Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Andreas could also play on the wing. Basically, thats where he played on loan in Spain for 2 season
Given who we have available at the moment, think Mourinho would have tried him out wide if he saw him playing there ever. Only used him as the deep lying playmaker.

vangagal

Given who we have available at the moment, think Mourinho would have tried him out wide if he saw him playing there ever. Only used him as the deep lying playmaker.
Maybe Jose see him as one which is fair enough. He can play at wing, but maybe his ability more suit at mid. As long he gets his fair chances in coming season i'm happy regardless where he play. Andreas has the ability to make it.

TehRed

I have a feeling that Andreas will succeed Matic at the base of our midfield, in time. He's looked assured on the ball, his pace and trickery from time spent as a winger means he is good with players pressuring him and can get out of tight spots, and he has played with maturity beyond his years.

manunited1919

Andreas could also play on the wing. Basically, thats where he played on loan in Spain for 2 season
I’ve seen Andreas play on the wing, and he doesn’t look too special in that position. He does look really good as a 6 though.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He has a very high ceiling. Very few midfielders possess his technique. Hope the rest of hos game continues to imporve and he's given a genuine chance.

AlexUTD

Andreas makes me happy! really impressed me the last games!

Our new "Carrick" and he is one of us.

Andreas behind Pogba and Fred and you got a dynamic midfield that can pass the ball forward quickly and have creativity!

First time in many years that i feel that we have a solid central midfield.:D

Kostur

海尔的老板
Last season I thought he'd be out of the door, positively surprised by him this pre-season and happy with how he's performing. It seems that things between Mourinho and him are good too so hopefully this trend continues.

Classical Mechanic

Hope he plays. He looks confident. He's desperate to make it here. He isn't lying when he says its his 'dream'. He had the choice of every major club in Europe when he signed for us but has always wanted to play for United.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Is he good enough? Think he'll play against Leicester? Who does he play like?

I've honestly never watched him play. Could be like a new signing if he starts well.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I like how he passes between lines whenever it's possible. I don't know whether he'd replace Matic though, in terms of defensive contribution. Hope he gets games next season.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's played 13 times for United!
Cant remember any off the top of my head. I missed a lot of mid week games back in 2015/16 because of work. I've seen the freekick he scored in the League Cup, that's about it though.

Btw, anyone else think he looks abit like Smalling? Like a skinny version.

CA1

He'll stay.

Carrick will back it and him being pally with someone like Sanchez will tip it. Yes, I honestly believe something like that can tip it when not just the manger but senior players like you.

Very happy to have him, good versatility and good quality.

ash_86

If we want Carrick, this guy is the closest bet. Also, he has Carrick helping him out.

dutchred

seriously Id like to see him start on the right this year instead of Mata. Give Chong a game now and then. Eventually Chong on the right and Andreas replacing Matic

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Is he good enough? Think he'll play against Leicester? Who does he play like?

I've honestly never watched him play. Could be like a new signing if he starts well.
Consistent, drilled, forward and eye of the needle passes non stop. This is a Carrick player. This is a young Carrick. This is missing from our midfield.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I like how he passes between lines whenever it's possible.
It's the one thing especially (out of many qualities of course) that I'll miss about Carrick.

His ability to fire in a ball to an advanced position along the ground with unerring accuracy was always a joy to watch and instantly got us up the field and changed the pace of the game.

If Pereira can do that half as much as Carrick did then we'd already improve immensely.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The real test will be when he gets to play with Pogba who inevitably goes missing and provides absolutely zero defensive effort. We'll see how he compares to Matic then.

Kearnkoff69

It's the one thing especially (out of many qualities of course) that I'll miss about Carrick.

His ability to fire in a ball to an advanced position along the ground with unerring accuracy was always a joy to watch and instantly got us up the field and changed the pace of the game.

If Pereira can do that half as much as Carrick did then we'd already improve immensely.
I agree, and it makes our attack so much more dynamic when that happens. Ideally you'd have someone drilling the ball forward to Lukaku, who would have good movement around him so he could lay it off to a midfielder running beneath him, who would then be running at the defense at full bore and be able to either dribble or knock a first time pass to one of our wingers making a scything run.

That sort of passing, coupled with dynamic off the ball movement, forces a defense to shift on the fly and leaves bigger holes to exploit. Merely adding more direct forward passing could really help our attack look less static and leave more opportunities for our flair players to operate according to their best skill sets.

RuudTom83

Literally like having a new signing if he can make an impression.

I’m not a Fellaini hater but his presence in the squad will hinder Andreas progression.

ash_86

Literally like having a new signing if he can make an impression.

I’m not a Fellaini hater but his presence in the squad will hinder Andreas progression.
The way i see it, Fellaini has mostly been the plan B guy. When we desperately need a goal , Jose bring him on and he does his stuff. Those arnet Pereira's traits and hence i don't see Fellaini's chances going to Pereira and vice versa. Pereira is most likely to start a game whereas Fellaini would come as a sub mostly.

bosnian_red

I don't see the Carrick comparisons at all, he's a lot more an aggressive, agile, dribbling and attacking thinking player than Carrick. There similarities lie only in how he tries to pass it around when he gets the ball. I'd say he's more of a Modric type or a Thiago type. Agile, excellent technique, great range of passing but definitely attack minded even if he starts from deeper. Obviously not saying he can reach Modric's level, but in terms of what he can style himself as. Or a Scholes/Verratti. So he can't directly replace Matic since Matic provides a world of difference defensively, but its his on the ball qualities that we've severely lacked for a while. Someone to get on it and control games, spray the ball around but also feed it to attacking players quickly.

MadMike

The way i see it, Fellaini has mostly been the plan B guy. When we desperately need a goal , Jose bring him on and he does his stuff. Those arnet Pereira's traits and hence i don't see Fellaini's chances going to Pereira and vice versa. Pereira is most likely to start a game whereas Fellaini would come as a sub mostly.
I have three issues with Fellaini being the plan B:
a) It's fecking ugly
b) It actually rarely works and..
c) He's always on the bench for that reason, taking up a spot.

Expanding on c), you need 1 GK (obvious), 2 defenders (a CB and a fullback) and 2 forwards (a CF and a wide/#10 player) on the bench as minimum. That's 5/7. If Fellaini is taking one spot as plan B, it means Pereira is always in a battle to even make the bench. Especially if we're no playing 4-3-3 but 4-2-3-1. He's up against Fred, Herrera and McTominay for a spot on the bench.

My point is Fellaini's taking the spot of more versatile and overall better players on the bench, because he can head the ball. And he needs to play in games as well to keep match sharpness, like every player. So he'll start cup games as well. If at the end of the season Pereira decides to not renew and leave on the cheap (he's in his final year now, with an 1 year option) because he hasn't had enough minutes on the pitch due to not even making the bench most games, because of someone like Fellaini.... That will be a fecking tragedy.

AlexUTD

I don't see the Carrick comparisons at all, he's a lot more an aggressive, agile, dribbling and attacking thinking player than Carrick. There similarities lie only in how he tries to pass it around when he gets the ball. I'd say he's more of a Modric type or a Thiago type. Agile, excellent technique, great range of passing but definitely attack minded even if he starts from deeper. Obviously not saying he can reach Modric's level, but in terms of what he can style himself as. Or a Scholes/Verratti. So he can't directly replace Matic since Matic provides a world of difference defensively, but its his on the ball qualities that we've severely lacked for a while. Someone to get on it and control games, spray the ball around but also feed it to attacking players quickly.
No offence mate, but if your tagline is anything to go by it is hard believe in your analysis :lol:

I think Pereira is very similar to Carrick but i agree with you that he does possess similar qualites that Modric/Thiago has also.

You said: "I'd say he's more of a Modric type or a Thiago type. Agile, excellent technique, great range of passing but definitely attack minded even if he starts from deeper." Well Carrick might were alittle less agile but his positioning was perfect and very few else in world football had that quality after him.Range of passing was Carrick`s strongest quality and he was better than Thiago there and on par with Modric is my view.

Lets hope Pereira grows into a great player for us! im crossing my fingers atleast!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Young Carrick or Scholes :lol:

He's his own player, doesn't have the defensive awareness of Carrick or the offensive awareness of Scholes. A few long passes or hard passes through the lines don't change that.

I believe this is the best Pereira has been since his youth days, I watched him about 10 times for Valencia and he was much worse than this. He looks like a genuine competitor to Herrera as first back up option. Could even take over from Matic in 2 years if he makes these types of performances regularly in competitive play.

edgar allan

He's his own player, doesn't have the defensive awareness of Carrick or the offensive awareness of Scholes. A few long passes or hard passes through the lines don't change that.

I believe this is the best Pereira has been since his youth days, I watched him about 10 times for Valencia and he was much worse than this. He looks like a genuine competitor to Herrera as first back up option. Could even take over from Matic in 2 years if he makes these types of performances regularly in competitive play.
I hope so to, but it was a pre-season kick about.

bosnian_red

No offence mate, but if your tagline is anything to go by it is hard believe in your analysis :lol:

I think Pereira is very similar to Carrick but i agree with you that he does possess similar qualites that Modric/Thiago has also.

You said: "I'd say he's more of a Modric type or a Thiago type. Agile, excellent technique, great range of passing but definitely attack minded even if he starts from deeper." Well Carrick might were alittle less agile but his positioning was perfect and very few else in world football had that quality after him.Range of passing was Carrick`s strongest quality and he was better than Thiago there and on par with Modric is my view.

Lets hope Pereira grows into a great player for us! im crossing my fingers atleast!
Heh i got that tagline for not giving any likes on newbie points for like a year or 2 deapite being a "scout" during that time :lol:

Agree though. Dont think Pereira is Carrick like as he doesn't have that positioning naturally as part of his game and ability to organize the midfield and defence. Carrick had defensive intelligence as well as on the ball intelligence to control our passing... Pereira's football intelligence is very attacking based and creatively, not so much defensively. He works hard defensively and isn't afraid of getting stuck in, but you won't ever see a midfield 2 of Pereira and Pogba for example.

Acole9

Outstanding
He's getting better each match, certainly one of the stand outs from the tour although there aren't many.

AlexUTD

Heh i got that tagline for not giving any likes on newbie points for like a year or 2 deapite being a "scout" during that time :lol:

Agree though. Dont think Pereira is Carrick like as he doesn't have that positioning naturally as part of his game and ability to organize the midfield and defence. Carrick had defensive intelligence as well as on the ball intelligence to control our passing... Pereira's football intelligence is very attacking based and creatively, not so much defensively. He works hard defensively and isn't afraid of getting stuck in, but you won't ever see a midfield 2 of Pereira and Pogba for example.
Aha thats why! i was thinking scouting players! :lol:

Good points i agree :D

Charles Miller

The games i watched he was playing as winger for Valencia. I'll agree that he is worse as winger.

lawliet354

After seeing Perreira playing as no.6, Pjanic probably is the player that is the most similar with him imo

ash_86

I have three issues with Fellaini being the plan B:
a) It's fecking ugly
b) It actually rarely works and..
c) He's always on the bench for that reason, taking up a spot.

Expanding on c), you need 1 GK (obvious), 2 defenders (a CB and a fullback) and 2 forwards (a CF and a wide/#10 player) on the bench as minimum. That's 5/7. If Fellaini is taking one spot as plan B, it means Pereira is always in a battle to even make the bench. Especially if we're no playing 4-3-3 but 4-2-3-1. He's up against Fred, Herrera and McTominay for a spot on the bench.

My point is Fellaini's taking the spot of more versatile and overall better players on the bench, because he can head the ball. And he needs to play in games as well to keep match sharpness, like every player. So he'll start cup games as well. If at the end of the season Pereira decides to not renew and leave on the cheap (he's in his final year now, with an 1 year option) because he hasn't had enough minutes on the pitch due to not even making the bench most games, because of someone like Fellaini.... That will be a fecking tragedy.
I agree with these points. It all comes down to how Jose values Pereira. Last year too he got to a bright start and instead of staying and fighting for his place, he forced a loan move to Valencia. Hopefully he'll get more minutes but i don't see much scope for that due to us purchasing Fred. Last year was his perfect chance to get some minutes since Pogba was out for quite a bit and we were screaming for some distributor in the middle. Hopefully i'm wrong.

maniwin

Players who play like him and is brazilian with same age bracket would have cost us 30-40M , 50M+ if they also from EPL nowadays. He is CM ( 6 and 8 ) through and through, not agile enough to be 10 and not fast enough to be wide players.

Last edited:

deafepl

If he replaces Matic in 2 years and become consistent starters for us and averaging 7 or 8/10 a match like he do in last few pre-season friendlies, he'd be easily worth 100M+ in today market value.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
After seeing Perreira playing as no.6, Pjanic probably is the player that is the most similar with him imo
That's not a bad shout actually, a more agile Marchisio is another I'd compare him to. Sure he doesn't run a midfield like the best players do, however it's something he could grow into doing given time in the position.

SpyLuke10

Having been someone who wanted us to sign 2 midfielders who was disappointed that we only seemed to be getting 1 (Fred), I must admit at times I had nearly forgotten about Pereira because he had spent the last 2 seasons on loan, and even then I didn't think he was good enough from what I had heard about how he was performing. But, having watched him in this preseason, I have been very impressed and I definitely think he is worthy of a place in our midfield rotation. I am excited to see how good he can become, especially with him being one of our youth!

His performances in the preseason have made me realise/think that with him we don't actually need another midfielder. That's the best compliment I can give him. Also he seems to be quite versatile.

meamth

That one long ball he played for Alexis in the 2nd half, pure s*x that one. But I doubt he will start many games this season. Feeling bad for him.

But he should stay and keep getting that sub appearances and get minutes to be a proper first team player.

Status
Not open for further replies.