Andreas Pereira Long Term Plan

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's never had a solid run of 5+ games in the team, you can't ever truly tell how good a player is until that happens.

I don't think he should be playing as the 6 as defensively he just isn't good enough yet, but as an 8 he's perfectly fine IMO. He should be played next to Pogba with Herrera in rotation with Fred.

Ekeke

He’s been playing under different manager and none of them seem to be convinced. I don’t think he’s good enough for United. Time to move on, there are other players in our academy are hunting for first team choice. Let’s not waste our time on Andreas & let’s not waste his time either, he’s not a teenager anymore and should start playing regularly in professional football.
Valencia wanted to keep him, we just wouldnt let him go at the amount they were willing to pay. While he wasnt starting every week at Valencia he made enough of an impression that they thought he would make it there and wanted to buy him.

He just needs to be given games in a role hes had decent experience playing. Thats a normal CM role - not camped 2 yards in front of the CBs, or right midfield where he played for Valencia.

Statistically he's done some impressive things in his few matches he's played for us this season :

He's made the most accurate short passes in the team per 90 mins this season.

He's made the 3rd most tackles in the team and attempted the 2nd most, showing a strong work ethic when hes played as he has been working hard both when he has the ball and without it.

2nd most interceptions which again tells the same thing. He's working hard when we dont have the ball like Ander and few others.

The problem with him then? Well, he has given away the most freekicks. And got the most bookings during his time on the pitch. So he's still learning the defensive side and while all the effort is there, he can still do a better job and not give away so many freekicks and bookings.

He's also yet to make a key pass this season but then again he only played 1 game in an offensive role and the majority of the time he's been a deep CM.

I still believe the best thing he has in his locker is a shot that when he connects right, is going to beat any keeper and score a great goal. So I'd like to see him in a position where he can get a few shots on target as well.

Last edited:

Ashley R1+O

What about as a #8 with a DM behind him and Pogba?
Matic or Fellaini as the DM? Take your pick. After Herrera gets dropped or needs a rest.

The make-up of the wider squad is an absolute mess. I'd love to see more Peirera but there are about four other players there that are in an identical situation because the stocking got stuffed with a bunch of players we didn't really need.

Ekeke

If we want to play offensive attacking football we dont need someone playing the "Matic" role. We can have Ander playing a normal CM role and he'll win the ball back more than Matic would, but get in more attacking positions to help the team get on the scoresheet. So play Ander with 2 other CMs - Pogba & Fred, Pogba & Andreas, whatever

izec

He's never had a solid run of 5+ games in the team, you can't ever truly tell how good a player is until that happens.

I don't think he should be playing as the 6 as defensively he just isn't good enough yet, but as an 8 he's perfectly fine IMO. He should be played next to Pogba with Herrera in rotation with Fred.
I agree. Pogba and Herrera starting, with Fred and Pereira rotating for the third one. Him and Fred were criminally underused. If you dont play them, they wont improve on their potential

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I agree. Pogba and Herrera starting, with Fred and Pereira rotating for the third one. Him and Fred were criminally underused. If you dont play them, they wont improve on their potential
Fred looked great against Wolves and scored, but then got tired - fair enough.

Jose then benches him for weeks after that? just didn't make sense. It was like he wanted to kill his confidence.

neilv93

Apologies if there's another posting of this elsewhere but we've triggered his one-year option today - great news! Starting to play up to his undoubted ability and could no doubt be a viable squad option as a minimum long-term. This gives him the platform to work towards a new and improved long-term deal too so great for all parties.

steakpie

In my opinion he is a decent player but not good enough for United. I wouldn't mind if we sold him.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I would keep him, he has more in his locker than he has really shown yet - and in any case we need cover in midfield.

MadMike

I thought he would really feature for us this season, after coming back form a decent season at Valencia and impressing in the friendlies. But he's been pretty underwhelming and quite reckless in possession when he's played. With his last year extension activated he must be in last chance saloon by now. He's 23 and time is running out to cement a place in the squad or be moved on.

Decomposing In Paris

Really pleased to see we've got him for next season.

I think we could still do with one more midfielder in the Summer (and I'm desperate for us to keep Herrera), but you can't help but be impressed with the way Pogba, Herrera, and Matic have done since Ole has come in, nor can you argue with the cover McTomminey, Fred and Pereira have given them when they were out. With the system we play, the demands on the two CM alongside Pogba are huge, and we've got to allow for rest and recovery. Andreas has the tools to do the job, and the potential for a little bit of magic as well.

edcunited1878

The past month or so has been his first experience in the first team squad at United. He's still learning and acclimating to everything related to being a first team player at United.

He's a solid squad option with plenty of room to improve under Ole and staff, assuming they are retained on a long term deal going into the summer. If Andreas wants a lot more playing time, he'll obviously have to leave for another league and definitely to a midtable team.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I thought he was a goner but he impressed me against Liverpool and PSG. If he can consistently put in performances like that he absolutely has a role here.