Andreas Pereira / loan to Lazio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zealot87

Supports
S.S. Lazio
Hello, Lazio fan here.
I saw a lot of fuzz regarding this transfer, so here I am to give you an insight on our end.
There's no way Lazio will pay 27 M. for him, also if he turns out as a top-notch player. This would be the highetst transfer in Lotito's era (roughly 15 years)... that is not happening. We don't pay that much for players, we are a club that is sustainable without external loans and we're trynig to get better and better by planning year after year.
On the other end, every year we bet on a player like pereira (i.e. a player that supposedly underperformed) and we try to give them a second chance... most of the times it's a Ravel Morrison, but sometimes it's a Luis Alberto.
I believe that a loan with a fixed price for the buy-out at the end of it would be great for both parties.

Hope you'll have a great season... maybe we'll see each other in the CL!

Reactions: roonster09
We need to stop these deadwood coming back. Look at Smalling and Rojo this summer, not even training with the first team. You want him, take him and keep him
I don’t like the term deadwood, but Andreas clearly has no future with us, I wish him well - to agree a perm deal is what we all need, for the club and the players. Kicking the can down the road for a year makes no sense. I understand if they can’t pay now (this is after all Lazio, and they have previous), but it needs to be an obligation to buy or a realistic option.

We have seen enough of Andreas to know he’s not going to turn into a superstar, so there is no need for such a high option price.

So we could end up paying some of his wages and they could just give him back after 1 season. No way we get £27m unless he plays exceptional.
If as reported. That’s exactly what will happen. Lazio get a cheap loan and give him back after a year, they won’t have that money for him in 9 months time.

Baneofthegame

He’s one of many that aren’t to the standard our squad requires to compete at the highest level.

If we got loan + 15 million obligation I’d Ben ecstatic.

Kostov

If it is a loan with an option to buy, he is coming back that's for sure. Sell him for feck sake, i'd get rid for half a million pounds.

lsd

The Oracle
I think the Italian league will suit him and he will do well there which hopefully will make them want to buy him

crossy1686

career ending
If it is a loan with an option to buy, he is coming back that's for sure. Sell him for feck sake, i'd get rid for half a million pounds.
He'll get a move out of this loan, hopefully he does great for Lazio, then our fans can moan about him being sold next summer instead.

Chief123

He is not good enough for us. Fine, no problem with that. But any 'fan' who calls our players shit has lost their way, especially players who put the effort in but prove not to be good enough.

The fact that a club like Lazio are interested shows he is clearly not 'shit', in any case.
I totally agree. He’s shit.

dinostar77

Hes not suited to PL football. Also i dont think hes of the required standard. A move to Portugal, Spain, Holland or France (mid table teams) would suit his abilities more. I dont think top Championship clubs would want him. He's not suited to british football at all.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Reports in Italian media suggest obligation to buy for 15m euros. Seems about right.

-Supreme-

Reports in Italian media suggest obligation to buy for 15m euros. Seems about right.
That’s more like it.

I hope we have learnt our lesson with Smalling loan deal that the importance of including obligation to buy.

Dan_F

Agree with the posters about the abuse he gets, it’s a joke. He’s not intentionally playing shit, and despite his flaws, you can’t accuse him of not putting in effort.

The loan with an option to buy isn’t ideal, maybe we could insert a loan fee that is only payable if they don’t buy. Then at least over the space of a few years we recoup most of a transfer fee.

marktan

To be fair to him he did look pretty good on the ball in his loan spells in Spain and didn't look out of place against the likes of Real and Barca.

For some reason he wasn't as good with us, maybe it was because it's a faster pace of football. I think in Italy he'll do well, he's at his best when he can be technical with the ball and he'll get more time there. 15m euros would be a good deal for both parties.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
To be fair to him he did look pretty good on the ball in his loan spells in Spain and didn't look out of place against the likes of Real and Barca.

For some reason he wasn't as good with us, maybe it was because it's a faster pace of football. I think in Italy he'll do well, he's at his best when he can be technical with the ball and he'll get more time there. 15m euros would be a good deal for both parties.
Not very strong and not very quick - always a recipe for disaster in a fast paced league. His technique is very good and can pass/shoot well but in certain matches he just looked out of his depth, Sheffield away when we we drew 3-3 comes to mind.

Italy would probably be really good for him as they don't press as much and rely more on technique than physical skills. Players like Luis Alberto have excelled at Lazio where they failed in England also, think he could have a similar impact.

wolvored

Too much sentiment here. He's nowhere near the standard we need to progress. Move him on and get better in or promote our better youngsters.

NinjaFletch

He spent most of his spell at Valencia sitting on their bench. It was optimism of the highest order to think he'd come in and be good enough for us.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I believe in Andreas, he's clearly not United level right now but there is a enough skill for a very good attacking midfielder there. He might be a late bloomer and become more consistent with age and playing time. If he has a career like Tadic's that wouldn't surprise me either.

Lemansky

I believe in Andreas, he's clearly not United level right now but there is a enough skill for a very good attacking midfielder there. He might be a late bloomer and become more consistent with age and playing time. If he has a career like Tadic's that wouldn't surprise me either.
He turns 25 this year! He should perform at a much more stable level already. He might have a decent career but he is no way, and will never be, good enough for us.

Judas

Open to offers
Good move for all parties. Just ended up not being the level of player we require sadly. Hope it goes well for him, and I think it will, Italy will suit his game.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I am sure he will do okay in Italy. Slower pace will help. He will get goals and assists from set pieces. I'm surprised to see Lazio finished fourth last season, so assuming they are in the Champions League? I don't think he is that level but all the best to him.

Castia

Hello, Lazio fan here.
I saw a lot of fuzz regarding this transfer, so here I am to give you an insight on our end.
There's no way Lazio will pay 27 M. for him, also if he turns out as a top-notch player. This would be the highetst transfer in Lotito's era (roughly 15 years)... that is not happening. We don't pay that much for players, we are a club that is sustainable without external loans and we're trynig to get better and better by planning year after year.
On the other end, every year we bet on a player like pereira (i.e. a player that supposedly underperformed) and we try to give them a second chance... most of the times it's a Ravel Morrison, but sometimes it's a Luis Alberto.
I believe that a loan with a fixed price for the buy-out at the end of it would be great for both parties.

Yeah we won’t get that much for him and the fans were generally shocked at that fee. I can see Lazio paying around €12m for him next summer.

I think he could perform in Serie A and you’ll probably get a decent deal but I’m glad he’s being sold on.

Mickson

Hello, Lazio fan here.

I don't rate Pereira at all, but I think Serie A suits his strengths more. IMO he has troubles with the pace of PL. It's not for everyone. Makes sense that Lazio doesn't want to pay that much, hopefully it's a permanent deal though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hello, Lazio fan here.

Yeah, the initial option to buy for 10-15 million rumors is believable, 27 million is not possible at all.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Hello, Lazio fan here.

Tbh we don't expect anyone to pay 27M for Andreas.

Good that there is Lazio fan, I actually had question for any Serie A knowledgeable person. What are the squad rules which are preventing announcement at Lazio before prior departures? I read 2 players, including Southampton's Hoedt are currently on hold as Lazio need to sell/let go players first?

talking robot

Good luck to him. That's one down, and many more to go: We need to get Mata, Rojo, Jones, Lingard, and maybe James off the books (personally I'd like to see Smalling stay, even if this is unlikely).

GazTheLegend

Agree with the posters about the abuse he gets, it’s a joke. He’s not intentionally playing shit, and despite his flaws, you can’t accuse him of not putting in effort.

The loan with an option to buy isn’t ideal, maybe we could insert a loan fee that is only payable if they don’t buy. Then at least over the space of a few years we recoup most of a transfer fee.
He's not even that bad. I've seen him live and he is -skillful-, man. REALLY skillful.

Like - in the right team he will be a great player. He's not Fernandes level and maybe never will be, he's not as good as van den Beek, or even Fred, but honestly (at his worst) Pogba is more dangerous to the team cohesion than Pereira is. The fans are wildly fickle here though and he's had a few shocking games so I guess it's not worked out, but we've had worse players play >20 games a season for us.

Mainoldo

All the best to him. He should do well I. Italy. I hope he does anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.