Andy Mitten: United carried out an investigation into leaks from the dressing room

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Oh yeah I can definitely see Andy Mitten dressing up like Bear Grylls, sneaking around players. "Leakers in the wild".

Nah. Everyone and their grandma know it was Lingard and Pogba.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Yeah and as Andy Mitten said, Pogba avoided even trusted United journalists like him. If he's avoiding Mitten then he's definitely not going to be leaking stuff to the press in general, especially the English one.

Main leakers were 2 of Matic, Lingard and Grant.
The Rebekah Vardy shit has shown it doesn’t have to be a player. Pogba could moan to someone close to him who leaks everything for all we know.

hobbers

I dont know if the Arnold quote about Pogba is genuine or not but the fact Pogba had a bad relationship with English press means absolutely nothing as to whether he'd be leaking.

Raiola would leak stuff to the English press to further Pogba's situation at United. So would his lawyer who was basically living with him in Cheshire.

Mainoldo

Do we though?
Yes. How many times do we have to get spoon fed positive information from his PR team In the papers. All the extra hours training etc etc. We know it doesn’t just work one way.

AFC NimbleThumb

Oh yeah I can definitely see Andy Mitten dressing up like Bear Grylls, sneaking around players. "Leakers in the wild".

Yawn, time to move on lad. You’re a Manchester United fan that posts on a forum, you know absolutely nothing as fact on the matter. The fact you won’t get the irony in taking the piss out of Mitten for his nonsense then spouting your own sums posters like you up perfectly.

Your guesswork may well be correct but you & your nan know feck all about the inner workings of the dressing room. Now do as we all can, watch from a distance & hope for the best.

I’ll be bookmarking this crap for the first leaked starting line up or training ground story. You’d have to be a cretin to think 2 first teamers are the only ones with connections to the press. Especially when 1 of the 2 mentioned had a rather public distain for British Journalists. This squad is still littered with wrong’uns.

stevoc

Yes. How many times do we have to get spoon fed positive information from his PR team In the papers. All the extra hours training etc etc. We know it doesn’t just work one way.
Yeah you must be right there's absolutely no other reason anyone would ever want to share positive information about Marcus Rashford.

stevoc

Lingard obviously was the prime candidate but Pogba I'm not so sure, wouldn't shock me if he was though.

Jesse was definitely leaking all over the place though.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Yawn, time to move on lad. You’re a Manchester United fan that posts on a forum, you know absolutely nothing as fact on the matter. The fact you won’t get the irony in taking the piss out of Mitten for his nonsense then spouting your own sums posters like you up perfectly.

Your guesswork may well be correct but you & your nan know feck all about the inner workings of the dressing room. Now do as we all can, watch from a distance & hope for the best.

I’ll be bookmarking this crap for the first leaked starting line up or training ground story. You’d have to be a cretin to think 2 first teamers are the only ones with connections to the press. Especially when 1 of the 2 mentioned had a rather public distain for British Journalists. This squad is still littered with wrong’uns.
Bookmark whichever posts you like. By the way Richard Arnold was quoted saying 2 of the leakers have left. I might be wrong with Pogba but I couldnt be happier now that he has left after all the years we have put up with his and his agent craps. All I was saying, if it quacks like a duck, maybe it is a duck. The fact that after he left he made a documentary about himself and started dissing United told me he didnt really enjoy his time at the club and guess who is often a leaker and gossips? disgruntled players. Happens in all organizations not only United.

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

I dont know if the Arnold quote about Pogba is genuine or not but the fact Pogba had a bad relationship with English press means absolutely nothing as to whether he'd be leaking.

Raiola would leak stuff to the English press to further Pogba's situation at United. So would his lawyer who was basically living with him in Cheshire.
In what other walk of life would a person publicly berate something [read, Pogba slating UK news outlets] then turn round & help them out? It simply doesn’t make sense to the scale people want to believe & isn’t a conclusion anyone would draw in most instances. It’s funny how much credit people give Pogba as if he’s a peer worrying about the things we do as fans on this forum. It’s easy to make comments like ‘Raiola would leak’ then leave that hanging as fact, & I’m not saying he didn’t but of all agents Raiola would just do an interview & talk himself, it wasn’t some covert project with Pogba & United.

The trouble with the incessant Pogba is ‘the reason for X’ is that the same outlets you want to believe were leaked to were the ones writing all sorts about him throughout his United return. Does that mean he didn’t leak stuff? Of course not, he was a gobshite as we’re those close to him but surely it’s time for fans to broaden their horizons a little. We should be far more concerned with the access journalists have to our England internationals & how no matter how bad certain ones performed last season the criticism never matched it.
Bookmark whichever posts you like. By the way Richard Arnold was quoted saying 2 of the leakers have left. I might be wrong with Pogba but I couldnt be happier now that he has left after all the years we have put up with his and his agent craps. All I was saying, if it quacks like a duck, maybe it is a duck. The fact that after he left he made a documentary about himself and started dissing United told me he didnt really enjoy his time at the club and guess who is often a leaker and gossips? disgruntled players. Happens in all organizations not only United.
He wasn’t the only duck is the point. You do understand that ‘2 of’ would mean more to follow & that not only the aforementioned have left this closed season. The documentary has no tangible link to the press leaks but see how you’ve made a tenuous link & formed a narrative around it. He was unhappy = he leaked to press, which ignores his fractious relationship with said press & the fact he/his representation were more than happy to talk to the press abroad themselves throughout his time here.

To clarify, I think it’s likely that things Pogba have said have been reported on as leaks but the rather birdseye ‘players hate training’ stuff we see is just as likely to be mumblings from a few players as any one.

Red Stone

The Rebekah Vardy shit has shown it doesn’t have to be a player. Pogba could moan to someone close to him who leaks everything for all we know.
Then, in this hypothetical scenario, Pogba's the leak. It has to come from someone inside the dressing room, some way or another. Who actually brings it to the papers after that is irrelevant.

If the stuff they moan about to their friends keeps showing up in the news, surely even our players have enough brains to know they need to stop sharing confidential information with people outside the club. Unless they want it to end up in the media, that is.

roseguy64

Where did you pull Matic from?
Just a process of elimination. He's been in England long enough. Mata too but if the leaker was a player directly I doubt it was him.

Of course, it could have been a family member/friend of Lingard, Pogba, Cavani, Mata, Matic or Grant all being told. Doing it for the money rather than helping the player's image and without the player knowing until the investigation.

roseguy64

Then, in this hypothetical scenario, Pogba's the leak. It has to come from someone inside the dressing room, some way or another. Who actually brings it to the papers after that is irrelevant.

If the stuff they moan about to their friends keeps showing up in the news, surely even our players have enough brains to know they need to stop sharing confidential information with people outside the club. Unless they want it to end up in the media, that is.
Well, why would I as a player assume that it's my friend doing the leaking if I trust them enough to share the info with them in the first place in a confidential manner? I would just assume it's another player doing it especially if it's not info identifiable to me.

AshRK

Can't stand Pogba but don't think he leaked much. Lingard definitely one and the other could be any of the English lad. Shaw is a suspect

Red Stone

Well, why would I as a player assume that it's my friend doing the leaking if I trust them enough to share the info with them in the first place in a confidential manner?
You wouldn't until you noticed that everything you said strangely kept popping up as news stories. I would start asking some questions at that point, at least.

Point is, if information that should be contained to the dressing room is making its way into the public, someone inside the dressing room is guilty of leaking it to someone. It doesn't matter if it's a friend or a journalist.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
the only concrete evidence we have of a leaker is a video of our loose lipped ceo getting pissed at the pub and revealing the inner machinations of the club to a bunch of strangers. it’s always been arnold.

Herman Toothrot

That's not a leak though, is it? This is just a fantasy fueled by irrational hate.

phelans shorts

Just a process of elimination. He's been in England long enough. Mata too but if the leaker was a player directly I doubt it was him.

Of course, it could have been a family member/friend of Lingard, Pogba, Cavani, Mata, Matic or Grant all being told. Doing it for the money rather than helping the player's image and without the player knowing until the investigation.
Seems like the press have drummed up quite the whiter than white image of him.

Bit convenient.

Mainoldo

Yeah you must be right there's absolutely no other reason anyone would ever want to share positive information about Marcus Rashford.
Sorry I’m wrong. Your right. Innocent until caught on video doing it. With his Grandma as a witness to identify it’s him

Mainoldo

What, specifically, has Rashford leaked? Enlighten me with some truth.
Okay so let’s just end it here because specifically no one at United has leaked anything. Except for Lingard telling Scholes of dressing room unrest… but even then that was not a leak.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It would probably be more accurate to say that Rashford clearly has a line of contact with many Manchester based journalists. The PR fluff pieces he has had this season come from the same 3-4 journos all at the same.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't get people thinking Pogba was the leak. The absolute stick he got from the journalists in this country, why would they constantly bite the hand that feeds? Doesn't really ring true to me.

phelans shorts

I don't get people thinking Pogba was the leak. The absolute stick he got from the journalists in this country, why would they constantly bite the hand that feeds? Doesn't really ring true to me.
They don’t like him already so it feeds the narrative. Facts be damned.

There’s literally zero reason to believe he is. As you say, there’s far more to suggest he isn’t.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lingard and Grant sound like pretty sensible shouts. The former we basically already know it’s him, and the latter has been on Talksport many times this season.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Lingard and Grant sound like pretty sensible shouts. The former we basically already know it’s him, and the latter has been on Talksport many times this season.
I’d be astounded if it was Grant. McKenna is hardly going to hire him if he’s been leaking disruptive shit everywhere. And it is far more likely to be a player unhappy - Grant was living the dream.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City

Matic could easily have spoken to Jose. And Jose would take pleasure is seeing United implode. Jose has a very good relationship with the U.K. press. He’s worked Talksport in the past and keeps his irons in the fire.

Plausible as a potential source of some internal leaks?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
the only concrete evidence we have of a leaker is a video of our loose lipped ceo getting pissed at the pub and revealing the inner machinations of the club to a bunch of strangers. it’s always been arnold.
You turned into Rimumbo. :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No one will know who the leak is, it could be a staff member, it could be one of the forgettable players or a member of the administration/communication team.

Paul778

i just don't get this forum. everyone bitches and moans when there is no communication and then they bitch and moan when there is direct unfiltered communication.

he was clearly not pissed. even in the most uncharitable interpretation that it was a PR stunt it's still ballsy of the guy to come down on his own and talk calmly and rationally to these guys.

Grants been the known link for ages. The rumour is pretty old.

Also there’s more than one for various reason. I mean we all know Rashford is a leak and is still here.

Maybe they are talking about the starting line up leak.
He's only been here 5 minutes though. The leaks far pre date him.

Anyway, I'm pretty confident the leaks won't be such a problem next year.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
i just don't get this forum. everyone bitches and moans when there is no communication and then they bitch and moan when there is direct unfiltered communication.

he was clearly not pissed. even in the most uncharitable interpretation that it was a PR stunt it's still ballsy of the guy to come down on his own and talk calmly and rationally to these guys.
I think you should check rimaldo's post history...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Leaks will be a problem as long as the results are poor and it's not just for ManUtd. It's same at any big club.

Mainoldo

The leaks pre date all the players leaving. I think they’ve just evolved with time.