Ange Postecoglou | New Spurs boss on 4 year contract

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Every manager is a great guy when the team is winning.
I mean more his demeanor in press conferences. I think he handled the Harry Kane situation really well, the concussion topic with Romero well and other bits unrelated to performances on the pitch.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Every manager is a great guy when the team is winning.
I thought he came across well when Celtic were out of the qualifiers for the UCL in his first season there. Didn’t seem phased and was defiant against the pressure.

"Catastrophic means the end. It's far from the end," Postecoglou said post-match.

"It's been suggested that the club is falling apart. That's not the case. I can't ask more of the players. I take responsibility, I don't blame people.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Perisic out for the season with an ACL.

Somewhat surprisingly he's actually got 14 assists since joining last year so it's a bit of a blow for Spurs and of course a big one for him personally. Hopefully he makes it back for the Euros.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Somewhat surprisingly he's actually got 14 assists since joining last year so it's a bit of a blow for Spurs and of course a big one for him personally. Hopefully he makes it back for the Euros.
I like his as a player, but honesty kinda glad her out, he not really an age player.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
What the feck? In what world would someone be glad that he's out?
He says some weird stuff, he rates Dier for a start :D

Perisic had an important role in the squad and brought a lot of maturity off the bench to help us see out games. His quality from set-pieces will also be a big miss.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He says some weird stuff, he rates Dier for a start :D

Perisic had an important role in the squad and brought a lot of maturity off the bench to help us see out games. His quality from set-pieces will also be a big miss.
Mate your an apologist, slag me and I guess your team all u want, at leat have some stones. Presic was mostly shite, could curl in a nice ball, but he was never gonna fit in an Ange system,ever.

Hnestly no real United poster will respect u with your tongue up thier arse.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
What the feck? In what world would someone be glad that he's out?
Cause how does he fit in our current system? Jesus, he’s gone cause Ange wants him out. Are you think as I know who u are on another spurs forum? Ange likes youth, Perisic is 35 this season…. Damn man.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Mate your an apologist, slag me and I guess your team all u want, at leat have some stones. Presic was mostly shite, could curl in a nice ball, but he was never gonna fit in an Ange system,ever.

Hnestly no real United poster will respect u with your tongue up thier arse.
Cause how does he fit in our current system? Jesus, he’s gone cause Ange wants him out. Are you think as I know who u are on another spurs forum?
I literally have zero idea what you're rambling on about.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Cause how does he fit in our current system? Jesus, he’s gone cause Ange wants him out. Are you think as I know who u are on another spurs forum?
Who cares even if he doesn't fit into our current system? Even if he didn't fit in at all, why would you be glad that a player at your club is out for the whole season?

He's not gone, he's still at the club and still contributing? Literally assisted last weekend?

From a selfish point of view, he's still a good player, with great stamina, who doesn't complain and a great option to come on to help influence games, including from set pieces. From a non-selfish point of view, this could conceivably end his career, or at least at the top level and makes it almost impossible for him to play for Croatia another time this summer in the Euros.

So I'm not really understanding the glad he's out bit at all?

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Perisic is an Ange type player. A player who loves running , can score and has a bit of ability.

Ange loved Daizen Maeda a man who just loves running.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is Sessegnon still alive?

Aside from about six weeks of looking o.k under Conte he's been a massive disappointment generally considering the hype he had at Fulham (and he was Bale lite at championship level for six months when Fulham went up).

He might be someone who'll do well under Postecoglu if Udogie picks up a knock.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Is Sessegnon still alive?

Aside from about six weeks of looking o.k under Conte he's been a massive disappointment generally considering the hype he had at Fulham (and he was Bale lite at championship level for six months when Fulham went up).

He might be someone who'll do well under Postecoglu if Udogie picks up a knock.
Always injured, Wilshere v2.0, made of glass. Spurs will probably look to move him and Davies on you would imagine.

Zagoon

Supports
Arsenal

He has excellent fitness and discipline, so there is a chance he can come back in time again, good luck to him.

Unfortunate injury for Spurs, because if they keep fit, they can get back into the CL again next season. Particularly with the 5, potentially 6 places available next year.

CallyRed

Love the fact Big Ange is a football manager but also wouldn't look out of place working in a traditional barbers. Love this guy.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Great manager who gets his team to play very attractive football. Very likeable fella too, sadly. Feck him though, fecking Spurs cnut.

Wilt

He’s very likeable ….a rare quality for a prem manager.

Real Name

Terrible news for Perišić, its a question when he comes back in what state will he be. He's not exactly young. Also bad for our chances at Euros.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I really wanted him instead of Dyche. Looking like he will be an excellent appointment.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Despite being a Rangers fan I thought he was brilliant at Celtic and a class act too.

Annoyingly from a United PoV he has got Spurs playing some cracking football already. I think he will do mint there and rooting for him tbh, I really like him.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Now Levy said Spurs is open to sale. I wonder if Spurs is more attractive to Sheikh Jassim as it is a London club with a new stadium, and probably will be cheaper than Man Utd as well.

Gordon Godot

Now Levy said Spurs is open to sale. I wonder if Spurs is more attractive to Sheikh Jassim as it is a London club with a new stadium, and probably will be cheaper than Man Utd as well.
Big Jim wants a major Premier League club. He will certainly consider Spurs.

gajender

Could be but I very much doubt it though the sample size is fairly small but so far state backed projects have opted for the Clubs where initial investment was on the lower side and it seems United being on the Market is unique opportunity not to be missed so the Interest at such high valuations but Tottenham just doesn't have that appeal but the initial Investment would still be quite substantial .

I see Tottenham attracting more the likes of private investment funds Crowd .

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Could be but I very much doubt it though the sample size is fairly small but so far state backed projects have opted for the Clubs where initial investment was on the lower side and it seems United being on the Market is unique opportunity not to be missed so the Interest at such high valuations but Tottenham just doesn't have that appeal but the initial Investment would still be quite substantial .

I see Tottenham attracting more the likes of private investment funds Crowd .
The man utd bid dragged on way too long.

https://www.sportbible.com/football...ter-united-premier-league-bid-463214-20230903

kaku06

Vulgarian
I’m not convinced yet by him. Let’s see where spurs are after mid season. The sample size is still very small.

gajender

Redstain

I’m not convinced yet by him. Let’s see where spurs are after mid season. The sample size is still very small.
Agree to an extent I think he's very promising but like most managers it's how does he handle bad results and or below par performances. The best managers in this league have a way of narrowing down the period of bad form whereas the more average / competent managers it plays out for a gradual period before picking back up again. I think this is the genuine criteria to really assess a managers ability. The league is too competitive for a team to just blitz opposition throughout the majority of the 38 games.

SambaBoy

Yeah it's way too early to say anything definite about him. I think he's a good manager but he's proved nothing yet at Spurs. It'll be interesting to see how he does when he gets a few bad results.

However it must be an exciting time to be a Spurs manager. You know Ange will play attractive positive football and you no longer have the Kane saga in the background.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Great manager who gets his team to play very attractive football. Very likeable fella too, sadly. Feck him though, fecking Spurs cnut.

Love this. What a class act!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
While he may seem like a good bloke, if you listen carefully you'll realise he's actually Australian.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
While he may seem like a good bloke, if you listen carefully you'll realise he's actually Australian.
He is actually more Greek than Ozzie, honestly I was not that keen on him when I first heard he was our manager, but damn it’s hard not to like the guy. He is so different than any other manager I have ever seen, just seems so genuine. Reminds me a lot of Martin Jol, Levy seems to have stumbled onto him and like most of Levy’s footballing choices they aren’t by design.

Last edited:

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
He is actually more Greek than Ozzie, honestly I was not that keen on him when I first heard he was our manager, but damn it’s hard not to like the guy. He is so different than any other manager I have ever seen, just seems so genuine. Reminds me a lot of Martin Jol, Levy seems to have stumbled onto him and like most of Levy’s footballing choices they aren’t by design.
I was born in Scotland, family moved to NZ when i was very young. Im a New Zealander, thats where I was brought up and spent the vast majority of my life. Just because you are born in a stable doesnt mean you are a horse. He may have been born in Greece and have a greek family but the guy is Australian through and through. benn following his career for years. He is more Aussie than Greek.