Angel Di Maria | Performances | Wife: "He only joined United for money. The food was disgusting. The women look like porcelain"

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Nah, Di Maria was utter wank because he sulked like a girl. I want LvG sacked asap, but the Di Maria thing isn't on him.
Have you seen our current squad? Bar one or two players, the rest wouldn't make it another team in the top half of the table. di Maria jumped ship before it was too late. Good on him. Look at the state of our team.

If LvG wasn't so hell bent on changing a 27 year old, coming off the back of his best season, into something he isn't then he'd still be here, flourishing as he is for PSG. I completely blame van Gaal. The one world class attacker we had, he forced him out of the club. fecking prick.

snk123

If LvG wasn't so hell bent on changing a 27 year old, coming off the back of his best season, into something he isn't then he'd still be here, flourishing as he is for PSG. I completely blame van Gaal. The one world class attacker we had, he forced him out of the club. fecking prick.
This. LVG can even buy Messi and turn him into shit in a few weeks.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Right, well you're wrong. Di Maria was a joke, acted incredibly unprofessionally, and also played really, really bad -- to the point where Ashley Young made him look like an amateur. He never wanted to be here and I'm glad he's gone.

Di Maria's angel

Right, well you're wrong. Di Maria was a joke, acted incredibly unprofessionally, and also played really, really bad -- to the point where Ashley Young made him look like an amateur. He never wanted to be here and I'm glad he's gone.
Ah yes, the great Ashley Young. Why do you think he wanted out? What do you think of our current performances? Aren't we, as a team, the same fecking joke that di Maria was?

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Ah yes, the great Ashley Young. Why do you think he wanted out? What do you think of our current performances? Aren't we, as a team, the same fecking joke that di Maria was?
He was unprofessional, and also really bad at playing football. I remember how he couldn't even keep hold of the ball -- would fall on the ground like a baby after the slightest of touches.

Then refuses to fly out and train with the squad. Meh, good riddance.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Have you seen our current squad? Bar one or two players, the rest wouldn't make it another team in the top half of the table. di Maria jumped ship before it was too late. Good on him. Look at the state of our team.

Di Maria was fecking trash and he gave up on us. Couldn't make a 5 yard pass and got pushed off the ball so easily.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This. LVG can even buy Messi and turn him into shit in a few weeks.
Messi would start off well.
He'd be dribbling past players.
He'd be creating/scoring goals. More so than any other player in our team.
Then as the weeks roll on, he'd stop scoring and creating goals and would become like all our other attackers.
He may even get benched if he doesn't pull his weight defensively.
If he gets disillusioned about the whole thing, he will ask that he be sold to another top team who can compete for trophies, where he would flourish, just as he did before joining us.

Does that sound unbelievable? Well, it happened exactly that way with Di Maria.

Di Maria's angel

Di Maria was fecking trash and he gave up on us. Couldn't make a 5 yard pass and got pushed off the ball so easily.
To save his career. I don't blame him. He obviously felt that he was going nowhere at United and left as soon as possible. Nothing wrong with that. And hey presto... look at the state of our great club. Worse than under Moyes.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Okay, lets go with your argument.
Who is doing better right now. Us or Di Maria?
Hmm? We're a football club, he's a football player... my argument isn't that Di Maria isn't doing well in France, just that I'm glad he's not here because he didn't want to be and it showed in his on-pitch performances and his unprofessional conduct off-pitch.

Di Maria's angel

He had about four good games. Was terrible after that. If that's the standard...
Still far better than any other attacking player has managed since. The standards have dropped, I'd love to see one our current players to perform similarly for 10 minutes in any given game, these days.

Di Maria's angel

:lol:

He had about three good games, one of them was at home to QPR.
And? He seemed perfectly fine and genuinely happy to be here. In fact, most felt he was a class above the damn league, early on. And the suddenly he fell away...

iBoss

i-ttack the space
And? He seemed perfectly fine and genuinely happy to be here. In fact, most felt he was a class above the damn league, early on. And the suddenly he fell away...
What do you mean and? He was fecking atrocious after those three games. What are you even defending here? He fecking gave up because he couldn't deal with the league.

Di Maria's angel

What do you mean and? He was fecking atrocious after those three games. What are you even defending here? He fecking gave up because he couldn't deal with the league.
What do you mean "one of them was against QPR"? For the best part of three years, there haven't been many easy games for us. In fact, Yeovil Town and Cambridge looked like Barcelona and Real Madrid against us.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
What do you mean "one of them was against QPR"? For the best part of three years, there haven't been many easy games for us. In fact, Yeovil Town and Cambridge looked like Barcelona and Real Madrid against us.
:lol:

Okay, so even if you disregard how shit QPR were, he still only had about 3 good games at the start and then was thoroughly shit.

RedStarUnited

Someone with a different attitude would have stayed to "defend their name".

When they list the premier leagues most expensive flops, Angel will be at the top of the list.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal

When they list the premier leagues most expensive flops, Angel will be at the top of the list.
Players have short careers.. why would he waste it in a team in transition under a manager who stifles his creativity?

He's went to a better team and will win trophies there. It was a no brainer, really. I'm not saying he couldn't win trophies at United.. but not in this current set-up.. so why take the risk of staying when you have an out like he did?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
To me its pretty obvious he was LVG'd.
Didn't look unhappy in his first month or so, got injured came back and then was shuffled around the team and as a team we literally stopped playing football. Not as bad as this season though thank fully.
He was't arsed after that, and thats his fault, but if anyone thinks things couldn't have been better if we didn't have a better manager you are kidding yourselves.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Obviously none of us will really ever know, but I do wonder if he could have stayed and had a fine United career, had we pampered him a bit more. Some players do need that. Maybe it would have made sense with a 57 million pound signing form a foreign country who needs time to adjust to a life/football in England. Of course he would have to be receptive as well.

The Hilton

Can't believe people are defending Di Maria here. He lost all confidence the moment things got a little rough, and started getting all of the basics completely wrong.

LvG isn't what caused Di Maria to wilt, he just didn't have the mental fortitude to be the main man here, he needed the giant shadow of a Ronaldo or an Ibrahimovic to hide in when things weren't going well, our only place for him to hide was Fellaini's hair.

bubbles_

Obvious what sort of player you've got on your hands when they're desperate to join PSG. They're like the Harlem Globetrotters..must be such an easy life.

Ryan7

Not necessarily. Would you want to play under Van Gaal? @kouroux is bang on. Di Maria made an excellent choice. PSG are going somewhere. Whereas United are a laughing stock.

RedStarUnited

Not necessarily. Would you want to play under Van Gaal? @kouroux is bang on. Di Maria made an excellent choice. PSG are going somewhere. Whereas United are a laughing stock.
Everything points towards ADM making the smarter choice by leaving a poor team.
Players have short careers.. why would he waste it in a team in transition under a manager who stifles his creativity?

He's went to a better team and will win trophies there. It was a no brainer, really. I'm not saying he couldn't win trophies at United.. but not in this current set-up.. so why take the risk of staying when you have an out like he did?
Not saying he made a bad decision. What im saying is, a different player might see that he needs to prove his worth to English/Man Utd fans.Bastian left a team where he can almost guarantee a trophy each season to come to us.

Different players, different mentalities.