Angel Di Maria | Performances | Wife: "He only joined United for money. The food was disgusting. The women look like porcelain"

Dante

Average bang
He's a player who has an incredible picture in his mind of the players on the pitch. That's why he's so good at playing first time passes into space. But his passing technique isn't the most accurate. When you play under van Gaal, you have to be precise to within centimetres because space is at such a premium. His first time passing did make things happen at United, but English defenders got wise to him very quickly. Playing under LvG's philosophy made things even harder for him. Having said that, I doubt he'd have succeeded anywhere in England. He never had the strength or the passing to get around the physical way we defend over here.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
He's a player who has an incredible picture in his mind of the players on the pitch. That's why he's so good at playing first time passes into space. But his passing technique isn't the most accurate. When you play under van Gaal, you have to be precise to within centimetres because space is at such a premium. His first time passing did make things happen at United, but English defenders got wise to him very quickly. Playing under LvG's philosophy made things even harder for him. Having said that, I doubt he'd have succeeded anywhere in England. He never had the strength or the passing to get around the physical way we defend over here.
Look at the size of Mahrez. If your good enough it doesn't matter what size you are

Dante

Average bang
Yet he has 9 assists already for PSG
Mostly on the counter and from set pieces.

Good passing isn't just about creativity. It's also about accuracy. He was fecking up the simplest of passes at United. He just doesn't have the precision in tight spaces.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He's playing well in PSG, they're what like 17 points ahead of 2nd place? It's a stroll in the park for them

But he struggled in England.

We can blame the philosophy, but Di Maria struggled to complete simple passes, and would lose possession often, his corners were terrible - Thats not down to LVG.

I don't think he showed the club respect especially during pre-season and i'm glad we got rid tbh.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Good passing isn't just about creativity. It's also about accuracy. He was fecking up the simplest of passes at United. He just doesn't have the precision in tight spaces.
I have been under the impression his awful passing near the end where down to confidence. I haven't actually watched PSG at all to say if he's good at passing or not. Him and Herrera seemed to have a real tough time under LVG where they would get dropped for making a mistake while Rooney could do what he wants

It's goddamn annoying seeing him pass like that though when we can't make anything these days.

Dante

Average bang
I have been under the impression his awful passing near the end where down to confidence. I haven't actually watched PSG at all to say if he's good at passing or not. Him and Herrera seemed to have a real tough time under LVG where they would get dropped for making a mistake while Rooney could do what he wants

It's goddamn annoying seeing him pass like that though when we can't make anything these days.
It wasn't just towards the end, though. He had a decent 3 game run at the start of his time here against relegation fodder. Besides that, his radar was off the entire time.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
It wasn't just towards the end, though. He had a decent 3 game run at the start of his time here against relegation fodder. Besides that, his radar was off the entire time.
He was playing in a team that had no idea what it was doing tbf. LVG even had him playing as a striker at times

Dante

Average bang
He was playing in a team that had no idea what it was doing tbf. LVG even had him playing as a striker at times
Doesn't change the fact he's not a very accurate passer. Excellent vision and quick thinking, mind you. But put him under physical pressure or restrict his passing avenues, and he falls to pieces.

Alfie092

Wish he was still at United and LVG gave him the freedom to do what he does best :(

Yes he gives the ball away a lot but at the same time he has that creative magic in him which currently none of our outfield players have. He is a player if played consistently throughout the season would get you at least 15 assists and around 10 goals a season.

Sad to see he wasn't willing to fight for his place in the team.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
By the end of his tenure at United his carelessness was definitely annoying, but I'd take his early risky passing and incisiveness over the shit we're seeing now.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
Wish he was still at United and LVG gave him the freedom to do what he does best :(
Beeing waisteful? It's player who looks great in a clip of his dribbles, crosses and passes that were good. But whether it is for Argentina, Real or United, there's an awful lot of things he does and shouldn't have done. Just plain wrong decision making.

I hoped he came to Manchester to become a better player, the best player he could be, by playing slightly disciplined and choose the right time and the right place to take risks. But he gave up and I don't know what Blanc can do with him, but I do expect to see a lot more beautiful YT clips and frustrating performances when I watch a whole match against a strong side.

Cait Sith

Cavani always looks like a donkey whenever I see him play. That clip a couple posts above just reminded me of it again.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Cavani always looks like a donkey whenever I see him play. That clip a couple posts above just reminded me of it again.
Hardly progressed at all since his Napoli days where he was a genuine top striker.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
ahh, so everything is player's fault now. I would rather have a player like him in my team than anyone from current United squad.

drdoityourself

He didn't want to be here and it showed towards the end, but many fans of this club are stuck in some kind of purgatory.
Every player that dares to try the unexpected, a difficult pass or take on a player gets so much stick. Nani, Di Maria maybe even Depay. Those same fans are calling for more entertainment, I don't see how the hope to achieve that.
I can't remember a game Di Maria didn't manage to create something, however bad he was playing he was a difference maker. We need those players and we need to get behind them.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Can't help but think if it was Fergie who bought him, he'd still be there. perfect man manager of players who struggled to adapt to life in England. Always felt like he'd throw an arm around their shoulder, whereas LvG clearly doesn't have that 'gift'. He got noticeably unhappier as the season went on, too.

Gutted he didn't make it here as he's a great player to watch at his best.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I can't believe how anybody can say Di Maria isn't a top draw player. Absolutely World class.

Before he was "reduced", he was prolific for MUFC. Making many assists for us, even though he rarely played.
He is exactly the player we are looking for. A player who can unlock stubborn defences.

Di Maria was absolutely perfect for us. The one that got away.
Under Fergie, I believe he'd have been dynamite.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
His ability to drive a team forward is fantastic, there are times when you unlock a defense with passing and probing and there are times when he just puts his head down and drives right into the heart of the defense. He saved us the game against Chelsea when he won the set piece by working Ivanovic all game long on the left side.

wiz4231

ahh, so everything is player's fault now. I would rather have a player like him in my team than anyone from current United squad.
Don't you dare disrespect Nick Powell like that....shambles you are!!!

wiz4231

Jesus wept

justboy68

I can't believe how anybody can say Di Maria isn't a top draw player. Absolutely World class.

Before he was "reduced", he was prolific for MUFC. Making many assists for us, even though he rarely played.
He is exactly the player we are looking for. A player who can unlock stubborn defences.

Di Maria was absolutely perfect for us. The one that got away.
Under Fergie, I believe he'd have been dynamite.
Fully agree. I think he would have been absolute quality in the right team, like one under Fergie. Many people have forgotten how good he was when he first arrived. He was putting in ludicrous performances for the first month or so up until he got an injury I think. It was never the same after that. I understand there is a bit of bitterness on both sides now, United fans saying he is shit and Di Maria claiming he never wanted to be here, but he looked happy enough when he first came and was freely scoring and assisting and would have been fine I'm sure in a better set up. He clearly didn't enjoy it under Van Gaal and then the break-in etc were the icing on the cake and personal happiness will always have a negative effect on performances so he was truly playing awful whenever got a few minutes towards the end.

He's not the only player who's looked like a shadow of their true selves under Van Gaal and that's a real concern. If his philosophy was showing clear signs of paying dividends then a few signings failing to adjust would be forgiveable, but we're no better off in performances now than we were a year ago and we even look weak on paper despite the outlay. I know going forward with a different manager we'd look more of a force as a team with Di Maria in it than what we have now and what Van Gaal will likely leave us with. A real shame it never worked out.

Trizy

It's depressing watching it. Exactly the kind of player we could do with

For the new page

I refuse to believe he meant to put that good ball in from a corner. A corner is a corner no matter what league, country or form you are in and he was fecking shite at corners for United. Could never beat the first man, ever!

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I refuse to believe he meant to put that good ball in from a corner. A corner is a corner no matter what league, country or form you are in and he was fecking shite at corners for United. Could never beat the first man, ever!
Probably a slip up. 9 times out of 10 it's the same for PSG.

Natener

Yeah, can't see him wanting to leave had fergie been in charge. Lvg falls out with everyone it seems.
I'm not going to defend LVG because he clearly wasn't a manager who could sort out Di Maria but he wouldn't leave had Fergie been in charge? We had two Argentinians before Di Maria and remember how that turned out?

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He just couldn't adapt to LvG's philosophy, it shows why LvG prefers young players that are willing to listen.
In hindsight he should have known Di Maria was a player that required freedom to both fail and not think too much, i remember criticizing Van Gaal for that last season.

It was just a huge mismatch.

Trizy

Probably a slip up. 9 times out of 10 it's the same for PSG.
Then why do managers or him continue to try take them? :lol: .. I remember one game we had a feck load of corners when he was here, like 14 in one game and he didn't beat his man in any of those 14 that were from the right side.