Andreas Pereira | Granada Loan Watch

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Rashford and Herrera are the 2 best crossers in our squad by a stretch, I'd be very pleasantly surprised if Pereira was significantly better than them after his loan.
Pereira is just a very technically gifted footballer, Rashford's great at different aspects. We're lucky to have them both, they'll offer a lot of variety to us if they both reach their potential.

Blind

He's the type of player who I can see thriving once he's got more quality around him. We definitely need a midfielder like him in the team, there's no cohesion between our midfield and attack.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Let's agree to disagree then.
Wait so you actually think those 2 are better crossers of a ball than a player who is heralded for his delivery? He is well known to take corners with both feet, have an eye for goal from a free kick and generally be in the top tier for his age group with regards to technical skills.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wait so you actually think those 2 are better crossers of a ball than a player who is heralded for his delivery? He is well known to take corners with both feet, have an eye for goal from a free kick and generally be in the top tier for his age group with regards to technical skills.
Even scored directly from a corner too, once;

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
What do set pieces have to do with crossing from open play? That's like saying Juninho was the best finisher in the world.

TwoSheds

Maybe but I can't remember too many crosses from him this season, perhaps it's just Jose telling him to get in the box instead of delivering it.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Maybe but I can't remember too many crosses from him this season, perhaps it's just Jose telling him to get in the box instead of delivering it.
Put a perfect cross right on Zlatan's head at Anfield.

welshwingwizard

I think Rashford has a great delivery. Never realised it until recently but he whips in some great balls.

Classical Mechanic

Rashford and Herrera are the 2 best crossers in our squad by a stretch, I'd be very pleasantly surprised if Pereira was significantly better than them after his loan.

34 starts this season. Joint top scorer with 5, top assists with 3 and joint highest chances created per game with 1.5 avg.

Hard to shine in such a crap side but he was at least in their top 3 best players this season.

NotQuiteManc

He could have more assists if some of the glaring misses by his teammates went in, but the same could be said if Pogba had not make sweet love to the goalposts so much this season.

Arthur Friedenreich

I don't even agree on that. Might be a better passer but then he's a midfielder, he should be a better passer. Crosses, shooting, dribbling I think Rashford has him beaten hands down. First touch and close control is a bit of a toss up, maybe Pereira edges it. Set pieces both are very good...

Physically and mentally Rashford has it though, Pereira is still getting there.
This is straight-up just not true
Claiming that Rashford is a better dribbler or better in crosses its a absurd idea tbh.
And Pereira is OBVIOUSLY more skillful.

Rashford is a very good player, but sometimes i think some of you are talking about last season Martial and not Rashford..
In fact i saw people saying: sell Martial and lets focus on Rashford..
Martial is just VASTLY superior.
Martial is not the first case of a top world class young player looking awful under Mourinho.

Rashford scored 05 league goals and created 19 chances playing for MAN UNITED...
Andreas Pereira scored 05 league goals and created 52 chances playing many times as holding midfielder for a side that barely can attack.
Keleshi Iheanacho here probably would have scored 30.

I repeat, Rashford is a very good player, i think he should be a winger or SS, but people need to stop creating an imaginary version of him..

I saw a thread where a lot of fans are saying they would not "trade the potential of Rashford" for HARRY MUTHERF@KER KANE!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean, how insanely DELUDED is that??
Kane is top 3 in the world in his position.
In Barcelona or Madrid Harry Kane probably would score 50 goals/season.

TwoSheds

Claiming that Rashford is a better dribbler or better in crosses its a absurd idea tbh.

Rashford is a very good player, but sometimes i think some of you are talking about last season Martial and not Rashford..
Martial is not the first case of a top world class young player looking awful under Mourinho.

Rashford scored 05 league goals and created 19 chances playing for MAN UNITED...
Andreas Pereira scored 05 league goals and created 52 chances playing many times as holding midfielder for a side that barely can attack.

I repeat, Rashford is a very good player, i think he should be a winger or SS, but people need to stop creating an imaginary version of him..

I saw a thread where a lot of fans are saying they would not "trade the potential of Rashford" for HARRY MUTHERF@KER KANE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I AM CONVINCED now.

NotQuiteManc

Based on the highlights, I would prefer him play as the LW/AML, a'la Modric in his earlier playing career, or Coutinho as they more or less have the same set of skills and physical attributes. Being smaller, and pretty well balanced plus the good dribbling skills, they are good at playing in the pockets, holes just in front of the last line of defence. I don't think he is ready to play as CM yet, but he would be good option to have to play in that position (AML/LW). Keep Mkhi on the right where he performed his best for Dortmund and Lingard as option.

shield

Has so much that our midfield misses. Energy, control, that tendency to chase players and nip the ball off them. He will definitely improve us defensively. A player does not have to be a DM to contribute defensively, he can do even while playing as a CM. Playing Carrick, Fellaini, Rooney in midfield will only help us for a short time, but if we have to build something for the long run then we need to start taking a chance with players like him.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs

This one's on me.

LoveFootball

Someone talking some truths on here!

Rashford is a good players who has a good eye for goal, but he is certainly not that great like some people want to make it.

RyRy11

Really want Mou to take a chance on him, way more natural talent than some of the midfielders/attackers we've put out this season (Lingard, Felliani, Young, ageing Rooney)

Nick7

Martial is "VASTLY superior" yet has 4 league goals. I do really wonder how some of ye haven't gotten scouting jobs at the top clubs yet.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Martial is "VASTLY superior" yet has 4 league goals. I do really wonder how some of ye haven't gotten scouting jobs at the top clubs yet.
Whilst I don't neccesarily agree that Martial is VASTLY superior. Rashford has played as the striker more often this season than Martial and only has one more league goal.

LoveFootball

Why did you only pick this season in where he's struggling under a manager who isn't trusting him and he's maybe struggling with the defensive aspect of our style! Don't go too far and watch his stats for last season and compare them to anything Rashford has produced this season.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why did you only pick this season in where he's struggling under a manager who isn't trusting him and he's maybe struggling with the defensive aspect of our style! Don't go too far and watch his stats for last season and compare them to anything Rashford has produced this season.
We could make a similar argument for Januzaj between his great performances under Moyes and his average ones under LvG and subsequently his flop loan spells at Dortmund and Sunderland. That's why you have to go with present form and not thing that happened in the past.

GM K

He was better before his loan as well. Neither of those two are very good at crossing.
Rashford is a very good crosser of the ball. I happen to belong to the small and unpopular group that prefers Rashford as a wide forward rather than a center forward. I believe he has the speed, dribbling and crossing skills for such a role.

GM K

How do you know the manager isn't trusting him and if indeed he is not, why? Maybe Anthony has not been a good 'student'?

Nick7

You mean last season where Rashford had 5 goals in 11 games in the league and Martial had 11 in 31? Amazing.

They're both great young players and we should be happy we have both but still concerned at their performances at times this season and hope they both keep growing at the club. Martial is not a vastly superior player. There seems to be a prevailing thought for some posters here that if a player is English they're automatically worse than others

Whilst I don't neccesarily agree that Martial is VASTLY superior. Rashford has played as the striker more often this season than Martial and only has one more league goal.
If we're talking about the league, he's played 11 games as a centre forward. Starting 6.

Silas

Well, in what has been a pretty bad season for a him, he's still managed 4 goals + 6 assists , compared to 5 goals and 1 assist for Rashford. Also don't forget the fact he's played less than Rashford this season and on the LW more often than not.

shield

We could make a similar argument for Januzaj between his great performances under Moyes and his average ones under LvG and subsequently his flop loan spells at Dortmund and Sunderland. That's why you have to go with present form and not thing that happened in the past.
With that logic Hazard should have been sold as Mourinho had him looking like a Championship level player.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
With that logic Hazard should have been sold as Mourinho had him looking like a Championship level player.
Not exactly. Hazard was already a top player for years before. Martial had one good year, Januzaj had one third of one good year.

Nick7

Well, in what has been a pretty bad season for a him, he's still managed 4 goals + 6 assists , compared to 5 goals and 1 assist for Rashford. Also don't forget the fact he's played less than Rashford this season and on the LW more often than not.
Great. That's good. The result is we have two very good young players who, unfortunately have struggled at times this year but have both shown their worth over the past two years.

Silas

Great. That's good. The result is we have two very good young players who, unfortunately have struggled at times this year but have both shown their worth over the past two years.
Yeah, agreed. Once you throw in Pereira, Pogba and Bailly as well, it's hard not to be optimistic looking into the future.

shield

I know. People here go on rating one player over the other when none of them have had a breakout season. The only thing we have for Rashford is that Mourinho has a liking for him. Not saying that Rashford is not good, but he is just a part of a young attack, along with Martial. I think Mourinho will have to major adjustments to his own tactics next season to get the best out of both.

If we have Andreas, Martial and Rashford in the same team then that is a very young and energetic attack with lots of potential, but then Mourinho will have to show some belief in them and stop playing Fellaini or Carrick/Rooney just for achieving short terms goals like a draw.

LoveFootball

Firstly januzaj season under Moyes is no way near comparable to what Martial produced last season, secondly Martial was bought for huge money because he was showing great form at Monaco and many teams were after him for that, thirdly even this season he has shown more good and great form only for the manager to bench him the next game, who knows what would have happened if the manager gave him more supports and trust! Even if we only consider this season, I don't actually think that Rashford has shown great things to label him a better talent than Martial, Rashford have benefited from the trust the manager puts on him! Even before the season started, Jose was only talking about Rashford and almost not about Martial who was by a large margin our best outfield player the previous season! That purely shows who was the manager's prefered player!

But let not derail the thread and go back to the comparison with Perreira; did you really think that Rashford is more skillful than him? I don't think so and will not let some random stats full my view on both players! As I said, Rashford is a good player and has an eye for goal and he's pacey, that is almost his full set of skills; but Perreira has more attributes into his game, he's a good dribbler, a good crosser, has a good long passing range, he can play good shorts pass and good one twos, he has the ability to control games playing like a deep laying midfielder, he can play many position across the field and be good at all of them (just for comparison Rashford was awful playing in the wing and was constantly running the ball out of the field), and he can score wonderful goals too.

Anyway, as @Arthur Friedenreich said it, people are creating an imaginary version of Rashford that is different forms the reality; the stats even showing that Perreira is having a better season playing for a relegation team; add the fact Rashford scored most of his goals playing as a pure 9 while Perreira has scored his playing in many different positions, I'd say Perreira have been better player.