Andy Kellet - 2015 performances

Castia

I think you've had a Bebe moment yourself describing a loan as a 'Bebe' moment.

Well the loan makes it all the more bizarre, Im not on about the transfer fee involved with Bebe I'm talking about the nature of signing an unknown lower league player.

jb8521

Is Kellet the guy Joyce specifically mentioned in an u21 post-match interview last year. The lad had picked up a knock or something and he'd played on against us and played very well. Showed lots of guts. Something along those lines anyway and Joyce specially picked him out on MUTV for praise. Pretty sure the lad was a left back? Anyone remember might that have been Kellet?
I think it might have been actually. I could be wrong but I think he got injured early on but kept going while trying to mark Zaha

bdecuc

I think it might have been actually. I could be wrong but I think he got injured early on but kept going while trying to mark Zaha
Yeah thats kind of how I remember it also. There's a good chance that was against Bolton and Kellet. Can't be sure.

432JuanMata

Rated Pereira is the best young player in the academy. Good interview overall but the question where he is asked to describe being here in 1 word he says strange, makes me think that he doesn't even think he'll last here.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Rated Pereira is the best young player in the academy. Good interview overall but the question where he is asked to describe being here in 1 word he says strange, makes me think that he doesn't even think he'll last here.
Because he won't. He is going back to Bolton at the end of the season.

Sid234

He looked impressive in the games that I've seen him play.. I think he'll make a good Championship defender at the very least

khoazany

He looked impressive in the games that I've seen him play.. I think he'll make a good Championship defender at the very least
Yeah he's good on the ball and quite pacey.Haven't seen any problem defensively so far as well.

Adcuth

If he's done well would a 2nd season loan be on the cards to see if he can progress in our team?

limerickcitykid

He wasn't good against City but he has been really good during his time here. Just seen he actually won Plymouth's young player of the year award as well. I'd say there is no chance of us signing him though, he is almost 22 and will never make our first team, he was only brought in so Reece James could go on loan. I'd imagine CBJ will be looking to take the LB spot for the u21s.

jb8521

He wasn't good against City but he has been really good during his time here. Just seen he actually won Plymouth's young player of the year award as well. I'd say there is no chance of us signing him though, he is almost 22 and will never make our first team, he was only brought in so Reece James could go on loan. I'd imagine CBJ will be looking to take the LB spot for the u21s.
I thought apart from the first 10 minutes he did well against City

limerickcitykid

I thought apart from the first 10 minutes he did well against City
Yeah he still wasn't bad. Had some trouble with Nemane at the start but by the second half he had him shut out. I guess I've been so impressed with him so far I'm starting to have higher expectations of him. He was a couple years younger I would have been all for signing him.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol: At there being an Andy Kellet performances thread.

khoazany

We certainly have to bring another LB unless we want James to stay and back up for the first team.If CBJ is injured at some point next season we (the U21s) will be fecked as I'm not even sure who'll play LB for the U18s next season to be called upon when needed (knowing McGuinness he'll play a CM or CB there).

limerickcitykid

We certainly have to bring another LB unless we want James to stay and back up for the first team.If CBJ is injured at some point next season we (the U21s) will be fecked as I'm not even sure who'll play LB for the U18s next season to be called upon when needed.
Yeah, there is the talk of this Sam Grimshaw lad who is supposed to be a left-sided player so if we decide to sign him he could make up the numbers in a Veseli type deal. Kellet might be in with a chance of breaking into Bolton's first team so he'd probably prefer to stay there then to play another season with our u21s.

khoazany

Yeah, there is the talk of this Sam Grimshaw lad who is supposed to be a left-sided player so if we decide to sign him he could make up the numbers in a Veseli type deal. Kellet might be in with a chance of breaking into Bolton's first team so he'd probably prefer to stay there then to play another season with our u21s.
Yeah Sam Grimshaw will probably be the next signing though I would prefer to just loan him or sign a younger player.Borthwick-Jackson will feature heavily in the UEFA Youth Cup if we qualify as well (the new format of 64 teams means that we will have more games in this tournament if we don't feck up in the group stage) so it makes perfect sense to have another option.

Last edited:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Now a Wigan Athletic player.

limerickcitykid

Now a Wigan Athletic player.

Should be a good signing for them, he was very good during his time here. I wonder what they are going to do with him and Reece James though. Push one up to LM or maybe Reece will move into CM. Actually just checked and they seem to play 3 at the back with Reece at LCB, so Kellett will go into the LWB spot.

What is?

Sid234

He looked really good both defensively and going forward. Great buy for wigan

limerickcitykid

limerickcitykid

What actually happened than?
Well the whole premise of the article seems to be to take a dig at van Gaal who had absolutely nothing to do with the deal. van Gaal didn't sign Kellett, Warren Joyce did and said so in an interview after the signing and talked about where he first saw Kellett and how he was impressed by him for Bolton's u21s.

The article says about a one year loan spell which was cut short which isn't true. We signed him in January so does this writer think we signed him on a January to January loan deal? Of course we didn't.

Strangest transfer in PL history. Well no because it was an u21s signing, not a PL signing. In fact, he had already played for two clubs that season so I'm not sure if he'd have even been eligible to play for our first team.

The signing wasn't strange anyway. We loaned Saidy Janko to Bolton and thus needed a FB replacement so Joyce insisted we get Kellett in return. He then played a key role for the u21s leading to another u21s league title.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Well the whole premise of the article seems to be to take a dig at van Gaal who had absolutely nothing to do with the deal. van Gaal didn't sign Kellett, Warren Joyce did and said so in an interview after the signing and talked about where he first saw Kellett and how he was impressed by him for Bolton's u21s.

The article says about a one year loan spell which was cut short which isn't true. We signed him in January so does this writer think we signed him on a January to January loan deal? Of course we didn't.

Strangest transfer in PL history. Well no because it was an u21s signing, not a PL signing. In fact, he had already played for two clubs that season so I'm not sure if he'd have even been eligible to play for our first team.

The signing wasn't strange anyway. We loaned Saidy Janko to Bolton and thus needed a FB replacement so Joyce insisted we get Kellett in return. He then played a key role for the u21s leading to another u21s league title.
That's all fine, but is he as shit as they say he is? :)