Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't see him staying beyond this summer unless a new manager comes in and somehow changes his mind. He's not even making the bench, can't blame him really.

Shame too, he would make a very good squad player at the very least. It's all a bit odd, he wasn't even bad when played.

Ekeke

So who is going to buy him and improve their midfield?

Not sure the top teams will be in for him but I can see Valencia asking again in the summer. And they should have some money available this time, having secured the players on loan from last season that they wanted to keep

Based Adnan

Mourinho says he'll start vs Valencia. Also said he's "working hard like a tiger everyday".

Zoo

I was hoping he’d come on, it was the perfect chance for Jose to give him some minutes and keep him involved. But McTominay came on instead who did nothing positive once again.

Andersonson

Great way to support one of our homegrown young players. He managed to get in the right position and the ball came in behind him, yet you post stuff like that. This is whats wrong with this forum.

Fergie would've slapped you for that attitude

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Why this guy couldn’t get a game against fecking Fulham, at home, is beyond belief.

Anyway, i hope he’s willing to sit tight this season and next, because if Poch comes here, he will surely appreciate Pereira more.

0le

Pereira will leave the club. I'm not convinced he is as good as what people make out, but he is certainly better than McTominay and Matic.

Sb_16

I'm not convinced he is as good as what people make out, but he is certainly better than McTominay and Matic.
Aren't you contradicting yourself there? Nobody thinks he is world class already or will ever be. Just that he has qualities we're lacking in midfield and he's worth considering at least as a sub option than the dross we see every week.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I feel he's suffering due to Mourinho's love for physical tacklers in the middle and/or playing his favourites to keep control of the dressing room.

I mean it's rather absurd that this kid can't even get a chance as a sub or the odd start whereas Matic keeps clowning around week after week without fail.

fallengt

Get to start a pointless match. He'll leave for sure, which is a fecking shame. He can play in both wings and midfield, I was confident he could find a spot in this team but apparently not.

Reminder Mourinho wanted to sell Martial in the summer. The man has no eyes for young talent

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Get to start a pointless match. He'll leave for sure, which is a fecking shame.
Reminder Mourinho wanted to sell martial in the summer. The man has no eyes for young talent
How many young talents at other big clubs get to start a meaningful game?

Aloysius's Back 3

How many big clubs are 8th in the league due to the managers favourites being off form? If the managers players were on form & going for the title then you'd understand a little why he hasn't had a game at all. However the whole squad is crumbling a part & the manager needs to change his tactics, formations and arguably some of his personnel. For that pereira is being singled out.

fallengt

There're plenty. Watch German league
And define meaningful not like we're fecking challenge for the titles or anything, you think Pereira shouldnt played vs Derby Country because Matic was so good in that match?

LvG with all his flaws, tried to promote many.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It's not like he's some young 17-18 year old kid. He turns 23 in a few weeks, with over 70 first team appearances over the last two years he's been out on loan in La Liga, and has made his Brazilian international debut.

He was then our best player in the pre-season and one of our best in the first game of the season. A poor half in the second match (no worse than anyone else on the field) and he hasn't had a chance since. Something like 33 minutes of gametime in the 3-4 months since then despite his competition for those roles being distinctly poor all season. It really is ridiculous.

ROFLUTION

Pereira and Fred's lack of gametime in a period that has been Matic's worst ever really shows how conservative Mourinho is. Not ready to take any chances it seems.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
How many big clubs are 8th in the league due to the managers favourites being off form? If the managers players were on form & going for the title then you'd understand a little why he hasn't had a game at all. However the whole squad is crumbling a part & the manager needs to change his tactics, formations and arguably some of his personnel. For that pereira is being singled out.
Doesn't really answer my question but nevermind. Maybe Jose knows more about what he wants from a number 6 and Pereira didn't convince him enough for that role. You don't really know what goes on in training.

There're plenty. Watch German league
And define meaningful not like we're fecking challenge for the titles or anything, you think Pereira shouldnt played vs Derby Country because Matic was so good in that match?

LvG with all his flaws, tried to promote many.
Its easy to see that Matic and Pereira are not same kind of players and maybe Jose wants players like Matic(better quality ones) for that position. And now when he is getting chances, you still manage to blame the manager. I know Jose's treatment is nowhere near justified but Pereira needs match fitness. You don't really put someone in a "meaningful" game who hasn't kicked a ball in months. Also, if we win and somehow Juve drop points, we might top the group so its not meaningless at all.

It's not like he's some young 17-18 year old kid. He turns 23 in a few weeks, with over 70 first team appearances over the last two years he's been out on loan in La Liga, and has made his Brazilian international debut.

He was then our best player in the pre-season and one of our best in the first game of the season. A poor half in the second match (no worse than anyone else on the field) and he hasn't had a chance since. Something like 33 minutes of gametime in the 3-4 months since then despite his competition for those roles being distinctly poor all season. It really is ridiculous.
Agree with the stubbornness part. Agree with the limited game time part. Jose's treatment of Andreas is very bad. But, I don't really think Pereira is suited for the number 6 role and I believe Jose shares the same thought.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Doesn't really answer my question but nevermind. Maybe Jose knows more about what he wants from a number 6 and Pereira didn't convince him enough for that role. You don't really know what goes on in training.

Its easy to see that Matic and Pereira are not same kind of players and maybe Jose wants players like Matic(better quality ones) for that position. And now when he is getting chances, you still manage to blame the manager. I know Jose's treatment is nowhere near justified but Pereira needs match fitness. You don't really put someone in a "meaningful" game who hasn't kicked a ball in months. Also, if we win and somehow Juve drop points, we might top the group so its not meaningless at all.

Agree with the stubbornness part. Agree with the limited game time part. Jose's treatment of Andreas is very bad. But, I don't really think Pereira is suited for the number 6 role and I believe Jose shares the same thought.
Then why does he seem to only be willing to play him in that position? He's played elsewhere for a few minutes when he's come on as a sub, but he seems to only start in that position.

The great thing that Pereira should be giving us is his ability to play anywhere in midfield. He can play any of the midfield three positions, plus on either wing. He would also be an option to switch with Lingard in that role behind the striker while also combining with the midfield. But more often than not he doesn't even make the bench despite being a perfect bench option.

Last edited:

luke511

Will be annoyed if he's played as a no.6 tonight, dying to see him played in an advanced centre midfield role for us.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think he'll play as a 6 if we consider that Fred and Pogba are likely to start.

luke511

Think he'll play as a 6 if we consider that Fred and Pogba are likely to start.
Beggars can't be choosers I suppose, would love to see him the most advanced midfielder out of the trio. Fred as a 6, Pogba as an 8, Pereira as an 8/10.

Johan07

Then why does he seem to only be willing to play him in that position? He's played elsewhere for a few minutes when he's come on as a sub, but he seems to only start in that position.

The great thing that Pereira should be giving us is his ability to play anywhere in midfield. He can play any of the midfield three positions, plus on either wing. He would also be an option to switch with Lingard in that role behind the striker while also combining with the midfield. But more often than not he doesn't even make the bench despite being a perfect bench option.
Yeah, this is the strange part with Mourinhos treatment of Pereira. It doesnt make sense.
The lad played mainly at LW at Valencia; some games at RW and as a second striker. I didnt follow him closely at Granada but I believe it was something similar there.
Back at United Mourinho used him at #6 during pre-season, even though its pretty obvious that he lacks the fortitudes that Mourinho normally demands from his #6. It might also be the most important position in a 4-3-3-setup. Its not an easy position to play in the PL having only tried out during a short pre-season (without most of the squad even present).
And as you note, he has not been given a proper chance in what should be his preferred positions.
He has essentially been occupying a squad place without what seems to be a proper plan how to use him.
It would be better to have let him go on loan, but maybe that is what will happen in the January window. It does not benefit the club or a young player to (not) use him like this.
Its bad player management by Mourinho, even if I myself is very sceptical to if Pereira is good enough for United. But give him a chance or loan him out if you are going to keep him around, not this.

RedorDead21

Yeah, this is the strange part with Mourinhos treatment of Pereira. It doesnt make sense.
The lad played mainly at LW at Valencia; some games at RW and as a second striker. I didnt follow him closely at Granada but I believe it was something similar there.
Back at United Mourinho used him at #6 during pre-season, even though its pretty obvious that he lacks the fortitudes that Mourinho normally demands from his #6. It might also be the most important position in a 4-3-3-setup. Its not an easy position to play in the PL having only tried out during a short pre-season (without most of the squad even present).
And as you note, he has not been given a proper chance in what should be his preferred positions.
He has essentially been occupying a squad place without what seems to be a proper plan how to use him.
It would be better to have let him go on loan, but maybe that is what will happen in the January window. It does not benefit the club or a young player to (not) use him like this.
Its bad player management by Mourinho, even if I myself is very sceptical to if Pereira is good enough for United. But give him a chance or loan him out if you are going to keep him around, not this.
We are not really best placed to be handing out chances just yet. We need every point we can muster. Fred has to be above him when it comes to midfield chances never mind this lad. Sounds like Mou is seeing his workrate in training and rates him so he'll get some game time in the not so important games when they come along....they've been thin on the ground so far.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Think it's all down to the same reason Mourinho is not using Fred much. The defence needs extra protection and he believes that players like Matic offers that (although Matic has generally been shit this season). Jose seems to think the number 6 is Pereira's role so he's in direct competition with Matic and Herrera. Let's see how much chances he gets once we improve our defence.

RedDevil@84

Is he going to play DM today? Is he good at it at all? Else there is no point playing him there and finding out that doesn't work

Morpheus 7

He's such a talented player, in a season or two Jose will be blamed for this. Criminal how he's been left out of our squad since Brighton. Him and Fred could have excellent behind Pogba. Walking away for nothing is such a shame, Jose has got away with some shit since he's came here.

arthurka

He's such a talented player, in a season or two Jose will be blamed for this. Criminal how he's been left out of our squad since Brighton. Him and Fred could have excellent behind Pogba. Walking away for nothing is such a shame, Jose has got away with some shit since he's came here.
Looks like he will get away with more before he is kicked out.

kidbob

Is he meant to be starting tonight? Always said that while 8 or 10 his perfect role that he could do a job at RW for us for the moment while we are there. Really hope he gets 90 minutes tonight and is given the chance to shine. At the very least he is probably our best right footed free kick taker and a better corner taker than what we currently have. We'll regret letting him leave if it happens, no doubt in my mind about that. He just has the air of a potential top talent about him and unlike Adnan he has top class effort and is quite a tenacious player for one so technically gifted.

Utdstar01

I think what Jose said about Fred is the same that applies to Andreas. He isn't convinced enough about us defensively to play Fred/Andreas. Doesn't excuse him for not even putting him on the bench though.

kidbob

I think what Jose said about Fred is the same that applies to Andreas. He isn't convinced enough about us defensively to play Fred/Andreas. Doesn't excuse him for not even putting him on the bench though.
I'm not convinced about us enough while not playing either to condone not at least trying them. We've conceded a stupid amount of goals with neither on the pitch. Matic is a main culprit of this considering my dead grandmother covers ground quicker than him. At least Fred and Pereira gives us legs in midfield. Liverpool showed last night that against a good Napoli side if you can press with energy high up then the defensive side lacks the same importance. Who out of Milner, Henderson or Gigi is good defensively? Who out of all of them would you consider good passers of the ball? The game has passed Jose by unless he can find the exact 11 players he needs. Pep tried to sign Fred because of his qualities to play in a team that presses on the front foot.

Utdstar01

I'm not convinced about us enough while not playing either to condone not at least trying them. We've conceded a stupid amount of goals with neither on the pitch. Matic is a main culprit of this considering my dead grandmother covers ground quicker than him. At least Fred and Pereira gives us legs in midfield. Liverpool showed last night that against a good Napoli side if you can press with energy high up then the defensive side lacks the same importance. Who out of Milner, Henderson or Gigi is good defensively? Who out of all of them would you consider good passers of the ball? The game has passed Jose by unless he can find the exact 11 players he needs. Pep tried to sign Fred because of his qualities to play in a team that presses on the front foot.
I completely agree mate. I'm at the point of exhaustion with it all now tbh that I've just accepted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.