Andreas Pereira | Granada Loan Watch

OohAahMartial

I'm more interested in what position they give him. He has played many positions for our reserves, and Brazil. On the left, up front, in the middle, as an #8 and a #6. He needs to find his ideal spot and one he can stake a claim on when he comes back. Looking at our team #10 should have a vacancy soon... I know in pre-season he tried out #6 but that seems a waste of his talents, even if he did well.

prath92

I thought the same, since Mourinho said something along the lines of "we would loan Januzaj outside of the PL if we didn't care".
He never said about clubs in PL afaik. He only said he would loan him to a club where januzaj would play. And with a manager who would help him.

panz

He never said about clubs in PL afaik. He only said he would loan him to a club where januzaj would play. And with a manager who would help him.

4:50 he gets asked why is Januzaj isn't in his plans, and responds with: "He fits in my plans, that's why he's on loan and that's why he's on loan at a PL club..."

Could not mean much though about Pereira's loan as he was referring only about Januzaj.

Fully Fledged

4:50 he gets asked why is Januzaj isn't in his plans, and responds with: "He fits in my plans, that's why he's on loan and that's why he's on loan at a PL club..."

Could not mean much though about Pereira's loan as he was referring only about Januzaj.
That was more a dig at LVG than saying that if he loans a player outside the BPL he is not in his long term plans.

Dante

Average bang
I don't know why people say that we should have send him to EPL, or God forbid, to Championship. We do the majority of shopping outside of EPL anyway, and those players do just fine, in fact better than the players we sign from EPL. I think that he would have a better football education there rather than in some shitty EPL club like Hull or some Neanderthal club in championship.

The only problem is that Granada has a ton of midfielders so Pereira will probably struggle to play every match. On the other side, if he can't do it there, then he can't do it at United.

I am happy with the loan. He'll be coached by a top coach (no-one here mentioned that) in the most technical league in the world and so his strengths will flourish there.
He doesn't particularly need to work on his technique. He does need to work on his strength.

He'd have gained more from going to a competitive yet physical league. If he could have started to pull off his tricks in the Championship, you'd know he could do the same in the PL.

La Liga suits his style too much to teach him the things he needs to learn.

I bet he won't come back to England after this loan. He's not quick enough to be a Mourinho winger or big enough to be a Mourinho midfielder. Mata's on borrowed time as it is.

izec

People interpreting too much. Januzaj was already on loan at Dortmund, and a lot of people said the same 'we wont see him again', 'he wont come back', 'putting him in a shop window'etc...

Januzaj is at Sunderland, there is Moyes, which means playing time. Pereira has not that sort of chance. Fulham were interested, but some guy vetoed the deal. You wont get a guarantee he will play every game. La Liga is a fantastic league and this is a good opportunity. If he does well, he will be part of the squad next season. Jose said he loves him and he is a fantastic player. Dont see the fuss really. Hope he is happy with the move, should have happened last summer already

Celestiale

Should be an assured starter. Has more talent then any other player of Granada (+loanees). Toral from Arsenal was their planned number 10 before this loan move, and Pereira is miles better. Definitely gonna watch a handful (or two) of his games

Mark Pawelek

So Granada now have about 5 midfielders there on loan?
------------------ Age -- Position -------- Loan from:
Rene Krhin -------- 26 --- 6 --- DMC
Sergi Samper ------ 21 --- 6 --- DCM ------ Barça
Uche -------------- 20 --- 6 --- DCM, D --- Watford
Andreas Pereira --- 20 --- 8 --- M -------- MUFC
Javi Márquez ------ 30 --- 8 --- M(C)
Jeremie Boga ------ 19 -- 10 --- AM ------- Chelsea
Jon Toral --------- 21 -- 10 --- AM(CLR) -- Arsenal

Gasolin

Wait, so he sends Januaz at Sunderland to ensure him EPL play time but Pereira is going to La Liga? Is that a bad sign for him?

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I really rate him. Hope he does well. Mata, Rooney cant go on forefer so there will be a place for him next season IF he does well at Granada.

Dante

Average bang
Wait, so he sends Januaz at Sunderland to ensure him EPL play time but Pereira is going to La Liga? Is that a bad sign for him?
I reckon he's in the shop window in the best league to show off his best qualities. If he had a future at United, Mourinho would have sent him somewhere he could develop his weaknesses.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I reckon he's in the shop window in the best league to show off his best qualities. If he had a future at United, Mourinho would have sent him somewhere he could develop his weaknesses.
This isn't just about developing his weaknesses, this is about seeing if he's any good or not. When I've seen him I've been impressed, but I've not seen that much of him. The bottom line is he hasn't impressed his managers, the PL clubs aren't chasing him and our U21 team is no use to him - in fact it's supposed to be his U21 record that made his loan to Fulham fall through.

If he does well at Granada, he'll be back at United next year, even if we then have to find a PL loan for him after pre-season. If he does OK at Granada, he'll find a nice club in La Liga or Portugal to move to. If he does nothing, then our managers were right and so was Fulham's scout.

Last edited:

kunal18

His game is more suited to a possession based side , hardly anyone in the Championship play a controlling game , nor do any sides in the bottom half in the premier league.
If he plays regularly, he will make the cut i think, he has enough about his game.

Reactions: jojojo

beergod

Interesting situation. A lot of his competition are of a similar age and on loan so Pereira won't be competing against players owned by the club for playing time. He will have to play well and develop consistency if he wants to make a place his own.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Pros =

• plays against best technical players in the world
  • the best place to develop for midfielders
  • if he can't break into Granada - doesn't deserve to be here

Silas

For anyone that thinks this means he isn't in Mou's plans, skip to 6:17.

jb8521

I think the difference between what Mourinho said about Januzaj and Pereira is that Januzaj had already played 75 senior games and 6 international games whereas Pereira has only played 13 games altogether most of which were less than 15 minute sub appearances. It's important for Pereira just to get used to playing senior football.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No, Januzaj went to Sunderland because Moyes likes him and trusts him. Pereira only needs to play a lot and build confidence in a very good league and Granada can provide that.

Precaution

I think the difference between what Mourinho said about Januzaj and Pereira is that Januzaj had already played 75 senior games and 6 international games whereas Pereira has only played 13 games altogether most of which were less than 15 minute sub appearances. It's important for Pereira just to get used to playing senior football.
Agreed.

Januazi has way more playing time + hyped up + break in the first team so he's far more "advanced" in his footballing career than Pereira, we all know about Januazi in the Prem but nobody does about Pereira (except for us of course) so he needs regular playing team to get his stock up.

Devil may care

Sky are showing more La Liga games than ever so hopefully Granada will get some coverage. It will be interesting to see what role he's deployed in.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I bet he won't come back to England after this loan. He's not quick enough to be a Mourinho winger or big enough to be a Mourinho midfielder. Mata's on borrowed time as it is.
He is as big as Fabregas and Oscar who were favoured at Chelsea and Micky who we have just signed. Mourinho doesn't just play all big physical players.

izec

He is as big as Fabregas and Oscar who were favoured at Chelsea and Micky who we have just signed. Mourinho doesn't just play all big physical players.
You probably mean height, i agree on Fabregas and Oscar, but Mkitaryan is well built. Look at his legs and upper body, cant compare to Pereira, who looks like a boy.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You probably mean height, i agree on Fabregas and Oscar, but Mkitaryan is well built. Look at his legs and upper body, cant compare to Pereira, who looks like a boy.
Well, he is a boy.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Random observation: I don't think I've ever seen Pereira smile or laugh. Always super serious in photos and in training.

CS@SG

Jose has a very good track record at sending young players overseas. I'd say that's more relevant than what United have done in the past.
If u r referring to Chelsea time, I think it was decided by the club not the manager

manunited1919

I don't know why people say that we should have send him to EPL, or God forbid, to Championship. We do the majority of shopping outside of EPL anyway, and those players do just fine, in fact better than the players we sign from EPL. I think that he would have a better football education there rather than in some shitty EPL club like Hull or some Neanderthal club in championship.

The only problem is that Granada has a ton of midfielders so Pereira will probably struggle to play every match. On the other side, if he can't do it there, then he can't do it at United.

I am happy with the loan. He'll be coached by a top coach (no-one here mentioned that) in the most technical league in the world and so his strengths will flourish there.
But will the rest of the team be of such a level to help his development? Granada was very close to relegation zone last year (#16). If he had to go to a foreign league, I would have preferred a Turkish or a Portuguese side.

khoazany

But will the rest of the team be of such a level to help his development? Granada was very close to relegation zone last year (#16). If he had to go to a foreign league, I would have preferred a Turkish or a Portuguese side.
They have some very promising players on loan/on their book this season.The likes of Sergi Samper,Boga,... will be great to play with.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Then his opposition won't be of a level to help his development. There are a bunch of other highly rated youngsters already there on loan who he will fit right in with.

He also doesn't speak Turkish.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Some people must finally understand that Premier League clubs are taking players like Pereira on loan only as squad option in the last years......he isn't a "Januzaj loan player".

And that Sunderland or a Championship club would be better for his development than a La Liga club like Granada :lol:
I would prefer we are loaning out more players to foreign clubs.......for example i would prefer if Wilson would be on loan at Heerenveen than at Derby.