Andreas Pereira Long Term Plan

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Sadly, with Jose intent on getting Fellaini to stay I think the chances of Periera being used around the squad are extremely thin.

Can only see another loan or being sold, which is unfortunate for the player that it doesn't look like he'll get a chance he does deserve here. We'll sack Fellaini off next season or next and then be in the hunt for a young talented midfielder to replace him. We'll essentially be after someone like Periera in a season or so.

So dross from Jose fighting so hard to keep a useful 30 something instead of using and developing what we have.

Futures of TFM/Tuanzebe/Shaw/Rashford/Periera really do look bleak under Jose
I know how dare a manager demand that his players break into the first team and play well enough to keep their place.
Also what the feck with wanting a player that you think does a good job for you to stay at your club? This Jose must be the first manager in history to have these expectations/wants.

deafepl

If only Spurs applied the same logic when Kane was on loan at Norwich.
Or Beckham at the Preston End. If we follow his logic, Beckham and plenty of other midfielders wouldn't happen if they didn't get a chance.

Sterling Archer

Went to Valencia as he wished. Didn't do enough to get into the Brazil squad. Fair to say I don't expect much from him this coming season.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
In what position would he be essential though? If we go and buy a RW (I know, if...) he'll be 3rd choice at best for every possible position that he can play in. Doesn't really scream "essential" to me.
He is a natural 10, can play cm and can play right wing. He can comfortably be Lingard's competition in the number 10 role, he can compete with Mata for the right wing slot plus he can be the creative alternative to Pogba when we choose to rest our first choice XI in midfield. Its now just a matter of JM deciding to hand him the chance to do exactly that.

El Jefe

Another year for people to hype up Pereira leading into a new season only to ignore how average he was in the season just gone.

By the end of next season, we'll have the same thread after a mediocre spell on loan somewhere.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Went to Valencia as he wished. Didn't do enough to get into the Brazil squad. Fair to say I don't expect much from him this coming season.
Best not bother with Sandro then. Someone better tell Liverpool fans Fabinho is shit. Anderson and Talisca must be sub par, too.

Sterling Archer

Be serious please
Only an absolute miracle would have got him into the Brazil squad for the world cup regardless of what he could have done for Valencia...:lol:
Best not bother with Sandro then. Someone better tell Liverpool fans Fabinho is shit. Anderson and Talisca must be sub par, too.
Ah indeed you've both got a point...I should just have left it at:

He couldn't consistently start for Valencia. So fair to say I don't expect much from him this season.

That better for your pointless pendantry?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
By all accounts he had an average season at Valencia but the talent is clearly there. I'll reserve my judgement until next season. Hopefully he gets a decent enough chance to show what he's got about him.

If he comes in and does great, then - brilliant! If he comes and has no impact, well; I didn't expect him to be back at United anyway. So I'll either be happy or just meh.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

He couldn't consistently start for Valencia. So fair to say I don't expect much from him this season.

If you want to oversimplify something that we have already provided plenty of examples to the contrary, then sure, knock yourself out.

Sterling Archer

If you want to oversimplify something that we have already provided plenty of examples to the contrary, then sure, knock yourself out.
No, the problem I have is there's such a wild incompatibility around with expectations of players and the club.

Fans want great football, seemingly at all costs.

Fans want youngsters to come in and get preferential starts. Many who have not shown their worth in recent times (no dwelling in memory lane)

Fans want us to challenge Manchester City for the title and Madrid for the CL.

The last is my priority. And I don't see a player like Pereira making a dramatic leap this season to be more than a bit part role. That's going off his particular history. Not going to use other players as an example. Evaluation and expectation soley on him . Happy to see him prove me wrong .but doesn't seem likely yet.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

Its not our fault your prefer to make dumb commentary and claim we are being pedantic for pointing it out. Thats on you.

Jacob

Hate to break it to you, he's not that great. Leave sentimentality out of it.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
If we switch to 3men midfield which should be the case, I think he will still be behind Herrera, Fellaini and Lingard as a CM, so his only chance will be RW, where he will be behind Mata, Lingard and Rashford on rotation...Still hope he will try his best to impress because you can see he's clearly talented and could surpass someone like Lingard who I rate highly playing similar positions.. but the competition is huge and unfortunately we decided to extend to the big lump and faith will be put into a non player like McTominay who will eat both minutes of Pereira or Herrera who are clearly better players..

But let's really hope he will utilize his experience form his loan spells, and take his chance in preseason tour where a lot of players will be resting. Also hope that Jose is not saying that just so, he shoul dgive hima chance if he shows the determination and talent...

Sterling Archer

Its not our fault your prefer to make dumb commentary and claim we are being pedantic for pointing it out. Thats on you.
How is it dumb commentary?

We've got a debate going on in the 'not good enough for your country' thread and this is a pretty good example of one side.

Kid went to, in my opinion, a club of lesser stature for the sake of playing more. He didn't light the world afire there. Making the national team is a great marker, typically, for a players place amongst his peers. And Pereira, having had enough chances to at least be in contention, didn't get selected.

Given our newest midfield signing , also a Brazilian, is in the NT squad, that along with better amd more consistent performances for his club, including the champions league, means Pereira drops one more down the Utd midfield pecking order .

So, my expectations are lowwwwwww. He's got a lot of improving to do before he meets my expectations let alone Jose.

It's one thing if you say making the Brazil team is hard. But when the reply starts off with a condescending tone about it, laughy face and all, then maybe i should have used a less kind word than pedantic to describe it.

Ashley R1+O

If he stays he can really push for a spot on the right as there is quite a gap that multiple players are in the mix for. I don't see him pushing through McTominay and then Fellaini/Herrera Fred in the midfield pecking order but there is a definite carrot there to kick start his career. The rewards for him to push into our team past the MF players and maybe the flank players is huge for him at this stage of his career. Hope he takes it by the scruff of the neck and gives the cherry a real good bite.

IrishRedDevil

Lets hope he has a good preseason and he can offer depth both in midfield and on the right wing. It's good news that he has told Jose he is ready to fight for a place and Jose has confirmed he will get his chance, so it's up to him to take it now.

Craig Ward

I know how dare a manager demand that his players break into the first team and play well enough to keep their place.
Also what the feck with wanting a player that you think does a good job for you to stay at your club? This Jose must be the first manager in history to have these expectations/wants.
Taken a little out of context I feel but each to they're own lol

Jose hasn't played Pereira to give him that chance, likewise some of the others. You don't think Shaw can be a better LB than young? Bear in mind Shaw IS a LB and young is a converted LB. Jose doesn't give youngsters the confidence or opportunity.

And Jose rates Fellaini, yes. Is Fellaini staying really going to improve us significantly? No

Prodigy24

That Santos loan move is so random. But I don't care much since I think that some of our fans are massively overrating this guy.

svn

That Santos loan move is so random. But I don't care much since I think that some of our fans are massively overrating this guy.
I agree. I think our fanbase has a bad habit of overrating players that aren't being played, especially young players. He's not a bad player, but he hasn't really impressed in the few chances he's received so far. He could still turn out to be very good, but I don't think he's a starter for us at this stage.

L1nk

Regardless of being overrated, i would like to see him be possibly overrated playing for United so we can finally decide whether he is actually good enough for us or not and stop wasting everyones damn time, I imagine now would of been the perfect time because i could see Solksjaer playing him, but oh well. He'll leave at the end of the season I think now

steakpie

We should sell him. He's a good player but isn't United class.

Last edited by a moderator:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s been playing under different manager and none of them seem to be convinced. I don’t think he’s good enough for United. Time to move on, there are other players in our academy are hunting for first team choice. Let’s not waste our time on Andreas & let’s not waste his time either, he’s not a teenager anymore and should start playing regularly in professional football.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Think he struggles with not having a position nailed down. He has never actually nailed down a single position and even now I don't know where I'd see him as best fitting.

He has good link up skills and passing range, however he doesn't have the required defensive accumen to play in defensive midfield. He also doesn't have enough impact on games to play as a 10. Best place I see for him now is as a replacement for Pogba, however that wouldn't be often enough to truly see how he'd perform consistently.

el3mel

He's going to leave in summer. Good player but kinda overrated. He's a good squad option for but I don't think he'll like the idea so he'll leave.

Silas

Think he struggles with not having a position nailed down. He has never actually nailed down a single position and even now I don't know where I'd see him as best fitting.

He has good link up skills and passing range, however he doesn't have the required defensive accumen to play in defensive midfield. He also doesn't have enough impact on games to play as a 10. Best place I see for him now is as a replacement for Pogba, however that wouldn't be often enough to truly see how he'd perform consistently.
What about as a #8 with a DM behind him and Pogba?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
How about him getting a chance under a competent manager who respects the aspects of the game he brings to the table?

Using Mourinho's mismanagement of the player and our dire midfield as a measure of a player like Pereira is a ridiculous thing to do. Also, talking about the youngster he was, and not what he may be now, is pointless.

The kid needs a run of games in a side that has some cohesion to it and enough belief in him that he isn't dropped for something or other that wouldn't result in the same for others in that area of the pitch. Then we can talk about whether he's good enough, or not, as the case may be.

worldinmotion66

How about him getting a chance under a competent manager who respects the aspects of the game he brings to the table?

Using Mourinho's mismanagement of the player and our dire midfield as a measure of a player like Pereira is a ridiculous thing to do. Also, talking about the youngster he was, and not what he may be now, is pointless.

The kid needs a run of games in a side that has some cohesion to it and enough belief in him that he isn't dropped for something or other that wouldn't result in the same for others in that area of the pitch. Then we can talk about whether he's good enough, or not, as the case may be.
This.

The way people change their tune on here is ridiculous. When José was here so many rated Andreas and blamed mourinhos mismanagement, no Ole doesn't pick him and the conclusion is that he's not good enough? He's never been given a chance.

Red_toad

This.

The way people change their tune on here is ridiculous. When José was here so many rated Andreas and blamed mourinhos mismanagement, no Ole doesn't pick him and the conclusion is that he's not good enough? He's never been given a chance.

Maybe he’s never earned his chance. He’s been at United longer than Jose and was a bit part player in his last season in Spain. Had 1 good season in a terrible team the season prior.
Blaming 1 manager for a player not forcing his way into the team is just wrong. If he was as good as some on here rate him
He’d have established himself this season.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Maybe he’s never earned his chance. He’s been at United longer than Jose and was a bit part player in his last season in Spain. Had 1 good season in a terrible team the season prior.
Blaming 1 manager for a player not forcing his way into the team is just wrong. If he was as good as some on here rate him
He’d have established himself this season.
This doesn't work as young, normal players obviously have to build up a body of work - let's throw out the early developers and prodigies because their trajectory is abnormal. Pereira has flaws and weaknesses in his game that only playing time will work out of him, to get that playing time, he needs to be under a manager who doesn't throw him under the bus at the first instance. Mourinho had zero time for him; whether he played well or not, the net result was exactly the same. Mourinho played favourites and he would rather an under-performing player who matches with his ideology than a player not suited in physique who does well. Matic is prime evidence of this as he was played irrespective of performance and would have been all season long no matter what.

That's going to cause other players damage, especially younger ones who can't even get a look in and then the slide begins. Mourinho is a zero-risk manager who only plays physically mature youngsters - those of considerable size, strength, pace or all three, if you don't fit the criteria, he'll have no hesitation in pulling you for the smallest of mistakes - this is disastrous for a young player who needs his manager to show faith in him and actually help him through his tough times, not bench him for months. Mourinho even benched him after he played well - there was no hope for him whilst that man was in charge.

He wasn't ready for that chance under LVG, but he came a long way since then, so much so, he was lied to and kept here at the start of the season when he could have gone off and had a more fruitful campaign being played elsewhere. It will be interesting to see what happens with him under Ole, who, I would hope is a fairer, more objective manager than the guy who has just left.

Kostov

What is this sudden narrative that he is overrated? He is overrated for those who thought he is ready to cement a first team spot for us. He isn't, yet. But Pereira is a very good footballer who we should try and develop. He is a more talented footballer than Lingard for example, and Jesse is still here at 26.

Water Melon

What is this sudden narrative that he is overrated? He is overrated for those who thought he is ready to cement a first team spot for us. He isn't, yet. But Pereira is a very good footballer who we should try and develop. He is a more talented footballer than Lingard for example, and Jesse is still here at 26.
I also do not get who is overrating Pereira here. He is a decent footballer, can pass, dribble, has a good engine. Do not why Mou treated him the way he did. I am sure Andreas will get his chance under Ole and will show the goods that he can produce.