilian so we should "move on" from having a great midfielder. Utterly mental mindset.

Renegade

I just don’t see him playing next season over Fellaini and Manager player of the year Mctominay. It’s unfortunate but I think him and Herrera won’t get a look in. If we play 3 in midfield even Lingard becomes a option.

Ekeke

Matic is class! Oh wait, he's not a young Brazilian so we should "move on" from having a great midfielder. Utterly mental mindset.
He's someone who always comes 2 yards from our CBs and demands the ball. He wants the ball all the time, thats why hes on the ball all the time and usually makes the most passes in the team.

He's also missing at times when teams attack us.

Yellow Black & Red

Supports
Watford
Echo the sentiments that he was the main bright spark again yesterday.
Matic and Pogba should continue to be the first names down on the team-sheet for central midfield, but then Fred and him should rotate for the third spot - with Matic sitting deep shielding the defence, Pogba furthest forward, and either Fred or Pereira picking up the pieces and linking play in-between.

He's looked a far more effective player than McT and Herrera.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers

Even without the freekick it was a decent battling performance from him with some nice passes and interceptions in an awful game and tactics. I can actually see him shine alongside other senior players if he's not benched for fellaini

Laurentiu amt

Even without the freekick it was a decent battling performance from him with some nice passes and interceptions in an awful game and tactics. I can actually see him shine alongside other senior players if he's not benched for fellaini
If felaini plays CDM in the 1st EPL game instead of Andreas we need to riot, the man has to fek off to italy or spain, where the people really love his drama.(obviously you can't fire a manager for not playing a guy, but man he's miserable these days)

Nick7

If felaini plays CDM in the 1st EPL game instead of Andreas we need to riot, the man has to fek off to italy or spain, where the people really love his drama.(obviously you can't fire a manager for not playing a guy, but man he's miserable these days)
He won't. He'll only just be back from holiday the week after next

Dante

Average bang
Aside from his ability, Pereira's demonstrated a great mentality this summer. You can tell how much he wants it.

This kid's really proving my doubts to be wrong. Long may it continue.

Acole9

Outstanding
That was a cracking free kick, been a real highlight of this tour.

Handré1990

I obviously saw his freekick, but have been travelling since before the tour started so not been able to catch any games?

How has he been? Will he start v Leicester?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That was a cracking free kick, been a real highlight of this tour.
He's always had a knack for set pieces.

He once scored directly from a corner too :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I obviously saw his freekick, but have been travelling since before the tour started so not been able to catch any games?

Short answer he's been very good, one of the standouts alongside Sanchez. He's got a very good chance of playing against Leicester as Matic is out for the start of the season. Mourinho's praised him quite often and his attitude has been excellent.

0le

Aside from his ability, Pereira's demonstrated a great mentality this summer. You can tell how much he wants it.

This kid's really proving my doubts to be wrong. Long may it continue.
This is what has impressed (and surprised) me the most.

Handré1990

Short answer he's been very good, one of the standouts alongside Sanchez. He's got a very good chance of playing against Leicester as Matic is out for the start of the season. Mourinho's praised him quite often and his attitude has been excellent.
That is good news indeed! Especially considering the bolded part, I have always been a big fan of his skills, but there have been question marks over his mentality. I’m going to be «that guy» and say he’s going to be our «new» CM signing:wenger:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Put it this way.

First game - Pereira was easily our best player.
Second game - Pereira and Sanchez our best players.
Third game - Pereira and Sanchez our best players.
Fourth game - Pereira and Sanchez our best players.

It's basically been the two of them in every match (Sanchez didn't play in the first one), and they've been so far ahead of everybody else it's kind of embarrassing. It's great for them, kind of worrying in regards to everybody else.

Considering Fred has only just had his first appearance as a late sub, Matic came back late and now picked up a knock, and Pogba not back yet, it should be pretty much a certainty that Pereira will start the first match and (as long as he performs well) likely the next few after that.

Handré1990

Put it this way.

First game - Pereira was easily our best player.
Second game - Pereira and Sanchez our best players.
Third game - Pereira and Sanchez our best players.
Fourth game - Pereira and Sanchez our best players.

It's basically been the two of them in every match (Sanchez didn't play in the first one), and they've been so far ahead of everybody else it's kind of embarrassing. It's great for them, kind of worrying in regards to everybody else.

Considering Fred has only just had his first appearance as a late sub, Matic came back late and now picked up a knock, and Pogba not back yet, it should be pretty much a certainty that Pereira will start the first match and (as long as he performs well) likely the next few after that.
Cheers, mate! Sounds exciting.

Zorewa

I think he has been good when on the ball and I appreciate how he attempts to play quickly and positively but...

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see him play a meaningful game as a defensive mid, the deepest of the three? He is way too slow, and both Milan and Liverpool were able to walk right through our midfield with almost no resistance. Tonight especially he had almost no support from the other 2 in there with him, but he still struggles to track runners or make tackles.

I think he should be getting minutes as an 8, as one of the box-to-box mids, but the center-backs will be exposed if he plays league or cup games as the defensive mid. He just isn't cut out for that role.
May be you are the only one! :lol: I don't think he is struggling in those aspects, that 1st half incident vs Milner shows how ready and brave enough he is when it comes to tackling and I remember in second half he tracked a runner and blocked cross to concede a corner.
Personally I'm satisfied with his off the ball work and I think he is good enough to be our 6, btw do you think he is slower than Matic?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

He HAS to play a lot this season. He just has to. Man, it's been a while I've seen those incisive passes. Pogba used to make ones, and he's shown it also in WC. But now with United, he's like a different player.

Canagel

I just don’t see him playing next season over Fellaini and Manager player of the year Mctominay. It’s unfortunate but I think him and Herrera won’t get a look in. If we play 3 in midfield even Lingard becomes a option.
He should be challenging Matic and starting ahead of him in some particular games let alone being behind Fellaini/McTominay. His decision to go out on loan has been vindicated. If he had stayed I'm 100% sure he wouldn't have made the same progress.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

We ought to send more youth players to Valencia. Excellent place to develop technical skills and tactical awareness.

criticalanalysis

We ought to send more youth players to Valencia. Excellent place to develop technical skills and tactical awareness.
Perhaps but in this case I think it's more Peirera's mentality (AND the luck of the World Cup forcing our hand with player personnel).

He was determined to go to Valencia and for him it was probably the right choice. He's a naturally offence minded player but he's put his mind to it to star in this deeper role, most importantly not neglecting the dirty work well.

I've always said he should be fighting and hopefully replacing Lingard's role in this team. By that I mean as possibly one of the first options off the bench for the front attacking players and if this pre-season is to go by perhaps take a midfield place, which then means we can push Pogba up (who then replaces Lingard).

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
he was always heading that direction IMO, to develop well, he is just too good, if anything helped him is the fresh air, not to be under this dinosaur ultra-defensive negative manager for a year does wonders. Also Pereira havent played a single game in midfield for Valencia iirc, only the year before he had a couple of games there for granada only to end up on the wing, surely anything can help but I am impressed that he plays this role so well despite not playing there for 2 years. In addition to that I think that you really need to be developped already to get a regular gametime for Valencia, when you look at the team, their players and their position in the league. It is not liek we will send a palyer there and he will become better

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Everyone is making up quotes these days, don't these people have better things to do in their life? especially if they aren't click bait journalists, what the feck are They doing? :confused:

yo@Kirk

In previous preseasons, Pereira wanted to be a winger and didn't show much enthusiasm for the deep lying playmaker role. This preseason, Pereira shows great enthusiasm for the deep lying playmaker role. I hope he plays a lot. He has the skills to break down the parked buses that caused a lot of dropped points last season.

J_XO

Been waiting for his breakthrough season for a while now. He looks ready. Should be ahead of Herrera, Fellaini and McTominay, his quality on the ball is miles ahead. Whether Jose can trust him yet remains to be seen.

maniwin

In previous preseasons, Pereira wanted to be a winger and didn't show much enthusiasm for the deep lying playmaker role. This preseason, Pereira shows great enthusiasm for the deep lying playmaker role. I hope he plays a lot. He has the skills to break down the parked buses that caused a lot of dropped points last season.
He will never be good enough as pure winger tbh , he lack pace and trickery.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
He's always had a knack for set pieces.

He once scored directly from a corner too :lol:

Am I correct in saying that in the game after this, he and Januzaj got a massive bollocking because they were both trying to score directly from every corner?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Am I correct in saying that in the game after this, he and Januzaj got a massive bollocking because they were both trying to score directly from every corner?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Been waiting for his breakthrough season for a while now. He looks ready. Should be ahead of Herrera, Fellaini and McTominay, his quality on the ball is miles ahead. Whether Jose can trust him yet remains to be seen.
I really hope so - but I have lost faith in Jose to pick the "right" players as he prefers age/experience

maniwin

I really hope so - but I have lost faith in Jose to pick the "right" players as he prefers age/experience
Maybe the biggest Bollocks about Jose Mourinho , play 20 years old Robben Regularly at Chelsea , picked 19 years old Davide Santon at Inter ,play teenager like kurt zouma and Raphael Varane , play Rashford regularly, pick McTominay , He plays you if you are mature , good enough and suit his system. Pep is the one who does not play youth enough but of course nobody point it out since he is the god of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.