Andreas Pereira | Granada Loan Watch

MD7

Wait, so he sends Januaz at Sunderland to ensure him EPL play time but Pereira is going to La Liga? Is that a bad sign for him?
Not necessarily, because they play on different positions. Mourinho might think LM-LW players really need to the EPL to become better players, and to properly adapt to the level of the league. While in the case of Pereira - who is more of a CM-CAM - the aspects of La Liga might suit him better towards the future when he comes back to the EPL, and take all the experience from there to here.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
He's one of the few the club put a little extra into getting a new contract. I have no doubt that everything for him is being planned with the thinking of him featuring in the first team in the future.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Tired of people comparing his loan move to Januzaj. Januzaj had a whole successful season in the premier league, teams here are aware of him and the 'hype' he had, it's almost like this has been forgotten around here. Pereira (despite his talent) has done close to nothing outside of the U21's except that cracking goal for Brazil U20 and that free kick vs Ipswich.

If there was a Premier League club that would offer Pereira minutes, do you not think Mourinho would rather send him there? Premier league teams act for their own benefit, not to nurture talent and they are perfectly capable of spending money, take Watford for instance, why loan someone like Periera when you can splash out on a proven player like Roberto Pereyra from Juventus. I just don't think people understand how fortunate Januzaj was to get such a loan, because of the Moyes connection.

Phil Osophy

Granada has been built with a lot of loans and new young kids this summer. Zero experience, coordination and commitment with the club in many cases. And then a crazy manager who plays 100 % offensive every week religiously, so every ball lost becomes critical. They've been lucky to not concede 8 goals today.

Honestly I don't know how is Pereira going to express, enjoy or develop in any sense under these conditions. I hope we have the chance to recover him in January, so we can send him to another place if needed. I don't care if it's Spain, France or any other, but it has to be a normal team, better or worse but a normal football team. We just sent him to a circus, this is a bad joke for the kid.

Cerpin

Just realized that this Paco Jemez is the central defender that represented Spain back in the 2000 Euros -- he had long hair back then. I remember him doing an absolutely mental tackle on Thierry Henry in the quarter-final; basically hanging onto his back, with both hands, while Henry was in full stride. Paco was the last defender, but somehow only got a yellow.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Im sure there were a bunch of championship clubs after him, seeing though we loan a chunk of our youths there. If he had wanted to go there then he would? Im sure this was Pereiras decision.

Playing in La Liga, against some of the best players in the world. Why deny him that opportunity if he fancies the challenge? Im sure he was fully aware that they have escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth two seasons running, so fair play to him. If he's guarenteed playing time there, which it looks like he has been, then why not give it 4/5 months. If all else fails then come back in January. It will be invaluable experience to him even if his career doesn't lie with United.

Its better then playing in the championship anyway, where the league is so, soo physical. It wouldn't suit his style of play at all.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Looks like he did ok from that video despite the loss. Can't tell about his defensive contributions of course.

OohAahMartial

Looks like he played very well, going past players, making one twos, through balls, cross field passes. Strange to see him mostly on the right though.

Acole9

Outstanding
Good luck to him. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on in Spain.

Mike09

It's not about winning or join a good team. The most important is that he gets playing minute. Get a lot of experience to play professional football because he hasn't got any before. I think it's a good move but he has to play many games so Jose can consider him next season even if his performance will end up poor due to the club's poor form, the experience will be valuable, Jose might keep him as a squad player next season or he's going out on loan again but with a better team to prove his quality. But for now I think getting experience is the most important.

quethenoo

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...l-news/man-utd-news-mourinho-pereira-11852516

The 20-year-old will spend the season on loan at Granada in Spain after failing to make Mourinho's first-team squad this summer.

Mourinho said before sanctioning the move that he 'loved' the Brazilian midfielder.

And Pereira, who scored in Mourinho's first pre-season game at Wigan in July, claims the United manager is expecting him back at Carrington next summer to fight for his place.

He told Globo Esporte : "Mourinho told me that he likes my style of play a lot and that he liked what I did in pre-season.

"He wants to see how I play in Spain and then wants me to go back and play for him next season."

Pereira made his United debut against MK Dons in 2014 before making nine appearances last season, scoring once.

He made his Granada debut as a second-half substitute in their 5-1 defeat to Las Palmas last month.

pseudo_canadian

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...l-news/man-utd-news-mourinho-pereira-11852516

The 20-year-old will spend the season on loan at Granada in Spain after failing to make Mourinho's first-team squad this summer.

Mourinho said before sanctioning the move that he 'loved' the Brazilian midfielder.

And Pereira, who scored in Mourinho's first pre-season game at Wigan in July, claims the United manager is expecting him back at Carrington next summer to fight for his place.

He told Globo Esporte : "Mourinho told me that he likes my style of play a lot and that he liked what I did in pre-season.

"He wants to see how I play in Spain and then wants me to go back and play for him next season."

Pereira made his United debut against MK Dons in 2014 before making nine appearances last season, scoring once.

He made his Granada debut as a second-half substitute in their 5-1 defeat to Las Palmas last month.
Good to hear!

m1y2

like if any manager ever said he doesn't count with a player going on loan... I hope Andreas does well, think he's really talented and hopefully in rooneyless team he will get a chance next season.. perfect no10 for mourinho imo..

Dazzmondo

Im sure there were a bunch of championship clubs after him, seeing though we loan a chunk of our youths there. If he had wanted to go there then he would? Im sure this was Pereiras decision.

Playing in La Liga, against some of the best players in the world. Why deny him that opportunity if he fancies the challenge? Im sure he was fully aware that they have escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth two seasons running, so fair play to him. If he's guarenteed playing time there, which it looks like he has been, then why not give it 4/5 months. If all else fails then come back in January. It will be invaluable experience to him even if his career doesn't lie with United.

Its better then playing in the championship anyway, where the league is so, soo physical. It wouldn't suit his style of play at all.
Isn't that the point though. He should do well in La Liga but defending and the physicality of the Premier League is so different that even if he has a good season in La Liga he likely won't be ready to play in the Premier League. I don't mind the loan too much simply because I doubt there were any clubs in the Prem that would give him any game time. At Championship level, you'd expect some teams to offer him game time so that one's kinda weird imo. Right now I'm thinking Mourinho is hoping he does well at Granada and that next season some Prem team will be interested in taking him on loan. I hope he can break into the Granada team as a starter but I'm still sceptical tbh.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
To be brutally honest he's not as good as pogba as AM

Considering we just bought pogba for 90m i think it's best if he just move on. His ceiling won't be as good as pogba, and that is if he really hits it.

No offence but a permanent move can maybe sort him out in midtable / lower table epl teams and he could make a decent career at the end of his boots.

Sometimes a club is just a club too big too far

Dazzmondo

Considering we just bought pogba for 90m i think it's best if he just move on. His ceiling won't be as good as pogba, and that is if he really hits it.

No offence but a permanent move can maybe sort him out in midtable / lower table epl teams and he could make a decent career at the end of his boots.

If he isn't staying at United he should just go to La Liga or Portugal. He'd do much better there imo.

jb8521

If the yardstick for young players staying at the club is that they have to be as good as the most expensive player in history then we're going to have a pretty small squad

Varun

Staff

Besides what @jb8521 said, Pogba doesn't even play as the AM for us ffs.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!

Nooooooo.

Dont want to lose him, not sure why he wasn't loaned to a prem team it would be way better

I'd prefer him over januzaj any day.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Likes our manager. Loves our club. At a team that will play him once a week which he'd struggle to get in the PL and he wont get the crap kicked out of him as he would in the Championship.

Seems to have a really good attitude too.

3KDré

Excellent news. Really could be a special player IMO.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If the yardstick for young players staying at the club is that they have to be as good as the most expensive player in history then we're going to have a pretty small squad
Nope

But if he happens to play in the same position then yes pogba is his direct rival.

We will see where jose plays pogva when rooney eventually left

Sb_16

Intelligent footballers can play together. Most see him as a deep lying playmaker to Pogba's box-to-boxer.

izec

Sounds like you are taking the piss, but you are serious. feck me :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Hello Mou-ther,
Hello Faria,
Here I am at,
Club Granada.

lem8sh

Jesus Christ.