Andreas Pereira | Granada Loan Watch

MadMike

Looking forward to seeing him and Adnan back. Hope both get an opportunity to do well here.
It's a personal opinion at this point, but I don't think Adnan is coming back. He's entering the last year of his contract and he'll be sold in the summer. I don't think a new contract will be offered to him.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Don't know if there's injuries or something, but I can't understand why the Granada manager has stopped using the 3-4-1-2 that worked so well for them. Today they seem as bad as in the fall, the defense is all over the place against a poor Valencia team, 0-2 after 38 minutes.

Asger

Poor Ingason. At the fault for the both goals and subbed off in 33 min!! And many in my country wants him to start for the national team!!

top1whoisman

Scout
Granada went with two up front at HT. Pereira playing at the bottom of midfield in 4-4-2. Has all in all been quiet, Granada really struggling to even get decent possession. You can see this is not Pereira's best position (at least at the moment), leaving some space behind him, at times struggling to follow his running man. One to forget, not a good match. Granada pull one back after 65 minutes.

Redguern

I saw a few games this season and that Grenada team is just shockingly disjointed and based on individualities, no wonder when half of their teams are young talented players from big European clubs, despite all that he managed to stand out, consistently putting effort which is very important for me because if he looses the ball in the games trying things to happen, that can be refined, given more conservative instructions and as well playing in much better team will make him shine more, but workrate is superimportant to become a top player for him because he ahs the talent just need to keep his head down and Mourinho will like it a lot, just wonder where he's used next season but best option is a backup flair player for Pogba, if we sign a good CDM he could play deeper and help to dictate the play but he's a threat up front and creative enough to find his space there, also I could see him getting some minutes out wide as he's of decent speed, will track back and is a great crosser and okay dribbler fro that areas, could overtake form Lingard who shouldnt be underestimated though.. cnat wait for the next season with GRIE7MANN, Pereira and whoever Jose decides to bring in but the most talented youngsters should be given chances
Has the full stop button on your keyboard broken :rolleyes:

top1whoisman

Scout
Moyes, Neville, Adams... People wonder why there aren't many British managers in the PL, it's because the best get recruited to La Liga. :p

Bwuk

Whenever I've watched Pereira I think he's class.

So much ability. Reminds me a bit of Modric when he was starting out at Spurs.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I hope we don't have another CBJ situation on our hands now the team has changed manager.

SATA

We should recall him back if he isn't going to start any of their games anymore. My opinion is that Tony Adams won't fancy him

kentafuji

I hope we don't have another CBJ situation on our hands now the team has changed manager.
There's only 7 games left to go, it would be disappointing if he got dropped for them, so he has had plenty of playing time whereas for CBJ it happened early in the season

Reactions: KM

top1whoisman

Scout
We should recall him back if he isn't going to start any of their games anymore. My opinion is that Tony Adams won't fancy him
I think he might actually like to have some English-speaking players on the pitch to help him pass on instructions to the team. Pereira also works really hard, doesn't stop running, so Adams might actually like him. I am curious though about that "We should recall him if he isn't going to start any of their games anymore". How do we do this? "Tony - Are you going to play Andreas during the rest of the season?" Also as far as I know there's no recall clause in the loan deal.

Last edited:

MadMike

That's not how this works, that's not how any of this works....

You need to register players in order to be able to play them in the EPL or the Europa League. Pereira's registration is with La Liga and he is not registered for us in either competition (EPL or Europa League). So even if you could terminate his loan at this time, he wouldn't be able to play for us this season. He's just gonna have to stay there for 40 more days until their season ends, irrespective of what happens at Granada. It's hardly the end of the world.

Classical Mechanic

I think he might actually like to have some English-speaking players on the pitch to help him pass on instructions to the team. Pereira also works really hard, doesn't really stop running, so Adams might actually like him. I am curious though about that "We should recall him if he isn't going to start any of their games anymore". How do we do this? "Tony - Are you going to play Andreas during the rest of the season?" Also as far as I know there's no recall clause in the loan deal.
Given that both of the other managers at Granada have had Andreas as one of the first on the team sheet I think there is a very good chance Adams will too.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Andreas is basically their best player, he'll start under Adams

top1whoisman

Scout
This is the former arsenal captain? Never knew he was into management
He has an astonishing managerial career behind him. Relegated Wycombe to League Two. As a caretaker manager of Portsmouth he racked up 10 points in 16 games before getting the sack. Since then he's acted as a manager and sporting director at a club in Azerbaijan.

Last edited:

MadMike

He has an astonishing managerial career behind him. Relegated Wycombe to League Two. As a caretaker manager at Portsmouth he racked up 10 points in 16 games before getting the sack. Since then he's acted as a manager and sporting director at a club in Azerbaijan.
That's an astonishing resume! :lol:

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Wycombe, Portsmouth and some club from Azerbaijan is all it takes to manage in La Liga.

bucky

I may be alone on this, but wouldn't he benefit more from another season on loan than playing for us next season?

ti vu

I may be alone on this, but wouldn't he benefit more from another season on loan than playing for us next season?
Not with a team not playing in top division in their countries or some random small leagues. I think he has learned enough to be a first team player for us next season. Whether he can apply himself to earn more minutes is up to him & the circumstances of how the season turns out

top1whoisman

Scout
A strong 2nd half vs Celta so far. Gets past his man on the left time and time again. Decent corners too.

top1whoisman

Scout
Granada are a woeful side.
They are. Had a good spell early 2017, but I guess they know they are gone. That and something like 95% of the players being on loan, so some of them might not care anymore.

Nero

Been their best player tonight. To be honest, I probably would be too, but it's still been a good game from him.

top1whoisman

Scout
Been their best player tonight. To be honest, I probably would be too, but it's still been a good game from him.
Yeah it was a weird sub from Adams at the time. It's not like he ever runs out of steam either.

NoPace

Mourinho doesn't seem to trust loans, but he also doesn't trust tiny players in central midfield most of the time, so I think that a loan to a Prem side could be a fine idea, but seems unlikely. A loan to Hull, Bournemouth (if Wilshere doesn't return), Watford or a promoted side might work, but I think Mourinho will just bring him back here and not play him much.

Sterling Archer

Mourinho doesn't seem to trust loans, but he also doesn't trust tiny players in central midfield most of the time, so I think that a loan to a Prem side could be a fine idea, but seems unlikely. A loan to Hull, Bournemouth (if Wilshere doesn't return), Watford or a promoted side might work, but I think Mourinho will just bring him back here and not play him much.
I don't think he is tiny at all. If anything, Herrera looks more slight and has done alright in getting the nod from Jose.