Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He should definitely be ahead of Herrera and Mctominay. Not even a question.

binary bot
It'll be criminal if he's not getting a lot of chances next season.

Zlatattack

It's wonderful to see someone consistently passing forwards. He has a great passing range too. Seems a little one footed, though that never held Beckham back.

Andreas makes me happy! really impressed me the last games!

Our new "Carrick" and he is one of us.

Andreas behind Pogba and Fred and you got a dynamic midfield that can pass the ball forward quickly and have creativity!

First time in many years that i feel that we have a solid central midfield.:D
If Pogba does defensive duties too like he did at the WC, we could genuinely play these three together. Our attack would be phenomenal.

It's so refreshing to see some one with a forward passing mentality in front of the defence.

As much as I like the qualities that matic brings to the table Andreas just moves the ball faster and quicker than matic. Now seeing his dead ball ability , he should be the first name on the team sheet against Leicester.
This. 100% this.
Is it just me or did that ball get faster after it passed the wall?!

Sterling Archer

Idk if it's my memory revising itself or what but he looks much, much better this preseason. Is it his shift to a deeper role?

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Idk if it's my memory revising itself or what but he looks much, much better this preseason. Is it his shift to a deeper role?
He played a deeper role last season too. he just matured up a bit and bulked up big time too which helps him to win certain challenges which are key in no6 areas.
Interestingly don't think he played a game for Valencia in that role, always on the right wing IIRC do its even more impressive he adapted quickly to that role. Will only get better over time

Walters_19_MuFc

Mourinho has played him in the deeper role in the last few pre seasons. Just think it's the fact that he's maturing as a player. That loan to Valencia last season seems to have done him a lot of good. Hoping he can take this impressive form into the season and take his opportunity when he gets it.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Can’t wait for fellaini to come back so Andreas gets sent back to the reserves by Mourinho. You just know it’ll happen .

PoTMS

One positive we can take from today is this guy. Was head and shoulders our best player and I can't see how he doesn't start against Leicester in less than 2 weeks time. Hopefully he's given a fair crack to play there especially while our WC players are still recovering.

Canagel

I love this kid. He's got everything to reach the top. Give me 11 Periera's on the pitch I'll be happy. We need more players with this mindset and positive attitude to express themselves.

Last edited:

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Only 22 and has all the attributes - it seems - to be an incredible player. People say Jose isn’t the best with young players but really all he needs to do is let him play.

Walters_19_MuFc

Can’t wait for fellaini to come back so Andreas gets sent back to the reserves by Mourinho. You just know it’ll happen .
The same Fellani who played a massive part in getting Belgium through to the semi's of a world cup?

A couple good performances from Pereira won't cut it. He needs to do it consistently when given the chance, and I believe he has the ability to do so, but mugging off a seasoned pro, who has been there and done it, for a player who is yet to play more than ten competitive games for us is silly.

Fellaini has his uses, and so does Pereira. It's a squad and we'll need all of our players.

Sterling Archer

He played a deeper role last season too. he just matured up a bit and bulked up big time too which helps him to win certain challenges which are key in no6 areas.
Interestingly don't think he played a game for Valencia in that role, always on the right wing
IIRC do its even more impressive he adapted quickly to that role. Will only get better over time
Yeah that's right. He did ok in that role too, didn't he? Just this one seems a better fit. I'm impressed with the notable progress despite him not playing for Valencia as much as we'd hoped .

Mourinho has played him in the deeper role in the last few pre seasons. Just think it's the fact that he's maturing as a player. That loan to Valencia last season seems to have done him a lot of good. Hoping he can take this impressive form into the season and take his opportunity when he gets it.
For sure. Again, I know it's preseason but I'm excited to see him in regular matches this season. He has to get in ahead of McTominay .

NotQuiteManc

It's wonderful to see someone consistently passing forwards. He has a great passing range too. Seems a little one footed, though that never held Beckham back.
He is definitely not one-footed like Beckham. I remember him taking corner kicks on both sides, using either left or right foot. Not sure if he is really good on his left though. What I am really sure is that he deserves the chance to be at least ahead in the pecking order to be on the bench, or start with Matic and Pogba.

deafepl

I think Pereira is likely to bench Matic or Fred if been poor in games at the start of the season. If Fred is averaging 7/10+ performance, it will have to be Matic who have to worry about spots after injured and no pre-season. Jose prefer the type of players like Carrick, Alonso, etc.

Charles Miller

Fred looked like he was tripping on caffeine and put Pereira in troubles two times in few minutes.

imayur75

If Pogba does defensive duties too like he did at the WC, we could genuinely play these three together. Our attack would be phenomenal.

This. 100% this.

Is it just me or did that ball get faster after it passed the wall?!
He is two footed and has even taken corners in past with left foot.

imayur75

Always thought that if used in CM, he would become a good player. I also like his mentality how he wants to succeed at United. He gets what its to play for United. Watching pre season, its making me think that Mourinho seriously thinks about using Pereira more in that midfield role.

SpyLuke10

Honestly I think we should send McTominay out on loan to a lower premier league club or someone like that.

Pogba
Matic
Fred
Herrera
Pereira
Fellaini

I think this is a very good set of options to have in midfield imo, a group of 6. The top 2 in particular are of absolute top quality in their position, maybe/hopefully Fred can become one of the best in his position as well.

As for Scott McTominay, I don't see him playing at all over any of these 6 the way Pereira has been playing lately. Well... maybe, but I think Pereira has shown more potential so far in this preseason so he should be ahead of McTominay in the pecking order. In just a few preseason games I can tell Pereira has what it takes to make it at United.

With Pereira and Fred both effectively coming this year, I think and hope our midfield is sorted for now. We shouldn't really have any more problems with depth this season, and hopefully the 2 new inclusions can do a better job at filling in for Pogba's creativity if Pogba's out than the others were able to last season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Only good thing out of our pre-season so far (along with Sanchez being decent, but in a position he likely won't play so we'll see). He has quite a bit to learn of course but has all the talent to grow as a player. Hope he gets loads of game time. Also should be in charge of every set piece.

Sea-Cow

I think he has been good when on the ball and I appreciate how he attempts to play quickly and positively but...

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see him play a meaningful game as a defensive mid, the deepest of the three? He is way too slow, and both Milan and Liverpool were able to walk right through our midfield with almost no resistance. Tonight especially he had almost no support from the other 2 in there with him, but he still struggles to track runners or make tackles.

I think he should be getting minutes as an 8, as one of the box-to-box mids, but the center-backs will be exposed if he plays league or cup games as the defensive mid. He just isn't cut out for that role.

Last edited by a moderator:

Footyislife

Two totally different players. Even so, I've been really impressed with Pereira this pre-season and not only for his performances but his general demeanour off the pitch during training, interviews and press conferences too.
Matic has one spot, Pogba the other, Fred or Pereira both could play as the B2B energy player even tho they are different players. Tho I think it's going to be Fred/Herrera & Pogba/Pereira. Don't like Pereira too far back as he doesn't quite have good positioning to overcome his lack of defensive skills yet.

Hamadovich86

Seems like the only positive thing about this preseason, I want him to get a chance hes earned it.

haram

Well Pogba, Fellaini, Lingard and Matic will probably miss the opening game so I’m guessing he will start.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The only positive about the pre-season. Impressed with his passion, passing, and discipline. Just hope he doesn't get pushed out in preference to McTom, Fellaini and Herrera when they're available.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The kid is class.

Love his passion, clearly wants to impress and has done so far.

Beautiful free kick and really knitted our poor attempts at possession together.

If McTominay gets a squad spot over Pereira then Jose can sod off

Ekeke

Was a great freekick.

I think aesthetically and offensively the hope should be that we can somehow piece together a setup where Pogba, Fred and Pereira can all be at their best in midfield at the same time. If Pogba can play with the discipline he did for France at the World Cup and Fred can do a lot of heavy lifting with the defensive work, maybe it can work out. We'll see how it goes but I'd definitely be interested to see it tried out for a few matches

Red00012

Great to see him scoring from a free kick beats seeing rashford standing over one.

settembrini

He's been the sole glimmer of light in a gloomy pre-season. Easily our best player and the injury to Matic should mean he starts the season in the first XI.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Was a great freekick.

I think aesthetically and offensively the hope should be that we can somehow piece together a setup where Pogba, Fred and Pereira can all be at their best in midfield at the same time. If Pogba can play with the discipline he did for France at the World Cup and Fred can do a lot of heavy lifting with the defensive work, maybe it can work out. We'll see how it goes but I'd definitely be interested to see it tried out for a few matches
You're kidding yourself if you don't think Matic plays every game he's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.