Andreas Pereira vs Jesse Lingard

MrBest

£1. £1 is too much.

I've just paid £1 for a lucky dip on PES online. And out of 85 players rated 80+/100, who do I pull?.....

Feel my pain.

Look at him...

And look at these magnificent stats...
...85 tight possession stands out

Glorious
That is hilarious, my only suggestion is to stick to FIFa. He is a 79 which is still high but not an 82!

wolvored

Its like a choice between a bottle of piss and a bag of shit. You just dont want either.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
A bit like comparing a plate of turds with a plate of diarrhoea.

passing-wind

Lingard is not first team material but won't succeed under Solskjaer because we don't play a possession based system which caters for the movement that irrespective of fans opinions he does offer the team. He has at best a decent functioning footballing brain, you can galvanise a players intelligence from their movement, how they pick up pockets of space, when to drop off etc this is what Lingard does well if the circumstances are in his favour. Lingard should always be mentioned in a rotational option squad member not an integral first team player.

Pereria on the other hand is absolutely garbage. I can't think of a worst player then him barring anything other player who has played since SAF retired including Jones. Again my opinion is somewhat circumspect because I remember reading articles of how well he was doing in La Liga with Valencia so maybe it's a case of English football not being made for him.

So for me Pereria should be sold and Lingard should be on the bench throughout a season to change a game if we need to keep the ball moving.

Maticmaker

Lingard is not first team material but won't succeed under Solskjaer because we don't play a possession based system which caters for the movement that irrespective of fans opinions he does offer the team. He has at best a decent functioning footballing brain, you can galvanise a players intelligence from their movement, how they pick up pockets of space, when to drop off etc this is what Lingard does well if the circumstances are in his favour. Lingard should always be mentioned in a rotational option squad member not an integral first team player.

Pereria on the other hand is absolutely garbage. I can't think of a worst player then him barring anything other player who has played since SAF retired including Jones. Again my opinion is somewhat circumspect because I remember reading articles of how well he was doing in La Liga with Valencia so maybe it's a case of English football not being made for him.

So for me Pereria should be sold and Lingard should be on the bench throughout a season to change a game if we need to keep the ball moving.
Spot on mate.

Stadjer

Could you come up with some examples to prove this intelligence Lingard has? This intelligence and the off the ball movement he is praised for is always mentioned but i dont really see it. It isnt any better than most other players... or maybe i just dont see it.

For me it is starting to look like he maybe once made some good moves and now it keeps getting mentioned as his quality but he doesnt actually do it anymore. Or atleast not often and/or good enough to be mentioned as a quality.

Djemba-Djemba

Still baffles me people think Lingard can be a worthy squad option.

He's bee fecking awful for almost 2 years now, this isn't a small dip in form, this is just how he is.

He should be no where near the squad, should be sold.

OverratedOpinion

Lingard is a Championship level player. I struggle to understand how Pereira is a professional football player.

Fosu-Mens

You're not alone mate.
So you would rather have the club get rid of Pereira than Lingard? While we should aim to get rid of both, Lingard is by far the worst player to have as a backup.

At least Pereira can pass (if given time), cross and take set-pieces. In addition, he earns less than half of what Lingard is on. And he does not hide and actually attempts to be an option when the team is on the ball.

Pereira could be sold in the summer without any problem due to a relatively low wage. Lingard would be extremely difficult to get rid of.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
As people I feel sorry for them as they seem to be so cheerful and bubbly during interviews. They seem like nice guys.

But this is a job, and it's a tough environment. Nice guys don't get far in life.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I would keep Andreas as a squad player or someone to bring on when we want to protect a lead.

Lingard can go though. Who will take him though.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I dont see any of them as squad players. But i Cant see them both leaving in the summer. So it has to be JlingZ that go first In my Opinion. im just tired of see him at the club now.
Pereira can still do a job against weak opponents. he’s trying atleast.

-Supreme-

I would keep Andreas as a squad player or someone to bring on when we want to protect a lead.

Lingard can go though. Who will take him though.
I see a lot of people here have very low expectations of a squad player.

I fully expect our squad players to have the qualities to challenge the first team to keep everyone on their toes so players like Rashford, Martial, AWB etc will always feel threaten of their spots if they don't perform.

If our expectations as most say to "protect a lead" we might as well replace them with our youth team

bondsname

I don't want either of those two near a United team. I know many hate Lingard, but I actually feel bad for him. I actually believe he is aware of how bad he is, and is actually struggling, and coming to a realisation that he isn't very good.

Pereira on the other hand lives in his own little magic bubble where he truly believes he is a great player. When in reality he is absolute garbage. I have never seen a player make the same mistake after mistake again. He should never be allowed to shoot from the outside of the box again, and never be in possession of the ball in a position which would be considered dangerous if he loses it, which he does consistently. This kid will never learn, if he loses the ball 5 times in one game, he will not be more cautious the next game, he will continue to overrate his own ability and lose the ball 5 times the next game. He will attempt 3 shots and not even test the goalkeeper, and instead of learning from his experience and maybe next time look for teammates in a better position, no, he attempts the same shitty shots the next game.

Both should leave but God I just cant stand Pereira. It's probably easier to offload Pereira cause he is young and on a lower wage. Cant see anyone matching Lingard's wages. Maybe we can just terminate his contract or something? :lol:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
With Pereira it's important to separate his central midfield performances from his performances at RM or AM. He's been absolutely terrible almost every single time he's played in the deeper role, and unfortunately five of his last eight starts have been there. By this stage it's not fair to blame him for that as it's obviously something that shouldn't be happening, but our complete lack of options in that position means Ole is playing him there anyway.

Pereira had been quite comfortably outperforming Lingard in the first half of the season, and it's only been these last 2 months or so (when he's being mostly played in the deeper role) that he's dropped down to a similar level.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
With Pereira it's important to separate his central midfield performances from his performances at RM or AM. He's been absolutely terrible almost every single time he's played in the deeper role, and unfortunately five of his last eight starts have been there. By this stage it's not fair to blame him for that as it's obviously something that shouldn't be happening, but our complete lack of options in that position means Ole is playing him there anyway.

Pereira had been quite comfortably outperforming Lingard in the first half of the season, and it's only been these last 2 months or so (when he's being mostly played in the deeper role) that he's dropped down to a similar level.
The only difference with Andreas playing a deeper CM role vs a higher attacking role is that when he loses the ball in CM there is more direct danger on our goal than when he loses the ball up on the wings. Otherwise there is no difference whatsoever. His brain works on dial up when he gets the ball. Very limited intellectual that unfortunately is not blessed with the speed of thought required at the top level - see Bruno as case example.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Andreas is a player you expect to be a bit like Ronaldinho but for some reason He plays like Kevin Nolan.
Lingard is a player you don't expect to be like anyone but for some reason He manages to imitate Cleverley.

RUCK4444

I don't want either of those two near a United team. I know many hate Lingard, but I actually feel bad for him. I actually believe he is aware of how bad he is, and is actually struggling, and coming to a realisation that he isn't very good.

Pereira on the other hand lives in his own little magic bubble where he truly believes he is a great player. When in reality he is absolute garbage. I have never seen a player make the same mistake after mistake again. He should never be allowed to shoot from the outside of the box again, and never be in possession of the ball in a position which would be considered dangerous if he loses it, which he does consistently. This kid will never learn, if he loses the ball 5 times in one game, he will not be more cautious the next game, he will continue to overrate his own ability and lose the ball 5 times the next game. He will attempt 3 shots and not even test the goalkeeper, and instead of learning from his experience and maybe next time look for teammates in a better position, no, he attempts the same shitty shots the next game.

Both should leave but God I just cant stand Pereira. It's probably easier to offload Pereira cause he is young and on a lower wage. Cant see anyone matching Lingard's wages. Maybe we can just terminate his contract or something? :lol:
Totally agree, especially with the boldpart.

The useless shooting from outside the box when he has better options available is more frustrating than anything Lingard related.

Both need selling, no team will want either.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

Its not the system. Besides one purple patch in 16/17 hes been garbage his entire time here, under no less than 5 different managers. Under Fergie, Moyes and LvG he was "still young and developing" something that was mentioned so often on here it turned into a running joke.

No one would claim we play possession based football, but we have had games where we have had 60-70% possession (the ones we struggle in) and hes still manage to be one of the worst players on the pitch every single time. Additionally, we play a different kind of counter football now than under Jose, where we most of the time try to keep the ball on the ground when attacking instead of playing high balls.

If Lindgard truly had decent footballing intelligence and movement he would look good in such a system, but he instead manages to deliver stonewall 2/10 performances every single time.

Maybe its wishful thinking, but seeing as we have returning players now and both Lindgard and Pereira have been dropped from the matchday squad today i think the Brugge game was their last chance to cheat the hangman

zenith

If we get Grealish and a DM, then we have enough strength in depth in midfield to get rid of both

GiddyUp

Lingard will retire early to play in the celebrity charity matches and appear at every FA Cup Final to tell everyone what a great occasion it is and to cherish the moment. His fashion sense will have matured to a stupid bow tie.
Pereira will end up playing for six Turkish clubs.

I wish them no ill will and hope they both continue to get paid handsomely where ever they end up but they have to just go as soon as the first offer comes in.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Jesse has the talent to be a squad player at United. He lost his way but the talent is there. Periera does not. He's as out of depth as a United player as Ole is as our manager.

Kostov

Jesse has the talent to be a squad player at United. He lost his way but the talent is there. Periera does not. He's as out of depth as a United player as Ole is as our manager.
Jesse is the luckiest chap on earth, he has the talent of a League 1 player.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Jesse is the luckiest chap on earth, he has the talent of a League 1 player.
Look mate, if I could I would drive Jlingz out myself. However it's undeniable that he can cover the squad player role if his heart is in it in the same way fortune or Phil nev did. The trouble is that his heart isn't at it anymore.

Periera is simply not good enough

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
They’ll both be part of the next squad, I don’t think Ole has it in him to get rid. They’re clearly not good enough for us if we want to push for the title.

They wouldn’t be near any other top 4 clubs squad. Just because they were academy players, shouldn’t give them a free pass.

I’d much rather see Gomes, Garner and a couple other younger lads be in and around the squad the rest of the season. Then make the right decision in the summer and sell them.