Andreas Pereira | Fulham player

Abraxas

He was really poor here. The epitome of a nothing footballer. Nice to see him excel at PL level.

Elcabron

That’s demonstrably untrue. Pereira got most of his games under Solskjaer. Fellaini played a total of 3 minutes under Solskjaer. I doubt there’s a single game Pereira played alongside Mata and Lingard. He was mostly playing with Fred, McTominay, Matic and Pogba. Much like Bruno.

On your other point, he started 11 Premier League games in a row in 19/20.
Really? Wow I find that hard to believe, maybe my memory is more flakey than I think. I'll have to look it up when I get a chance hopefully this afternoon to see who he started alongside etc.

lex talionis

In no way comparable. Whenever Pierera got a game it was usually in a midfield which consisted of himself Lingard, Fellaini and Mata, Bruno himself would would struggle with that. Whenever Pierera got a chance it was usually as part of a second string side.

Bruno is clearly a better player, I'm not arguing otherwise but to say it all changed when Pierera was taken of of the team is not true given he was never in the team to begin with. I doubt he ever started three games I'm a row for united.

I admire him for going to Brazil and doing well over there. The fact that he is doing well at Fulham proves he is a player capable of cutting it in the PL and good luck to him. Nowhere near as bad as our fan base made him out to be.
Well put. Pereira got his chance when we were a dumpster fire.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Did he get a chance to play as number 8 here? He kind of re-invented himself after changing to this position in Brazil.

lex talionis

B.s pereira was playing in front of McFred. Bruno came in January and played in front of the same 2 guys and started producing.
I'm not sure if "B.s" is intended to mean "bullshit", but if the argument is that we had a well-oiled machine in midfield when we had McFred I can't argree with that. McFred was a shambles. Yes, Bruno in his early days was great for us -- but only in his early days -- but I'm not arguing Pereira was better than Bruno. I'm only arguing that Pereira rarely ever got to play with the quality personnel he needed to play with to have a chance at succeeding at Old Trafford. Jose tried to convert Pereira into a deep lying midfielder and that project didn't work out any better than his attempts to play Fred and McTominay at deep lying midfielders.

Ole was right to try Pereira in a more advanced midfield as simply doesn't have it in his football DNA to perform at anywhere near the level Casemiro as a holding mid. Pereira has to be held accountable for his own failure to make the cut at United, but it's pretty clear that history records that Ole was a failure as manager and failed to get the best of out of Fred and McTominay, who should never been paired as twin holding mids. Bruno is an exceptional midfielder and we definitely upgraded on Pereira when we brought in Bruno, but Bruno has lived off of that 4 month spell for almost two years now and until Wednesday was starting to look a bit like a lost cause.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
What position has he been playing at Fulham? Central midfield or more of a #10 (or most attacking of a three man midfield if they play that way)?

Andreas' best period for us was in the first half of 19/20 when he got a bit of a run as a #10. He was easily the best of our bad options at the time (both Lingard and Mata were in atrocious form), and although he obviously wasn't good enough to warrant being a starter long-term he did show enough I thought he could be a decent squad player. Then we had a terrible injury crisis in midfield so he got pushed back into the deeper position, played terribly and got dropped entirely. Then we signed Bruno, so I don't think he ever played that position again.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
2 assists so far today. Great piece of business for Fulham, and glad he’s doing well.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Did really poorly in a 1v1 and should’ve scored, but got two more assists today, doing really well.

Ashish Negi

Will remain a big question, why he not given set pieces whenever he played for the senior team?

Elcabron

Value for money wise, one of the signings of the season, behind Ericksen of course.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Well done, keep it up lad

SoCross

So happy he’s doing well for himself and in the PL too of all places. Really liked the kid. But he was never good enough for us, especially his on the ball ability. Always needed time on the ball.

Hope he continues to grow and perform.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
One of the signings of the season. Well in Andreas.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Glad to see him doing well. He was the Zidane Iqbal of his days. A kid who some of us here wanted to be given a run in the team. Shows you the dangers of introducing a highly rated young player in a dysfunctional team.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He played well today but missed a one on one chance he should’ve scored.

kidbob

He played well today but missed a one on one chance he should’ve scored.
Watched the game and that was an awful miss. He was very good in general though and if Paulinha had been better in front of goal he'd have had another assist with a nice through ball.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Quick, spend Frenkie money on him before its too late. He is approaching 100 millions in value.

lsd

The Oracle
It's a good place for him and with Silva as manager too he will get a lot of opportunities to play the way he be wants.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Actually quite nice to see him do well.

He really felt like Fulham's main man... Pretty much everything goes through him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah he’s quite clearly a decent enough PL level player now. Very happy for him

criticalanalysis

Always had technical ability and a good work ethic. Of all the players to leave permanently in the summer, I thought it was a shame he didn't get a pre-season or something under ETH. Can play it short, good at pressing and counter pressing. Would have been a good alternative to your McT. Probably would have still been a problem (like McT and Fred in the sense we still would have needed better first teamers) but could have been useful for at least a season. Made sense for Pereira to not want that though.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm always quite happy to see our former academy lads do well in the PL.

Ibi Dreams

Always had technical ability and a good work ethic. Of all the players to leave permanently in the summer, I thought it was a shame he didn't get a pre-season or something under ETH. Can play it short, good at pressing and counter pressing. Would have been a good alternative to your McT. Probably would have still been a problem (like McT and Fred in the sense we still would have needed better first teamers) but could have been useful for at least a season. Made sense for Pereira to not want that though.
He just never really did anything when he did play for us, even though it was clear the attributes were there. Wasn't a mistake to let him go but good on him for starting to show his ability

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Fulham's a good fit for him. Will start every week for them and not the pressure he gets playing for a Man. United where in games I saw he always seemed a bit out of his depth.

Joao Palhinha alongside him is a top class DM so for once coming up Fulham have got some really nice combinations all over the pitch e.g Willian and Robinson down the left.

Just need to learn the art of game management now as two games running they've lost in injury time.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Also it shows how quick people are to write off players who perform badly for United. Championship standard etc. nah he’s a good player at this level, just not a top 6 player

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
So glad he's found a level to thrive at. He's a very solid PL playmaker and central to how Fulham play. Great to see.