Angel Di Maria | Performances | Wife: "He only joined United for money. The food was disgusting. The women look like porcelain"

cyberman

Oil state players could be vunerable threats since they have unlinited money behind them ripe for ransom demands.
Id like to think the club woukld help pay anything to get them safe and move from there.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What sort of comments?
Don't want to say but it's actually on his wife's insta (he put a pic of his family up a few days ago). Violent robbery sounds awful and seems people are thinking this is tragic outcome but let's hope not and family are just shaken.

Giggs' right foot

Don't want to say but it's actually on his wife's insta (he put a pic of his family up a few days ago). Violent robbery sounds awful and seems people are thinking this is tragic outcome but let's hope not and family are just shaken.
Yikes. Can only hope for the best. I'd understand the lad if he wants to get the hell away from Paris after this.

Giggs' right foot

Signing a +1 year deal till 2022 means feck all if he wants to go after all this - no way PSG will keep him if he feels unsafe (which I definitely wouldn't blame him for feeling).

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Signed a new deal over the weekend.
Oh right didn't realise.

He pretty much checked out of Manchester as soon as that robbery happened so I imagine PSG would understand and perhaps even rip up the new deal and let him go for free if he wanted to.

Robbie Boy

Oh right didn't realise.

He pretty much checked out of Manchester as soon as that robbery happened so I imagine PSG would understand and perhaps even rip up the new deal and let him go for free if he wanted to.
He wanted out of United anyway. He seems to enjoy playing for PSG and is a pretty key player for them. It is only a one year extension so I guess if he really wanted out, PSG would likely oblige.

Chipper

Adulterer.
What a relief.

Good news but I don't get it. How do you take the contents of a safe without the code, and how do you get the code if not from the people who know it (his family)?

I suppose the safe being open/unlocked already is possible but would kind of the defeat the purpose of it.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Where did you get that from?
Probably some 15y old dickhead on Twitter and Facebook. His wife has been kidnapped, killed and declared safe in a 30min span.
Some of the lowest scum gets a kick at spreading sh*t like that...

Chipper

Adulterer.
The number of people who don't lock (or even close) their safe would shock you.

Yeah, must be that by that by the sounds of it and I am surprised. Never really mingled with people who have had safes that I know of.

Cutting it open is something I thought of too, but I'd have guessed that would make enough noise to be heard, even from the other end of what is probably a large house.

predator

Youth NITK
Ive always wondered why some footballers earning as much as they do dont hire security at their house 24/7. Surely hiring a security firm to constantly man your house wouldn't be that expensive or intrusive?

I'm thinking something along the lines of having some big mean cnut sat in a little portacabin at the front of your property 24/7.

Surely no more than 10k a week in expenses and would act as a major deterrent.

Schneiderman

Probably some 15y old dickhead on Twitter and Facebook. His wife has been kidnapped, killed and declared safe in a 30min span.
Some of the lowest scum gets a kick at spreading sh*t like that...
Yeah I saw it doing the rounds on Twitter too. Sounds like it's fake news thankfully, but what the hell is wrong with people spreading that kind of thing. I swear to god, the world today..

Asger

You'd make the world a better place by not spreading it about!
Well, It might have been true. Luckily it seems to be fake news! Even an Icelandic sport website posted from their source that his wife was kidnaped.

flappyjay

Ive always wondered why some footballers earning as much as they do dont hire security at their house 24/7. Surely hiring a security firm to constantly man your house wouldn't be that expensive or intrusive?

I'm thinking something along the lines of having some big mean cnut sat in a little portacabin at the front of your property 24/7.

Surely no more than 10k a week in expenses and would act as a major deterrent.
This for me too. It's happening far too often to not get a security team of some sort. Especially on game days as these guys mostly target game days when the players (the men) aren't home. I read that Marquinhos parents got robbed too last night in Paris.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can't imagine what it must feel like to have your home broken into once, let alone a second time. I know it's cool to hate him on here but it's just a sport. I wish him the best and I'm glad his family is ok.

mu4c_20le

Complete invasion of privacy, trauma, ptsd, etc. Can't see how he can stay in France after this, unless he really loves the money and easy league.

Barthez

Can never understand why footballers don’t have 24hr manned security.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Can never understand why footballers don’t have 24hr manned security.
How do you know they don’t?

A security guard isn’t going to stop an armed burglary. The best they can do is alert the police of it quickly. That would still require a 10+ minutes response time for police. By which time the burglars could be in and out. For all we know that could be exactly what happened.