Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redo91

Also dont think he is top10 in the world, I would come up with Ronaldo, Messi, Iba, Suarez, Robben, Bale, Neuer, Lahm, Iniesta, Modric, Yaya above him to be honest.
Based on last season I would certainly rank him above Iniesta and Modric. He was Real's second best player last season after Ronaldo.

Scholes.92

WELCOME TO THE ANGEL OF VANCHESTER:drool:

Will be a brilliant signing, I expected like most people we'd move to 443 when he signs but then during the game today I thought maybe he could play the position Januzaj was playing, either way we definetly need someone who will get at players, dribbling with pace, I don't mind the slow build up we used today at times, but there were times when it was crying out for an injection of pace, someone to run at the defence and take people on, which I'm sure we have now :)

newseasonticket

Would love to get cozy inside Wayne Bridge's pocke
WELCOME TO THE ANGEL OF VANCHESTER:drool:

Will be a brilliant signing, I expected like most people we'd move to 443 when he signs but then during the game today I thought maybe he could play the position Januzaj was playing, either way we definetly need someone who will get at players, dribbling with pace, I don't mind the slow build up we used today at times, but there were times when it was crying out for an injection of pace, someone to run at the defence and take people on, which I'm sure we have now :)
Playing 443 would certainly help. Not sure other teams will be too happy thought.

Shark

@NotShark
Just imagine Januzaj and Di Maria causing havoc on the wings, running at the opposition all game.
What a sight that will and should be. Young and Valencia shouldn't start another game for this club as far as I'm concerned. They're utter wank.

Oo0AahCantona

we should be looking to shift off 1 of young or valencia as well as kagawa once he's signed. we have our attacking options sorted for years now.

Enigma_87

You know who
We could have a very long discussion about this. It's very difficult to compare players of different positions and trying to rank them in an order. :(
He was easily top 3 for Real last year along with Modric and Ronaldo. It's madness for Real to let him go IMO. He's also very versatile and has great work rate.

Di Maria, Vidal and Benatia are the best three players in their respective positions we can possibly get at the moment.

Problem is, we probably need all three of them. If Di Maria is our last big name signing this Summer we're in deep shit.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Dare I say it, if this signing does go ahead, would 4-4-2 be the best option?

We had a great deal of success over the years with 4-4-2 with the likes of Beckham/Ronaldo on the wings and it's pretty clear the reason it's been so ineffective over the past 5 years is down to the wingers we've had (Valencia/Young/Nani)

With Di Maria on one side and Januzaj on the other, we could have Herrera/Carrick(Vidal) in the middle with RvP/Rooney upfront and Mata coming in behind them in place of a CM when we need to go all out attack.

Truedevil

When i was looking this picture back in May i felt something and now it's official. Di Maria is a Manchester United player:devil:

Mister Ed

Am I the only one who thinks he's being massively overhyped on here. Very good player, but people describing him as "top 10 in world football" are in for a nasty shock
He was one of the best in the world last season at Madrid, I wouldn't see why he is not top 10 in the world in his position.

Better players (in same or similar position)
Ronaldo
Messi
Bale
Ribery
Robben
Ienesta---not so sure
Hazard----not so sure
Neymar---not so sure
Ozil----no
Sanchez----no
Silva----not so sure
Cazorla---no
Cuadrado---no
Turan---no
Reus---not so sure
Gotze---not so sure
Muller---no
Mata---no
Willian---no
Navas---no
Griezmann---no
Koke---not so sure

There is like 5 or 6 i'd agree with are better or atleast on the same level, and about 6 or 7 I'am not really sure they are better, some of them could become as good or better but aren't there yet imo. So I'd say it is fair to label him as top 10 in the world and I think he could easily be the best player in the league if we sign him. That is if he can replicate his form from last season and play in a similar role. He certainly has got the skills and mentality for it.

I think some people are still stuck in the mindset he is better version of Nani that was tossed around so often in the days we were linked with him. Well I think people are reffering to the best Nani we saw couple of years ago, he certainly was one of the better players in his position if he could eliver on that level consistently and Di Maria has grown out to be a superiror player in every signle aspect, including consistency, so that is quite some player. He was breathtaking last season more often than not and so decissive for them, why you think ancelotti and Real Madrid are pissed at seeing him go, because they think he is only an average player ? He was a vital cog in that unbelievable dream team from Real last season, certainly as good as Ronaldo or Bale if not better. He hasn't performed on that level every year I agree, but if he is coached in the right way and played in the correct position like last season he can be massive, probably the best player we have had in quite some time.

Enigma_87

You know who
Dare I say it, if this signing does go ahead, would 4-4-2 be the best option?

We had a great deal of success over the years with 4-4-2 with the likes of Beckham/Ronaldo on the wings and it's pretty clear the reason it's been so ineffective over the past 5 years is down to the wingers we've had (Valencia/Young/Nani)

With Di Maria on one side and Januzaj on the other, we could have Herrera/Carrick(Vidal) in the middle with RvP/Rooney upfront and Mata coming in behind them in place of a CM when we need to go all out attack.
Probably 4-4-1-1 (if we count Vidal). Much like Atletico lined up last season.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I hate to be a buzz kill but I'm not enthused about paying 64.9 million for him sorry, secondary player to Ronaldo and co. before last year I thought he was inconsistent when watching him sporadically, but then again I was jumping up and down when we purchased Mata last time and that hasn't worked out as I thought so hopefully I'm wrong again.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I hate to be a buzz kill but I'm not enthused about paying 64.9 million for him sorry, secondary player to Ronaldo and co. before last year I thought he was inconsistent when watching him sporadically, but then again I was jumping up and down when we purchased Mata last time and that hasn't worked out as I thought so hopefully I'm wrong again.
You thought he was inconsistent while you were watching him inconsistently? How inconsistent of you.

Annahnomoss

Will go down as one of histories biggest flops unless we play him in the one and only position he is world class in which is as a central midfielder allowed to attack. Even as an offensive central midfielder he isn't worth 64 millions or anything close to that.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

When i was looking this picture back in May i felt something and now it's official. Di Maria is a Manchester United player:devil:
:lol: no you didn't he was the best player in the UCL final and there was no"Hamez" at RM yet. Look at Fergie with that wry smile...probably thinking to himself "theres another one I should have bought"

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I'll play along! The only attacking players I can think of that are better than Di Maria are...................................

1.Ronaldo
2.Messi
3.Suarez
4.Bale
5.Robben
6.Silva

Can't really think of anyone else other than the above. Let's just agree that we're close to signing one of the best attacking players in the world.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I'll play along! The only attacking players I can think of that are better than Di Maria are...................................

1.Ronaldo
2.Messi
3.Suarez
4.Bale
5.Robben
6.Silva

Can't really think of anyone else other than the above. Let's just agree that we're close to signing one of the best attacking players in the world.
Id have him at 5 ahead of Robben and Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.